PDA

View Full Version : Need to borrow birfield

8Runner
05-28-2004, 10:25 AM
I wondered if anyone had a birfield that I could borrow for the weekend. I am planning on buying longfields (or something comparable) within a few months, so I don't want to have to buy a birfield in the meantime if I don't need it. Anyway, If I do break one this weekend I would replace whatever I borrow with a new one. Call me at 574-4802 if you have one. THANKS!

uglyota
05-28-2004, 10:47 AM
don't get something comparable.
Get longfields.
Pirate is showing that nothing else even comes close.

TxCruzr
05-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Go with longfields or smurfields. The Profields seem to be worthless almost and you won't be able to get your hands on bellfields unless your lucky. Longfields would be your best bet. As far as birfields...I have 2 course spline LC ones if you want em :flipoff2:

Joseph

Chadnutz
05-28-2004, 11:59 PM
If I was in town I'd loan you mine. I hope profields don't suck, but if they do I have 4 spare stock ones anyway. :flipoff2:

I do need another hub back from you tho. I have no spare hubs anymore until I get a new spring.

CRaSHnBuRN
05-29-2004, 07:35 AM
Hate to disappoint you there nutz, but the general consensus is that they do suck. There has been a lot of breakage. Apparently alot of the core birfs modifed and sold by both AP and bobby long during the price wars were made by the same manufacturer, and had quality problems, hence the cheap prices. The old style longfields are still the best.

If I was in town I'd loan you mine. I hope profields don't suck, but if they do I have 4 spare stock ones anyway. :flipoff2:

I do need another hub back from you tho. I have no spare hubs anymore until I get a new spring.

8Runner
05-31-2004, 02:21 AM
Well I got lucky and didn't break anything so all is well. I will probably go longfields within the next few months, but tires come first. Nutz, wan't to just sell one of those spare birfs? I will order some hubs this week - totally forgot.