PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Den

uglyota
05-06-2004, 01:14 PM
I looked on LHOR's board and saw that they had been to Devil's Den recently. Did this area not go the way of Llano and Cibolo? Is it private? Can we go? How far is it? Is it worth it? If it's as close as Alto I'd be down for a saturday or sunday trip sometime.

Broncocustom
05-06-2004, 01:28 PM
It is in S.A.

stinger7401
05-06-2004, 01:29 PM
The den is somewhat close, i stress close, not the same though as cibalo. In my opinion its not really worth making a trip to go to. If your board and just have an anchoring to go somewhere and dont mind blowing the gas money by all means go. Theres a couple of hours worth of stuff to do but nothing real exicting, its a trashy drainage way.

As far as legality im not sure, it used to be if you were out there the cops didnt mind but if you were out there after dark they would ticket you. There is no real definate "yes or no" on the legalitys so its kinda your ownd discretion and the cops.

uglyota
05-06-2004, 01:38 PM
couldn't you butter it up just a little bit? :(
Being a 'froader in College Station sucks...kinda like being a rock climber in...College Station :(

Violentv8toy
05-06-2004, 02:43 PM
its like wheeling at the dump....but its not too bad.

Last time i went to the Den, me and my dad had to go to SA to pickup some tires, so we went, and after we ate, we decided to explore devils den. We left about 6:30pm, and as we were going out, the cops detained us and we were questioned for about 45 minutes. Seems they found 2 bodies that was recently dumped there.

I got a flat on the way home, so I'm not liking devils den too much. Theres a few neat little spots. Its hot and humid down there....you can make a day of it though...i suggest you go....2 minutes after you load up, you can stop for chinese which is the coolest part.

bburris
05-06-2004, 05:09 PM
It supposed to be fairly fun and you can make it kind of hard in some of the areas. The legality question is just that, a question. It's owned by some development company, but I don't think they intend to develop the area that is wheeled on. It's not a public waterway, so it's not affected by SB155. I don't think the cops have ever given anyone trouble except for parking tow vehicles and trailers at the mall nearby, but you can just park in the entrance area of the Den to avoid that.

Matt Conlee
05-06-2004, 06:01 PM
my friends and I from high school wheeled there about once a month not the most challenging of obstacles but fun. I will probably never go back and there always seems to be a random truck out there that gets set on fire after the neighborhood thugs have a joyride.

Graystroke
05-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Matt Conlee
I will probably never go back and there always seems to be a random truck out there that gets set on fire after the neighborhood thugs have a joyride.
..Or maybe they were Devils from the Den!:D