PDA

View Full Version : norton anti-virus

usmcagg02
06-20-2004, 07:24 PM
anyone got a new copy i can borrow?

jerryg79
06-20-2004, 07:55 PM
anyone got a new copy i can borrow?

I got a corporate copy of 2002, it will get all the most recent updates though and will last a year, and then you can just uninstall it and reinstall it. Done it twice already.

Free to you if you want it.

fbronco86
06-20-2004, 10:20 PM
i have 2004 version of snatch's but same difference after you up grade it.

usmcagg02
06-21-2004, 02:23 PM
i have 2004 version of snatch's but same difference after you up grade it.

can i borrow the disks for about a day or two?

fbronco86
06-21-2004, 05:07 PM
can i borrow the disks for about a day or two?

yeah i will look and see if i can find it. me and jerry live at the same place so one of us should have it

usmcagg02
06-21-2004, 07:03 PM
thanks, can i pick it up tomorrow after noon? what time's good?

fbronco86
06-22-2004, 04:07 PM
thanks, can i pick it up tomorrow after noon? what time's good?

well i am home right know i should be home till 8 ish and then i am going to study

usmcagg02
06-22-2004, 07:58 PM
guess i'll have to try some other time

Mack84
06-22-2004, 09:46 PM
well i am home right know i should be home till 8 ish and then i am going to study
is that what u call it these days?

usmcagg02
07-06-2004, 04:47 PM
mind if i come pick it up some time today or tomorrow? gimme a call when is a good time 676-0449.
thanks

SteveRanger
07-08-2004, 03:57 PM
I have Norton if you still need it. Just let me know.

usmcagg02
07-13-2004, 06:40 PM
yea, still needin it. when can i come get it?

DRAGOONRANCH
02-18-2013, 08:46 AM
What are all the kool kids using for anti-virus/spyware/malware protection these days?

MR.ZAP
02-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Kaspersky as far as I know.

davido
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
This is a good site to remember: http://download.cnet.com/windows/

It shows what is popular, which is usually a good indicator. AVG Free is a good free one, but Avast seems to be even more popular.

1. Avast Free Antivirus 1,167,289
2. AVG AntiVirus Free 2013 934,999

It's also a trusted site for any kind of downloads that you need. Freeware or even just updates.

robertf03
02-18-2013, 01:24 PM
nothing, just password your computer and don't run stupid things on it

Sparling
02-18-2013, 02:09 PM
what flem said. I have all my important websites on buttons so phishing is easier to prevent and downloads have an administrator pop up thing so nothing downloads unless I click okay

BroncoJo
02-18-2013, 02:38 PM
If you want something free I believe AVG, Avast or Webroot are all decent.

Hot Pocket
02-18-2013, 07:01 PM
On a monthly basis, I run Ad-aware, CC cleaner, and Spybot. My antivirus monitor is a pirated version of the AVG suite that has full time monitoring etc. If you're up for cracking some software, it's free and effective....

Seth
02-18-2013, 08:10 PM
on a monthly basis, i run ad-aware, cc cleaner, and spybot. My antivirus monitor is a pirated version of the avg suite that has full time monitoring etc. If you're up for stealing some software, it's free and effective....

fify

DRAGOONRANCH
02-19-2013, 09:49 PM
nothing, just password your computer and don't run stupid things on it

I had young ones in the house, so kinda screwed that one up already. :doh:

Once I get my son back, I fully plan on getting him a cheap laptop or desktop so mine stays 'clean'.

Hot Pocket
02-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Copying and stealing are two different things my friend.

robertf03
02-19-2013, 10:41 PM
copying intellectual property without consent is theft

justify it anyway you want, you are a thief

Hot Pocket
02-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Wrong. It is not theft. It is copying. Theft implies my ownership of something at the expense of another.

Example: Sparlings truck was stolen by a thief. If that thief has come up to Sparling's truck and assembled his own truck based off of Sparling's and it was alike in every way, would you say that he stole the truck? No, the truck was copied. The original truck is still there, and the use of my truck in no way impacts Sparling's truck.

This whole concept of "intellectual property" is nothing more than a caveat that gives the original owner the power of attorney.

jasonjuch
02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Coming from a future lawyer (hopefully) stand point. That doesn't make any legal sense. There is a reason Napster is out of business.

robertf03
02-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Wrong. It is not theft. It is copying. Theft implies my ownership of something at the expense of another.

ownership at the expense of the developer

keep toking up, its theft of service

call the SPA if you have any question

Sharpe
02-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Nothing warm pocket (you've been demoted) says ever makes sense. I think Flem is being catfished. No way someone's understanding of intellectual property and copyright law is that convoluted. No way. If you're a thief at least have the pride to be honest and own it. Making poorly articulated and illogical counterarguments makes you look weak and insecure.

KrazyKarl02
02-20-2013, 10:05 PM

Example: Sparlings truck was stolen by a thief. If that thief has come up to Sparling's truck and assembled his own truck based off of Sparling's and it was alike in every way, would you say that he stole the truck? No, the truck was copied. The original truck is still there, and the use of my truck in no way impacts Sparling's truck.

This whole concept of "intellectual property" is nothing more than a caveat that gives the original owner the power of attorney.

