PDA

View Full Version : tbi4.3

uglyota
04-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Okay this one's a little easier to get
Bryan Iron & Metal has a rolled s-10 jimmy with a TBI 4.3 in it
Motor looks undamaged, might even run. It's in the scrap pile, so the price is like $0.30 per pound (what's that, like $60 for the longblock?)
Problem is, the truck was stolen (and Bryan Iron & Metal took it without a title), and the cops have investigated it. Might be worth getting in touch with them if you want to pick up a sweet deal on a motor.

bburris
04-30-2004, 07:41 PM
I'm definately interested. I don't really care whether or not it's stolen, I just want the engine and harness. Does anyone know if they're open tomorrow. If so, does anyone want to go help me pull it?

uglyota
05-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Sorry...didn't notice you replied till just now. Yes they were closed saturday. The problem with it having been stolen is that Bryan I&M might not get to keep it, and can't sell parts until they know for sure. I can look into this monday if you want. Did you head back down to corpus this afternoon?

bburris
05-02-2004, 08:29 PM
I'm leaving in about 10 minutes...:(

uglyota
05-02-2004, 08:49 PM
I've got a lot to do through tuesday, but do you want me to call wednesday and start figuring out how to get this motor? We could probably pull it in a couple of hours. I can keep it at my house for a few weeks.

bburris
05-03-2004, 02:47 AM
If they'll let me get it I may be able to come back up there next weekend. I wouldn't want them to pull it...I'd like to take as much of the wiring as is salvageable.

...If they are able and willing to sell parts off it, or maybe even the whole thing, I'll try to head up that way.

uglyota
05-03-2004, 09:27 AM
I'll let you know what I find out.

eight
05-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Yea, find out, I got nothing to do the rest of week. And there's an empty space in my shop under my hard top. :D

uglyota
05-03-2004, 09:52 AM
That's really nice of you Ryan...you would help pull and store that motor for Brett? ;)

bburris
05-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Thanks for keeping the Pollack at bay...

Let me know what you find out if you have the time. If not I'll just keep looking...

Ryan, I'm trying to catch up with you on cylinders so we can have a fair pulloff sometime.:flipoff2:

uglyota
05-06-2004, 10:46 AM
They have to wait until the cops are through with their investigation, which will take at least a month (probably a few). He said to keep calling every week or so. :(