PDA

View Full Version : Utah

stinger7401
06-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Anyone want to go to utah with me??? :flipoff3: Im leavin next friday, YEAAAAH!!!

Matt Conlee
06-19-2004, 09:54 AM
nope

stinger7401
06-26-2004, 01:45 AM
In Albaquorque tonight and will spend tomorrow in Durango/Ouray, then through Moab and on to Park City, should have some pics tomorrow

Violentv8toy
06-26-2004, 10:48 PM
might as well ask now....

I'm wanting to do a Rubicon/Moab trip soon after school starts (october)

anyone up for it?

EDIT: or colorado

Chadnutz
06-26-2004, 11:00 PM
So is this going to be a weekend trip? :flipoff2:

Violentv8toy
06-26-2004, 11:05 PM
yeah....it will be about a week and yes it will have an end to it, sadly. :flipoff2:

i've got a new Ferd and a trailer that easily will fit another toy or a fullsize*cough*eric*cough*

Chadnutz
06-27-2004, 09:24 AM
What about school?

Violentv8toy
06-27-2004, 05:24 PM
i dunno, i didn't think that far ahead yet, man!

I'm thinking sometime where we've got like 4-5 days off.

Thanksgiving? What is the weather like in moab and the rubicon at that time?
In colorado it might be a tad cool in some of the mountain trails. ~50

I think it would be cool to organize an event where Tamor could go wheeling somewhere in the west. (especially since i haven't been on one) I've got access to a few decently good shops in colorado and plenty of rooms in denver/springs/walsenburg/phoenix/Cruces/Vegas/Lake Tahoe to cut down on costs. Its really something that I WILL do with my pops, i'm just kinda telling everyone in advance to see if anyone would be interested in going.

Maybe i'm biting off a bit more than I can chew....i'd be happy with a run through the rubicon....esp when we don't know how long the rubicon will last.

Figure: Total Est. Time: 32 hours, 7 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1864.26 miles
in a vehicle that gets 10mpg when towing, @ 1.75/gal it would be ~$330 to get there. Those with gas engines it might take a tad bit longer and be a bit more expensive. :)Plenty of people in the club have long flatbeds and 4 door diesels....not to mention the RRDH club.

EDIT: drive all day/night...plenty of drivers...3 meals...pretty much sums up to 2.5 days of driving round trip and 2.5 days of wheeling.

Anyone think this might be something they might like to do? or are some of you content on seeing pix of my crapper stalling on obstacles? if we started organizing now, and everyone saved up a little bit of money here and there, it would definately be something cool we could all do.

Chadnutz
06-27-2004, 06:46 PM
The most we get off in the fall is 4 days for Thanksgiving. Some might be able to get out of their Wednesday classes, while others may have tests on those days. To get a trip like that down to where us college students can afford it we really have to tow 2+ rigs per trailer. I could handle $330 for fuel, but $660 is a bit much. Where are all the 40 ft goosenecks when you need them?

Violentv8toy
06-27-2004, 07:51 PM
what about other popular wheeling places then? Tellico? how far is that?

Violentv8toy
06-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Total Est. Time: 17 hours, 23 minutes Total Est. Distance: 976.22 miles

thats about 350 roundtrip...would that make it easier?

http://www.offroaders.com/album/Tellico/tellico_map.gif

Busa
06-27-2004, 07:55 PM
20 hours long hall. It was not that good for how far it is. For the drive you could go to las cruses or arazona and have some real fun.

Violentv8toy
06-27-2004, 08:04 PM
well, not only am I looking for good wheeling, i'm just looking at places I've never been.

What is Cruces like wheelingwise? I'd rather not go to AZ...if i were to go, i might as well go to the rubicon too.

usmcagg02
06-27-2004, 09:09 PM
if i'm still in tx and you got an open seat i'd be up for it. as long as you only stop for gas and to switch drivers we could really cut down on the drive time.