Man all those big words, surely you must have graduated from a&m. How is that diploma coming?

BMFScout
02-20-2013, 11:32 PM
warm pocket (you've been demoted)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Douche%20Pocket

AggieTJ2007
02-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Nothing warm pocket (you've been demoted) says ever makes sense. I think Flem is being catfished. No way someone's understanding of intellectual property and copyright law is that convoluted. No way. If you're a thief at least have the pride to be honest and own it. Making poorly articulated and illogical counterarguments makes you look weak and insecure.

Sure it can be. Douche Pocket and others like him don't understand this idea of intellectual property. Maybe it is because they will never have a new idea of their own. Just keep on ripping that bong and and blaming someone else for your ****ty existence

Hot Pocket
02-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Oh joy; this should be fun!

Applause to Jason for keeping it above the belt :gigem:

I'm not trying to get into any legal or moral right-or-wrong. Everyone has their opinion on the matter. Factually, the only point I'm trying to make is that "stealing" and "copying" are two different things, and online piracy is the latter.

ownership at the expense of the developer

keep toking up, its theft of service

call the SPA if you have any question

Theft of service; how is any service being stolen? I am performing this service myself, instead of going through a middle man because I have the knowledge and capability to do so. Isn't that the whole point? You're not being charged with "theft of service" from your mechanic every time you change your own oil.

Convoluted? Not quite. Let me simplify for you since you seem to be either unwilling or unable to understand.

When you replicate the outcome - it's a copy.

When you steal, you claim ownership. You replicate the process, the function, the principle, etc.

You can make a copy of a Picasso, and it's nothing special. But stealing the original painting done by Picasso, is a very different thing.

And I am not a thief, I have never stolen anything, from anyone, ever. You can ask (some of) the members in this club that if something has gone wrong, I did what I could to make it right. They might not own up to it publicly, in fear of angering the "HP sucks bandwagon," but they know who they are.

Man all those big words, surely you must have graduated from a&m. How is that diploma coming?
It's going well. I got accepted into both A&M and U of H. After spending a semester at U of H, I decided that my heart is at TAMU, and I'll be enrolling to finish in the fall. I've only got about 30 hours left. Glad to know you care so much!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Douche%20Pocket
Way to jump on the bandwagon, really, all your buddies must be so proud of you!

It's really funny because a lot of you guys are actually pretty cool dudes when I've talked to you in person, but you seem to have this collective hate-deuchebaggery that I can't quite describe or understand for the life of me. What the hell is wrong with all of you that you can't just be civil with one another?

Alright I'm done, let the HP flame continue:D

robertf03
02-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Theft of service; how is any service being stolen? I am performing this service myself, instead of going through a middle man because I have the knowledge and capability to do so. Isn't that the whole point? You're not being charged with "theft of service" from your mechanic every time you change your own oil.

software doesn't grow on trees, someone wrote it. You are a thief, and a dumb one too

someone should forward this to the admissions office

http://compliance.tamu.edu/CodeConduct.aspx

Seth
02-21-2013, 08:23 PM
HP, I am on your side more than most, but your argument of building another sparling truck would only stand if you wrote your own program.

Your original verbage of "cracking" implies something other than copying.

Sparling
02-21-2013, 08:40 PM
wait who is building copies of my truck? they owe me monies!

Sharpe
02-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Show us documentation that you were accepted to A&M.

StevenAg03
02-21-2013, 09:37 PM
When you replicate the outcome - it's a copy.

When you steal, you claim ownership. You replicate the process, the function, the principle, etc.

your problem is to replicate the outcome (your definition of copy), you are replicating the process, the function, the principle, etc (your definition of stealing)...

for you to replicate the outcome, you would have to write your own anti-virus software...

TexTJ209
02-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Semantics wise, piracy isn't theft. Even the MPAA has agreed to that.

(http://ipad.geekosystem.com/geekosystem/#!/entry/mpaas-chris-dodd-admits-that-calling-piracy-theft-is-a,4fba856d4b672622b8f8470f/1)

It's still ****ty, illegal and immoral, so arguing semantics to try and justify your actions is a stupid ****ing hill to take a stand on. If the software is good enough for you to recommend it, why isn't it good enough for you to pay for it?

JB
02-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Dumbest thread ever

BMFScout
02-22-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. I told you to your face how I felt about you in Clayton last year. You were too stoned to remember I'm sure. I'd be happy to tell you to your face how I feel about you now. I wish you would go away so that when prospective members come around they don't meet you and decide they'd rather spend their time and dues somewhere else.

mudtoy67
02-22-2013, 11:42 AM
What are all the kool kids using for anti-virus/spyware/malware protection these days?

See what you did?! Reviving old threads just brings strife! :laughing:

DRAGOONRANCH
02-22-2013, 09:08 PM
See what you did?! Reviving old threads just brings strife! :laughing:

I just give people rope, if they decide to use it in an autoerotic asphyxiation session, thats on them..... :flipoff2:

sam_hodnett
02-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Dumbest thread ever

This

TexTJ209
02-23-2013, 09:26 AM
I like turtles

sam_hodnett
02-23-2013, 12:58 PM
I like turtles

My uncle has a pocket knife