PDA

View Full Version : Cline Ranch

jmancuso
06-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Who up for the Cline Ranch, wheeling for the 4th July?

stinger7401
06-27-2004, 11:51 PM
I am, where is it?????

bburris
06-28-2004, 12:01 AM
It's in San Antonio, around Helotes I think.

www.clineranch.com

jmancuso
06-28-2004, 05:59 AM
That's the one, must be in the Conlees back yard

uglyota
06-28-2004, 03:59 PM
details?
Edit: are you just trying to get a group together, or are you going with another group? Is there an event?

Shaggy
06-28-2004, 05:25 PM
im off i dont have a rig but would love to check the place out

jmancuso
06-28-2004, 07:30 PM
I hope to meet a friend from San Antonio there, but the more the merrier. To the best of my knowledge there is no event planned for the weekend of the fourth.

stinger7401
06-29-2004, 12:31 AM
holy cow, how do i not know about this?????? Mancuso if you come in count me there, ill be wheeling.

jmancuso
06-29-2004, 06:14 AM
Looks like the Midnight Four Wheelers from San Antonio will be there, with the boys from Mexico and their buggies. Oh and Vernon and Jimmy will be there too!

uglyota
06-29-2004, 11:00 AM
lookin better...
staying both days, or just saturday?
I could probably make one.

jmancuso
06-29-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm planning on all day Saturday and half day Sunday
go here for some pics
http://www.texas4x4.org/gallery/Cline-Ranch

Matt Conlee
06-29-2004, 06:13 PM
maybe we could go by Tim Duncans house i hear its around the Helotes area also. Helotes isnt to far from my house but its not my backyard if any of yall have every been to Floors country store then you know where Helotes is

redcagepatrol
06-29-2004, 10:43 PM
If I didn't have to "upgrade" the house I think that it would be a good trip to make sure everything is still working good for the Colorado trip...
:D

stinger7401
06-29-2004, 11:10 PM
c'mon scotty you know you want to come, we could go by floores afterwards or Hills and Dales, you know yall want to come....

stinger7401
06-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Is Keelan commin?? He better be

And its actually closer to bandera so that could make for a sweet night

william_ace
06-29-2004, 11:46 PM
what kinda wheelin is out there? i dont have a rig but i know my buddy would want to go.

redrod
06-30-2004, 09:28 PM
I thought that old San Antone washed away!!?

what time are we leaving,
where are we leaving from,
who's got the rita mix?

Yes Nick, I(we) are going.

stinger7401
06-30-2004, 11:24 PM
well ill be damn ready and im thinkin either Bandera Tx. bars or just stoppin by John T. Floores on the way home

jmancuso
07-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Here is a write up from the Midnight Off Road guys, and a link for some Pics

6 AM arrived. Loaded the gear into the Jeep, then we helped setup the registration table and hungup some banners @ the gate. Sillygirl, Mouse & Adam assisted in getting the welcome kits prepared and with helped with registration.

8:30 AM went across the creek and unloaded the jeep and took the top off, visited with all the folks. Checked out all the rigs that I had not seen before, I really like the Sniper, wish I could afford one. One day when I have my own shop I'd like to try and build one.

10:30 AM time to go wheelin.. Got all the rigs lined up (22+) and took pictures, River Rat led the way 1st thru the money pit, then onto Bloody Leg. Next up was Rainbow Rock. Bubba broke an axle here, and a CJ5 had problems with his clutch. everybody else either bypassed the exit or made it thru. Next is the midnight run, it went well until we got to the last section. We ( Midnight Fourwheelers ) had left this trail virgin for the Anniversary run. River Rat was first up and he kept getting into the rock on the driver side with his cage. After lots of jockying around and discussion on which line is best, got some rocks under his left frt tire and he was able to get up the ledge and around the turn. next up was Python in his K5. Python made the turn with a bent fender, broken mirror, and crushed 1\4. As his right rear tire was coming up he popped the bead and had to be winched up the hill. Chris in his CJ5 was next. he made the turn gassed it and he was thru. Sniper and the other buggy were next Followed by Lynn in her YJ, they all just went right thru with no problem. Bobby was trying to exit to Midnight Run by now and he would get to the first ledge and loose forward momentum. after a few tries he backed out of the way and let the CJ5 have a go. Chris made a try, hit the ledge and stopped. backed down, looked at it, and tried a diff line, same thing, backed down looked at it again, tried the middle and hammered it, still no, his v-belt came off, so he stopped and put the belt back on. then he tried it again, he rolled forward, hammered it, hit the ledge and his front end went up up up kinda paused then he flipped over backward. His son was riding with him and was wearing his seat-belt, Chris was not, We got his son out of the belt and out of the jeep, Chris was laying on his back in pain. We called 911 and tried to keep Chris shaded and cool while we waited on EMS to arrive. took approx 30 minutes for the EMS to arrive and considering where we were, that was pretty good response time I think. I headed back to camp with Sillygirl and Mouse when the paramedic's left. dropped off my girls and took some guys back out to the trail. They had gotten the Jeep out, and Sniper had made the climb and got to name it El Bicho (spanish for The Bug) The other buggy broke a rear axle trying and had to be winched out as did everybody else. This trail is NOT for the faint-hearted.

