PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help w/ the 4runner today.

8Runner
07-25-2004, 11:03 AM
I need some help with the 4runner getting a few more minor things ready and then testing out the new cooling system. I am just hooking up the new CB, putting the lights back on and then I need to find a field or something to go drive around in in 4low to see how the engine & 4wd does in the heat of the day.

Also, pending talking to James, I may go down to Anderson to pick up his trailer. I'd like someone to ride with me in case I need help moving it or testing out the brakes.

8Runner
07-25-2004, 12:54 PM
I am heading down to Anderson around 3ish if anyone wants to join me.

uglyota
07-26-2004, 10:13 AM
problems solved?

8Runner
07-26-2004, 10:39 AM
No, they are actually worse. Somewhere between Brandon's and Lance's the bottom fan quit working. Hopefully it is salvageable. I also had to jump it twice so there may be a charging problem. Maybe the batteries were just really dead, so I have it on a charger today and will stick a voltmeter on it tonight. I'll be working on these problems and packing bearings on the trailer tonight at Lance's shop if anyone wants to help.

8Runner
07-27-2004, 01:37 AM
Well, I got almost everything done tonight. Just got home. Thanks to Cooper & Eric for giving me a hand. I ended up breaking on eof the blades on my brand new fan, so I am glad to hear it is going to be cold in CO. I am still haveing some trailer brake problems, but Lance is going to mess with the wiring tomorrow.

uglyota
07-27-2004, 11:15 AM
forgot to mention last night...you really should coat and/or wrap your headers...get that heat out
Have a great trip!

8Runner
07-27-2004, 11:27 AM
forgot to mention last night...you really should coat and/or wrap your headers...get that heat out
Have a great trip!

It voids the header warranty if I do. They are already ceramic coated and a further wrap will supposedly wear it down.

mark
07-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Don't forget. Bring plenty of Brifields.

-Mark

8Runner
07-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Don't forget. Bring plenty of Brifields.

-Mark

I have one spare traded as part of my selling my BFG's to Cooper. I decided not to get another from yotayard since I am planning on getting longfields soon. If I break two then oh well.... I did go ahead and order some inner shafts at scott's suggestion and my friend Ben is picking them up along with the hubs in Denver and will be meeting us thursday AM.

uglyota
07-27-2004, 02:02 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think you're gonna blow inners with stock birfs

8Runner
07-27-2004, 03:32 PM
You're probably right. These are for later when I get the longfields. They were only $25 ea and since my friend is going to be there....