PDA

View Full Version : Land Access Speech

FTAco07
06-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Do any of ya'll have or know of any good articles or anything published about land access and or off road vehicle use. I'm doing a speech tomorrow refuting the argument that Off roading is bad ans should be more regulated/done away with. Thanks for any help

Graystroke
06-28-2004, 07:29 PM
try the blue ribbon coalition website and look around on POR. There's lots of links to websites.

Ingenloff
06-28-2004, 08:03 PM
Do any of ya'll have or know of any good articles or anything published about land access and or off road vehicle use. I'm doing a speech tomorrow refuting the argument that Off roading is bad ans should be more regulated/done away with. Thanks for any help

Good luck with that....I tried writing a paper on something like that and finding reliable/acceptable sources that say that ORV usage is not harmful are few and far between since most research out there is to hellbent to prove that it is harmful. Basically what you have to do is emphasize the fact that it's no more harmful than the overgrazing of a pasture or riparian area (which is all too common, esp. in Texas) and that most formal organizations attempt to practice "Tread Lightly" and so on and so forth.

BTW, a search for "tread lightly" will bring up a few decent results, too.

FTAco07
06-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Yeah i only need 5 sources and i have found one from tread lightly and one from blue ribbon that i can make work. I have found i am going to have to use my academic sources to get quotes from the opposition and just refute thier ideas.

TxCruzr
06-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Not sure if there is anything usefull here... (http://katemcyrocks.com/mason_lrap/index.html)
Shain Chapman at Katemcy Rocks wrote it up. Might be able to talk to him and get some stuff to...not sure.

Joseph