We had a group from Texas A&M Off-road showup and do some wheeling as well.. I think there were 5 or 6 rigs with them. Jimmy and guys, Was great to have you there, sorry we did not get to visit more, and to those of you I did not get to meet, hurry back and lets Rock the Ranch again.

6 PM Once we got everybody out of The midnight run we headed back to camp and had dinner, then had a horseshoe tourney.

9 PM we had the raffle and recognition ceremony. Lots of fine prizes given away by our sponsors.

12 AM Six of us went out for a pre-approved night run. I ripped the sidewalls out of both tires on the drivers side, Bubba had some starter problems and a rear spring hanger seperate from the frame.

3:30 AM time to go to bed.

8 AM snoring

9 AM snoring

9:30 am, time for breakfast and rehash of yesterdays events...

9:45 AM Ranchman called Brutal offroad who had a used set of 33's, So Mark and I drove up to Brutal Offroad where he mounted and balanced the tires and got me back on the Trail... Thanks James :-) ( P.S. James, you gotta go wheel your XJ with us )

11:30 AM Blind mans course. where the driver is blind-folded and his spotter is the one who makes all the difference, now FYI my loving wife has difficulty with left and right... But I still love her.
Hellcat, Bowties wife won the Blindmans course.. Way to Go HellCat!!

After the Blind Mans course was finished we had lunch and then started the packing for the trip home for those who had to leave. We stayed until 8 pm or so and had one last run thru the trails.. Ranchman, Mike, Jake, Mouse, Sillygirl and yours truly all did the Money Pit, Bloody Leg, Rainbow Run, and the first section of the Midnight Run.. Kudos to Mike in his unlocked K5 making the exit out of the Rainbow run, unassisted and looked easy... and me I just bypassed it. Ranchman wheeled his Zuki for the first time and did very well on all the trails.. He will post the pictures of this last run soon I hope.

The weekend was a great Success for everyone with the exception of Chris's backflip in his CJ5. He is however just bruised on his lower back and will be wheeling again very soon. His jeep needs a radiator.. but other than that I think it is still in good shape, AFAIK Chris is not a member on Texas4x4.org yet, so if any of you know him give or email him this link.

Thanks to all of our Sponsors

Hi-lift
Super lift Suspensions
Anthony's Planet Pickup
Clear Channel
Gear Guy
K5 Crawler.com
AutoXtras
Matco Tools
Brutal Off-Road
SkyJacker
Four Wheel Parts
Cline Ranch
Mud Drags of San Antonio
NU Prints
Ancira
Warn
BDS Suspensions
The Shop Off-Road
Texas Pro
Auto Truck & SUV Accessories
Snap-On Tools
Northwest Automotive Warehouse
DRL Advertising
Alamo Performance
K&N Filters

A Big Thank you to Juan for staying at camp and cooking all day, To members for the dishes they prepared, .. the dinner was fantastic.

A HUGE thank you to River Rat and all of the Midnight Fourwheelers in such a well oganized event.

Another HUGE thank you to Ranchman ( Dan ) for opening up the Cline Ranch and giving us all a great place to wheel.

Last but not in any way least... Thanks to everyone who came and saw and wheeled.. Without all the Midnighters, and our Family & Friends this event would not have been what is was. thanks Everyone

http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/members/album128