PDA

View Full Version : TCC Carnage

BigRedFord04
04-26-2004, 02:41 AM
What'd you break?

myself, a front long-side shaft u-joint, which in turn took out the ears on both the shaft and the stub shaft. also, didnt find out 'til i took it apart that it took out the ball joints too. quick trip to the parts store in a stolen tate's truck and it was good to go. dunno how it broke, i wasnt getting on it anytime soon before i noticed it, but i ran the rest of aggie highway in 2wd, only got pulled twice.

Violentv8toy
04-26-2004, 05:57 AM
steering stabiliz0r
driver lower shock mount
nothing much else....other than the fact the damn thing doesn't run........TBI coming soon.

eight
04-26-2004, 09:40 AM
I finally broke a axle u-joint. I was being stupid and something shot at Hensel. Turns out it was the journal that shot through the top of the cap cause the cap couldn't come out cause I had stuck it in there correctly. Spread the ears on the inner just a slight bit. Also ripped the bottom of the skid plate and raised it about an inch. And I hear my springs were doing crazy stuff like 90* bends, but the one that was allready bent ended up straightening itself out.

The old Nokia got drowned again but this time the water was cleaner so it's probably better off than before. And I'm missing a stainless cup with black lid if anybody found it.

We need pics of Joseph's foreign jeep on its driver's side, and then the passenger's.

Doug Krebs
04-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Nice oil pan!!!

froader03
04-26-2004, 10:12 AM
josh alley also blew up a u-joint on the driver's side shaft. he had a spare and we fixed it and rolled on. I think I heard he broke something else later and only had 3wd by the end of the trip.

Tariqui
04-26-2004, 10:41 AM
yes that is correct i blew up both front shafts and had to finish the last obstacle of waterfall in 2WD hi it sucked but luckily i dont think i broke any ears on the axles i should be able to put in new u-joints and be good to go.

Cody_91YJ
04-26-2004, 11:01 AM
I tore a brake line and blew a seal on my hydraulic ram (time to add a cooler). Thats about it

uglyota
04-26-2004, 11:04 AM
shook my radio button off :D

J Cooper
04-26-2004, 11:24 AM
C.J.'s clutch went out, so i pulled him back to camp.... coming up the last slick hill the stap went loose then then tight again and i heard a pop....

broke the passenger side shaft u-joint... other than that everything worked great and even the projection worked awesome... except for like a ten minute period when it was raining.:rolleyes:

fbronco86
04-26-2004, 11:29 AM
i had some type of brake issues that got worse during the day. Also i got some nice body damage.

uglyota
04-26-2004, 11:38 AM
CJ's anti-wrap bar ripped off the axle housing, too

bburris
04-26-2004, 11:42 AM
The rear slip part of my driveshaft doesn't have one of it's ears anymore... I should have it back together this evening or tomorrow.

TxCruzr
04-26-2004, 12:12 PM
I trashed a fender from the recovery after the above picture :D

Joseph

fbronco86
04-26-2004, 12:58 PM
I also blew two tires out thanks to krebs :flipoff2: Its a good thing I did not pay for them.:D

Doug Krebs
04-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by fbronco86
I also blew two tires out thanks to krebs :flipoff2: Its a good thing I did not pay for them.:D

you penis, fork out the money for bias ply. Did it at least sound cool?

BigRedFord04
04-26-2004, 01:30 PM
oh, and i'm pretty sure i broke the pinky toe on my left foot. shoes are my enemy today.

uglyota
04-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Oh yeah...and Nicole rallied my fender flare off!

J Cooper
04-26-2004, 02:09 PM
i ripped off a tire weight, shakes a little driving around now, also think my transmission mount is going out. shifter kicks around when i take off... not a big deal, im just such a perfectionist little **** like that bothers me. ask nick:flipoff2:

AgDieseler
04-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Somehow, all the R134a leaked out of my AC system at the beginning of my first trip out there. The lines are brand new.

