PDA

View Full Version : Timing

Chadnutz
07-13-2002, 03:17 PM
Does anyone have a timing light. I put the mazda back together today but it didn't run very well so messed with the timing and it won't run at all now.

I put the mark at T on the main pulley.
#1 piston is up.
Pointed distributor towards #! spark plug wire.

Won't run and it back fires.

Chadnutz
07-13-2002, 03:57 PM
It was 180 degrees off. It runs now, but it seems like air wants to get sucked into the exhaust pipe, like if I put a paper towel at the exhaust pipe it pops back and forth. It is also blowing white smoke which can't be good. It doesn't blow much at idle, but when I step on the gas it blows more than it should. Any ideas?

StevenAg03
07-13-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Chadnutz
It was 180 degrees off. It runs now, but it seems like air wants to get sucked into the exhaust pipe, like if I put a paper towel at the exhaust pipe it pops back and forth. It is also blowing white smoke which can't be good. It doesn't blow much at idle, but when I step on the gas it blows more than it should. Any ideas?

the valve seals are fawked....if you put a dollar up to the exhaust pipe and it trys to pull the dollar back into the pipe, then the valve seals are trash.....looks like your in need of another head...

Chadnutz
07-14-2002, 03:20 PM
Seems like it is getting better the more I drive it. Has anyone ever bought remanufactured heads and noticed a difference in the beginning? It had some white greasy stuff on the rockers when I put it on. It could have been smoking and getting sucked through the PCV valve and into the cylinders. I not a genious on cars, just a guess...

Fredo
07-15-2002, 02:43 AM
The white stuff is assembly lube...white lithium grease.