PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Painless High Beam Relay

JB
05-23-2004, 04:17 PM
I always though the headlights sucked on my 98 Chevy, especailly when out in the middle of nowhere or on a rainy night. Putting aftermarket offroad type lights would have been :rainbow: on this car, so I did not really know waht do do.

I was reading in some 4x4 magazine about the Painless Wiring headlight relay which allowed teh low beams to stay on when you turned on the high beams, which you could not do before on teh 88-04 Chevys.

I ordered it through O'Reilly's it was only like $23. If you so not give a crap how it looks, you could install it in 45 mins. I took about 2 hrs makeing it look factory and finding extra wire b/c it the kit does not give you a long enough power wire.

I did not really think it would make that big of a difference, but after testing it out last night deep down Greens Prairea, I am very happy.

88-98 PN was 30802. They also sell the kit for 99-02, and 02-04 Chevys.

BMFScout
05-23-2004, 06:42 PM
that is pretty cool, i was thinking about doing that with my truck, I wonder if it will make my fog lights stay on too, cause right now they go off when you trip the high beams. Is the kit worth it, or could I just get a relay and a fuse holder and go to town?

JB
05-23-2004, 07:44 PM
For $23, I thought it was worth it. But yeah, I kept thinking, this really would not be that hard to do.

But I did not know which GM wires to tap into, and did not know what kinda relay to buy. Kit and instructions made it easier for me.

usmcagg02
05-24-2004, 01:01 AM
my dad put one of those kits on my 2k silverado while i was gone. it does make it alot brighter. as for the fog lights, i dont know but i'll check and let ya know.

uglyota
05-24-2004, 09:27 AM
mine actually says "painless" on it.
Jimmy you can check mine out to copy it...one relay and one fuse.