We started to pull onto 6, and we began to hear a hissing noise. I figure that I didn't tighten up one of the boost couplers well enough during a recent servicing and that I was just leaking some boost. No big deal - easy to fix. Turns out that the AC started to get warm, and the hissing went away. I couldn't find the leak. :mad:

Other than that, the truck pulled Cody's Jeep well. We did 70-75 mph on flat road, and 60-65 on hills. There was one semi-long hill near Kingsland that I had to drop into 3rd for. I saw 15 psi peaks and 1000* EGT with just over 12 mpg.

Doug Krebs
04-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by AgDieseler
Somehow, all the R134a leaked out of my AC system at the beginning of my first trip out there. The lines are brand new.

We started to pull onto 6, and we began to hear a hissing noise. I figure that I didn't tighten up one of the boost couplers well enough during a recent servicing and that I was just leaking some boost. No big deal - easy to fix. Turns out that the AC started to get warm, and the hissing went away. I couldn't find the leak. :mad:

Other than that, the truck pulled Cody's Jeep well. We did 70-75 mph on flat road, and 60-65 on hills. There was one semi-long hill near Kingsland that I had to drop into 3rd for. I saw 15 psi peaks and 1000* EGT with just over 12 mpg.

check the condensor where the lines are attatched. I have had 2 condensors brake the line in half at the same spot there...

bburris
04-26-2004, 09:14 PM
I just pulled the Jeep off the trailer to park it and I realized that when I almost laid over on the RC.com trail and dragged the 8.8 I must have peeled the diff cover off more than I thought... There seems to be about a quart of 80 weight on the deck of the trailer.

Oh, and the slip yoke cost $60. ****ing High Angle Crapline.

BigRedFord04
04-26-2004, 10:36 PM
one other interesting thing i forgot to mention...saturday morning i had to put a u-joint in my front driveshaft as it was the last thing i didnt get to do before i left CS. i got the u-joint beat in and was putting the driveshaft in while mike and kellie (stock white tacoma) waited for me to head to the trails. it had started to rain a little, and lightening in the area so the ground was wet everywhere when a bolt of lightening hit what they said was ~100 yards from where i was camped. all i saw was everything around me get really bright, and a split second afterwards a tingly feeling and a 2" arc from my hand to the driveshaft on the truck. it was intense. i think i should play the lottery this week. :cool:

uglyota
04-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by bburris
Oh, and the slip yoke cost $60. ****ing High Angle Crapline.
from Jesse or from carquest?

bburris
04-27-2004, 11:42 AM
I got it from a local Spicer dealer since I couldn't find the same thing in CarQuest's Neapco catalog. I need to take some pics to send to Jess to see if he wants to do anything about the broken chit.

redcagepatrol
04-28-2004, 08:51 AM
His crap sucks! Should have seen the weld on the shaft from Greg's Jeep that broke while in competition (costing us that course). My 7 year old nephew could weld better than that!

bburris
04-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I'm really happy that he takes care of customers so well after he's already sold **** to them.

StevenAg03
04-28-2004, 12:12 PM
brett i guess you should be one of those guys who posted on pirate right after you got it about how happy you were to still spend so much money(even after the gift certificate) on a damn driveshaft.....maybe if you had sucked his balls on the PBB then hed repair it for you no problem...:D

bburris
04-28-2004, 12:40 PM
I have given him praise, and posted pic of the shaft on PBB. He's seen the posts and said thanks for the praise. I'm not going to suck his dick like he's a god like most of the PBB slapdicks do, but hell, I haven't railed on him on any board except this one...among friends. I guess it doesn't really matter.

Maybe I should post something about how praise doesn't help when you need him to replace something that costs him about $20 from Spicer.:rolleyes:

eight
04-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Well are you sure the axle didn't wrap up enough when it landed while you were putting it to it that it maxed out the joint? If I'm thinking right XJ springs are known for wrap, and you don't got traction bar.

bburris
04-28-2004, 06:05 PM
shaddup:flipoff2:

I know why it broke, and I didn't really expect any type of warranty. He just hasn't responded to any contact I've made about it...