PDA

View Full Version : Your old ****ty bike or bike parts

jerryg79
06-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Jimmy brought down a new project.....and we need some parts off a bike to use on it.

Here are some things we need

Bike chain
Sprockets
brakes
brake levers

all donations to be compensated with beer or a couple bucks

also once we get a chain we will need to borrow a chain tool to shorten the chain to our desired length :cheers:

Shaggy
06-22-2004, 05:30 PM
details?

jerryg79
06-22-2004, 05:41 PM
details?

Death scooter....I dont have a digital camera anymore so you'd have to see it in person

agjohn02
06-22-2004, 06:23 PM
do i see a chinsaw motor on a bike in the works? i always wanted to do that.

BMFScout
06-22-2004, 06:55 PM
It is a stretched scooter like you used to have when you were a kid, the stand up push kind. It was an early BMF project that never reached fruition, I am looking to ressurect it because Jerry lives 200 yards from me and that is just too damn far to walk, especially when drunk :) It has a go-kart tires/sprocket on the back, and it will be powered by a 3 hp briggs that came off on of those ****ty edgers. We also need a throttle cable/control like found on a jet-ski, and I'd like to set-up some lights on it for safety's sake :) If anyone has any parts they think would help, that would be cool, now all we need is some motivation...

eight
06-22-2004, 07:37 PM
You can still get a DWI on it, and all kinds of other fines that go with not having it street legal, and it will attract such things. Maybe you should consider a bicycle, or a grown up size bigwheel would be badass.

Mack84
06-22-2004, 09:57 PM
oh my I would love to get a grown-up sized big wheel. I would take it to campus and lock it up with all the other bikes weeeeee. If anyone wants to make me one i will give you money

robertf03
06-22-2004, 10:21 PM
You can still get a DWI on it, and all kinds of other fines that go with not having it street legal, and it will attract such things. Maybe you should consider a bicycle, or a grown up size bigwheel would be badass.

rig it up to a wheelchair. no one ever got a dwi for being handicapped

usmcagg02
06-22-2004, 10:29 PM
oh my I would love to get a grown-up sized big wheel. I would take it to campus and lock it up with all the other bikes weeeeee. If anyone wants to make me one i will give you money

you gonna supply the parts to make it? i think i got an idea how i could do it

Graystroke
06-22-2004, 10:35 PM
just get some bike lights to see at night. do you already have a centrifical clutch? if not,You could just rig it up like the edger with a v-belt and an idler to engage. you wouldn't need a throttle cable then. start it up, set it a full throttle, engage the idler and slip the belt to get it going. make a suicide shifter like on old bikes.

J Cooper
06-22-2004, 10:38 PM
you gonna supply the parts to make it? i think i got an idea how i could do it

hey bring it, i want one, we got all the tools here to make one.

BMFScout
06-22-2004, 11:11 PM
i've got a snake man, you guys want to feed it some rats...
seriously from now on anytime a thread gets hijakced it is no longer "hijacked" it will forever be known as "snaked" from now on...
so stop "snaking" my ****ing thread, anyone got extry parts?

robertf03
06-22-2004, 11:29 PM
i've got a snake man, you guys want to feed it some rats...
seriously from now on anytime a thread gets hijakced it is no longer "hijacked" it will forever be known as "snaked" from now on...
so stop "snaking" my ****ing thread, anyone got extry parts?

Hey Jimmy, that new Beastie Boys CD kinda sucks

agjohn02
06-22-2004, 11:31 PM
try looking at university surplus, they usually have thousonds of bikes and auction them by the pallet load. you could make it a 50 speed with a pallet of bikes.

maybe they'll sell one or two. also, there's alway rusty old broken down bikes on campus. just take ya some bolt cutters and go shopping.

jerryg79
06-23-2004, 12:04 AM
try looking at university surplus, they usually have thousonds of bikes and auction them by the pallet load. you could make it a 50 speed with a pallet of bikes.

maybe they'll sell one or two. also, there's alway rusty old broken down bikes on campus. just take ya some bolt cutters and go shopping.

Turns out that we have to buy special chain.....bike chain has a different "pitch" (learned that word today) then the chain we need. Found a kickass website that we will probably get most of our **** off of....we still need a front brake off of a bike though.

Sure you can get a dwi on it, but you know what you can get one for sitting in your truck drunk, and you can get a PI when the officer asks you to step out of a truck and you are drunk, even if you weren't driving.

SO enough of the technicalities and give me my parts!

Shaggy
06-23-2004, 01:30 AM

i think it kicks ass

robertf03
06-23-2004, 10:22 AM
i think it kicks ass

quiet you, I'm trying to draw Jimmy off topic :flipoff2:

but it does top check your head as the worst one they've done so far.

Graystroke
06-23-2004, 12:33 PM
hey jimmy, does a human head weigh around eight lbs? curious..

jerryg79
06-23-2004, 12:56 PM
hey jimmy, does a human head weigh around eight lbs? curious..

Hey grayson, isnt that you're mom calling you? I think she said something about you new AARP magazine had just arrived, either that or come take your metamucil. Now shut up and go whack it with your lame ass dirt bike :flipoff2:

BMFScout
06-23-2004, 04:21 PM

quit snaking my thread asschode.
people said Paul's Boutique sucked when it came out too, but it is my favorite. So flem go "put a quarter in your ass 'cause you played yourself" or something...

uglyota
06-24-2004, 01:21 PM
I've got a ****ton of bike parts. I've got your front brake. I'll try and dig one out this afternoon. Probably have shifters, brake levers, etc. Gotta have a water bottle (er, beverage) cage.
Check your head rocked :flipoff2:

jerryg79
06-24-2004, 01:39 PM
I've got a ****ton of bike parts. I've got your front brake. I'll try and dig one out this afternoon. Probably have shifters, brake levers, etc. Gotta have a water bottle (er, beverage) cage.
Check your head rocked :flipoff2:

YOu rule, me or jimmy will be in contact tonight!

JB
06-27-2004, 08:30 PM
I jsut moved and we are throwing away a crappy ass wall mart moutain bike. It is in front of the garage at 2712 jennifer off deacon. Tuesday it gets picked up for trash. You are welcome to it.