PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Drivetrain

BigRedFord04
05-08-2004, 02:52 AM
I know i've been telling everyone to go to Bryan Drivetrain rather than J&P, but until today the reason behind that is because i've got PLENTY of stories about how J&P does ****ty work. Anyway, i've been dealing w/ Larry (i think he's the owner and only employee) on parts of the 6x6 project i'm working on. He's a really cool guy, and makes a great 1st impression when you call him because he's got a voice that would be badass on the radio, even put Paul Harvey to shame. Anyway, i'm going to get the gears set in all three of these axles setup by him, and he said he'd do all three for $525, which, per axle is $10 cheaper than J&P charged me. he also worked w/ me very hard in trying to identify the xfer case that came out of the international that was in our driveway, even going as far as to print out exploded diagrams and stop what he was doing this morning to come by and look at it. i went over there on lunch to pick up some seals he'd found for me for the xfer case, i also dropped off the D44 3rd member from tate's TTB, to have the carrier/locker removed...picked it up like 30 mins later when i took the D60 over to get the gears set, no charge. i had torn down this xfer case (which turned out to be an NP202) and was starting to put it back together, when i realized it needed a couple of odd thrust bearings...called Larry up and he had them in stock, and set them outside the door before he left so i could pick them up and continue the assembly after 5pm. overall great experience and i'd definately recommend him even more now that i've dealt w/ him personally. great guy to do business with.

sorry for the longwindedness.