Violentv8toy
06-27-2004, 11:00 PM
thats the only way i drive ;)

eight
06-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Cruces is badass. Search for spring break trips on here, we went 2 years ago. Or just search for cruces, plenty pics.

stinger7401
06-28-2004, 12:08 AM
WHOAAAA killa. These trips your talking about are big deals and are not feasable during the school year. Its not necissaraly a monetary issue but more or less a willingess to succeed in school issue. Atrip to the rubicon would be about 5 days worth of driving, a trip to Moab would be roughly 3.5 days of driving and a trip to tellico would be about 3 days worth of driving. These sort of trips usually include about 3-4 days worth of wheeling. So with that information think about how many days of school you are willing to sacrifice to just go on a trip. These large trips are best reserved for spring break (which we will have a big trip this year, thanks scott :) ) christmas break or summer time that way you aren't crunched for time, set back in school work and are constantly under stress during the trip. The time to do these trips are during Spring Break. This last year was different but traditionally TAMOR has several groups hitting up different locations . The trip schedule will come out around August and we will have plenty of trips planned for people to attend. So I ask you to just hold off untill then and wait for the schedule. As far as planning goes I have been to all those places except Tellico and the rubi. So if you feel that youy still need a long trip right now Ill give ya pointers but I'd recomend holding off a bit.

Oh yeh and I did Arizona one way in 14 hours which is a record and the Rubi is close to 28 hours drive tiem from college station

Busa
06-28-2004, 06:58 AM
Going to Cruces could be done on a four day weekend. A person could make it there in 11 to 12 hours driving all the way throw. Troy and I left Collage Station at 8pm on Thuersday and got to Cruces at 9 Friday morning for 2 days of wheeling and got back to CS on Sunday night. It can be done. It is worth it. If I was in town I would love to go on that trip.

Greg and I are wonting to make a trip to Claton. Maybe leave Collage Station on Monday September 20th. Cant go on the weekends thay are all booked up.

The weekend of Septembe 25th I will be having a party at my house in Anderson and will be cooking about 400pds of meat. You will have to bring your own drinks. We will have all the food. I know it is a long time from now but if you think you may be able to make it IM me so I can start getting an idea of how many people. With my family and friends I am planing on about 150 people. Everyone will be invited. I will post something when it gets closer.

Scott and Troy will be in the comp in Mason on Sep 18th and 19th. We are planing on going to that one. We will also be going to Cali for a comp on Oct. 1, 2, and 3rd, if anyone is interested.

AgDieseler
06-28-2004, 09:47 AM
Clayton sounds fun. You'll like the new property, and I'm down for any party.

Busa
06-28-2004, 01:17 PM
I have been wheeling the new property for the last 2 year. I have been going to claton for about 4 to 5 years now. I have not been away form CS for that long. I know most of the trail in Claton new and old ones that can not be wheeled anymore.

spool
06-28-2004, 01:27 PM
The new stuff just opened. You have not been on their new trails.

uglyota
06-28-2004, 03:51 PM
The weekend of Septembe 25th I will be having a party at my house in Anderson and will be cooking about 400pds of meat. You will have to bring your own drinks. We will have all the food. I know it is a long time from now but if you think you may be able to make it IM me so I can start getting an idea of how many people. With my family and friends I am planing on about 150 people. Everyone will be invited. I will post something when it gets closer.
I'm there dude :cheers:

Mario, thanksgiving in Moab could be bad ass, or it could snow (which would still be kinda cool). That really is a long way for a short trip. It was 6hours from Fort Collins and we'd leave friday afternoon and get back at 2am monday and it was still a really rushed trip.

I could be down for Cruces or even Arizona around thanksgiving ('specially if you're towing :D), but still wouldn't be able to commit to anything for a while (yup...grad school!), but I would think those places would be a safer bet for good weather. Heat? They don't know heat! :D

uglyota
06-28-2004, 04:33 PM
In Albaquorque tonight and will spend tomorrow in Durango/Ouray, then through Moab and on to Park City, should have some pics tomorrow
Pics please!

redcagepatrol
06-28-2004, 10:30 PM
What in the hell are you doing out there???

Tellico is not worth it... Go out West for fun wheeling.