PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Rock Comp in Farmington

redcagepatrol
05-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Troy and Doug didn't do too well.

Had a flop on day 1,
had a full roll on day 2 (driver, top, passenger)
had another flop on day 2, he called it a day after the second roll.

one good thing - the cage held up good!!!
they beat one person! Troy said that Doug would no longer be spotting for him...

Troy thinks that he might have bent some pushrods and is going to try and get that fixed before the Comp in Nevada.

UPDATE: he just called - flattened a lobe on the cam. Hope he gets that fixed

That's all I know - Hope we do better in Cougar Buttes, CA

bburris
05-03-2004, 01:22 PM
...sooo, he needs a new spotter?

I've got a boring summer ahead of me...:flipoff2:

:laughing:

redcagepatrol
05-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by bburris
...sooo, he needs a new spotter?

I've got a boring summer ahead of me...:flipoff2:

:laughing:
I'm going to try pretty hard to make all of the events. I think that he only has two more this season, and I will be at the one this weekend

Shaggy
05-03-2004, 02:43 PM
as much as you see hal on his lid with doug spotting him you think troy would have gotten the idea that it wasnt totally hal's fault

Fredo
05-03-2004, 04:48 PM
flat cam lobe??? it must have done it fast because it wasn't acting like that when it was at my place. :eek:

bburris
05-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
as much as you see hal on his lid with doug spotting him you think troy would have gotten the idea that it wasnt totally hal's fault
Hal and Doug's problem was due to the vehicle they were in. Doug couldn't really do much for spotting, as was probably apparent when I was trying to spot for Hal in Katemcy. The ZJ just kind of drives where it drives, Hal usually tries to keep it between the cones... Doug just makes sure he knows where they are before he floors it.

AgDieseler
05-03-2004, 08:47 PM
How exactly does one flatten a cam lobe? It's a hardened piece of cast iron, so it's very wear resistant. I can only guess that a collapsed lifter would do something like that. :confused:

Fredo
05-03-2004, 09:26 PM
well, i know big block chevy's are notorious for flattening cam lobes. If the hardening process on the cam is done incorrectly or the cam and lifters never develop a correct wear pattern, it can happen. Ask grayson, he knows all about flattening a lobe on a cam.

eight
05-03-2004, 10:02 PM
I got a flat one in my previous jeep motor. It happened after the lifter quit pumping up and I didn't feel like fixing it.