PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Locking Hubs for Straight Axle

8Runner
07-22-2004, 07:25 PM
I need a pair, one to give to nutz since he already lent me one and one as a spare. It would be great to find them before the CO trip. If anyone knows of a good web source I would appriciate it. Marlin is out.

Chadnutz
07-22-2004, 07:56 PM
Oh hell, I just asked you when you were going to get me one in some other forum. Now I see this.... :gigem:

bburris
07-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Does Warn not make them? O'Reilly carries warn if they make them...

J Cooper
07-22-2004, 08:31 PM
doesnt warn make ****ty toyota hubs?
maybe thats why

CRaSHnBuRN
07-22-2004, 09:37 PM
I may have a set, what are they worth to you?

8Runner
07-23-2004, 10:20 AM
I may have a set, what are they worth to you?

How about $60? Marlin wanted $75 for ones that he refurbed and come with a warranty, though I have to wait a few weeks to get them.

CRaSHnBuRN
07-23-2004, 12:20 PM
well I take that back, as I couldn't find them when I went home today. if i find them in the next few weeks, I'll let you know

8Runner
07-23-2004, 01:06 PM
well I take that back, as I couldn't find them when I went home today. if i find them in the next few weeks, I'll let you know

Ok, I really need them by tuesday, but I may just cross my fingers and hope for the best as I don't want to pay $100+ expedited shipping at the one place I found them (So Cal Mini Trucks)

uglyota
07-23-2004, 03:02 PM
I can send you to a junkyard in CO (about an hour out of your way) where you can get all you want to pull.
Or call the Yotayard in denver (should be in whitepages.com) and they'll have some ready for you.
Yes warns for Yotas suck...they eliminate the cone washers so the nuts loosen and they break.

8Runner
07-23-2004, 03:27 PM
SWEET! Good call Uglyota. My friend in Denver that is meeting up with us next week can likely pick me up some from Yota yard. I just called and they have about 20 of them ready to go for only $25 each! Anybody else want me to bring some back? I am going to go ahead and pick up 2 spares for myself as well as 1 that I owe Chadnutz. I need to know this weekend so I can let my friend know how many to get.

usmcagg02
07-23-2004, 04:04 PM
since they are soo much cheaper than what you were expectin to pay why not just get two sets of spares rather than just two spares...never know when you are gonna be able to get out there to get them at that price again. just my .02

8Runner
07-23-2004, 04:20 PM
since they are soo much cheaper than what you were expectin to pay why not just get two sets of spares rather than just two spares...never know when you are gonna be able to get out there to get them at that price again. just my .02

I was originally planning on getting just one spare, so now I can get two. I have to pinch a few penny's right now though because of the other unexpected expenses I am incurring for this trip. On the other hand, if we get enough people that want them, maybe they'll do $20 a pop.

uglyota
07-23-2004, 05:42 PM
SWEET! Good call Uglyota. My friend in Denver that is meeting up with us next week can likely pick me up some from Yota yard. I just called and they have about 20 of them ready to go for only $25 each! Anybody else want me to bring some back? I am going to go ahead and pick up 2 spares for myself as well as 1 that I owe Chadnutz. I need to know this weekend so I can let my friend know how many to get.
No thanks, I'll just make sure not to break anything unless you're there :D

PS you can call me Eric ;)

uglyota
07-23-2004, 05:44 PM
because he'll probably never blow 2 toyota hubs...they're not like the chevy/jeep/ford stuff

CRaSHnBuRN
07-26-2004, 05:42 PM
yeah, if you run stock aisin hubs, breakage is ofter minimal. Now if the yard has a bunch of inner axleshafts, those are better to have as a spare if you're running upgraded birfs