PDA

View Full Version : body work

usmcagg02
06-08-2004, 12:43 PM
anyone good at poping dents out of fenders? got one in my right rear, no crease just bent in and need some help gettin it out.

Shaggy
06-08-2004, 04:05 PM
search...

agjohn02
06-08-2004, 04:29 PM
search...

...and this will aide him in finding someone to help him pop it out?

Doug Krebs
06-08-2004, 04:48 PM
...and this will aide him in finding someone to help him pop it out?

haha someone's been on pirate to much yelling "search"

Shaggy
06-08-2004, 08:45 PM
this has come up in the past 6 months on this board like 2 times

stx4wheeler
06-08-2004, 09:44 PM
this is what i got when i typed in body work in the search tate so where is it at no of those threads look related to this, or if they do prove it, ***.
http://tamor.org/forums/search.php?searchid=2004

Shaggy
06-08-2004, 09:59 PM
i didnt say it would be easy... that is why i didnt search... but i know it has come up

jerryg79
06-08-2004, 10:02 PM
this is what i got when i typed in body work in the search tate so where is it at no of those threads look related to this, or if they do prove it, ***.
http://tamor.org/forums/search.php?searchid=2004
you probably misspelled "body work" anyway you no-typing redneck :flipoff2:

Shaggy
06-08-2004, 10:03 PM
http://tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3715

Shaggy
06-08-2004, 10:11 PM
well that wasnt exactly the one i was looking for but it isnt worthless

agjohn02
06-08-2004, 10:25 PM
yeah, good thread... :rainbow:

he asked someone to help him out, not how to do it info.

body work scares me. i'd recommend taking it to a paintless dent removal place. should be fairly cheap for one dent that you can get to the backside of easily. i think theres a place on texas somewhere in bryan thats there all the time, not just when it hails.

pirate pisses me off to no end. the guys on there that yell search or newbie at the drop of a hat and every thread turns into a flame war. i use it for a last resort. if you search for scout cooling fans, you'll find jimmy gettting his @$$ chewed for being a newbie when he knew more about what was being discussed than any of those other fags.

bburris
06-08-2004, 10:35 PM
How big is the dent? If you can, you might try to get an old plunger (couple bucks at a dollar store) and rub some vaseline around the rim where it makes contact. Stick this to the center of the dent, get good suction built up and pull. If the dent it large enough and isn't creased this has worked for me a couple times in the past.

Ingenloff
06-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Try Brett's method. Places like ho'reilly's sell something of the same general idea; I think it's only a couple of bucks. If it really is a dent and not creased, it should prove to be relatively effective.

bburris
06-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Besides all that, you get a lot of funny looks parading through the grocery store with a plunger, a jar of vaseline and a bag of chips... :laughing:

eight
06-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Yea, there's a plunger sitting in his bathroom with dent pulling experience. But I've never used lubrication....

In other bull****. He was looking for someone to help with it. Not recomendations on shops or paint or such.

Ingenloff
06-08-2004, 11:32 PM
In other bull****. He was looking for someone to help with it. Not recomendations on shops or paint or such.

Was he really??? Well, ****; I hadn't caught that. :flipoff2:

Those suggestions were simply tossed out there because it's quick, easy, relatively effective if the dent's not too bad; not to mention it requires no experience. It's something he could try himself (it'd take a few minutes) - perhaps he was unaware of such a simple method prior to this thread. However, if after reading this he still wants help tryin that, ****, I can drive over there so long as he has the stuff to fix it with. :rolleyes:

uglyota
06-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Welcome back, Kate!
How's Papa Smurf?
-pimp-

Ingenloff
06-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Welcome back, Kate!
How's Papa Smurf?
-pimp-

Runnin' like a champ....just gotta get that ass-end lifted up and then get'er painted this summer. :cool:

usmcagg02
06-09-2004, 12:17 PM
unfortunately the plunger method wont work. i have one of the ding protector plastic trim strips on the side of my truck. this is what saved me from gettin the crease(i think) but made the dent prolly bigger than it should have been. its almost foot and half diameter. as for tips, if somone has one that will work that i can do i'll do it. but i'm hesitant to get out a hammer and dolly cause i dont want to **** up my truck, i wanna fix it and...
body work scares me.

i'm tryin to stay away from havin to go to a body shop cause my past experience has been that they over charge for ****ty work. i'll try to get a pic of it up here incase that would help.

Seth
06-10-2004, 10:00 AM
If you end up going to a body shop - i know a good one for you to go to - cheap.

8Runner
06-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Have Lance @ Creative Audio take a look. He did wonders with my body work & his prices are pretty damn good, though sometimes he is too busy to do the work. He has been known to cut deals for TAMOR members & he really could use the business.