PDA

View Full Version : chris feller safety program

J Cooper
07-25-2004, 11:29 PM
pics of his truck weve been working on.... progress as of sat...

J Cooper
07-25-2004, 11:31 PM
more

uglyota
07-26-2004, 10:08 AM
Now it's got wings!
(Chris I need you to bring the key by and drop it in the mailbox sometime today so I can turn the wheel to get it in the backyard.)

Chadnutz
07-26-2004, 12:13 PM
When are we going to squeeze mine into the queue? :gigem:

uglyota
07-26-2004, 12:38 PM
When are we going to squeeze mine into the queue? :gigem:
Oh, did you spend the weekend helping us, Lissa, Brandon, Chris Scotti, or Austin? I don't remember seeing you...

CRaSHnBuRN
07-26-2004, 12:49 PM
damn, forgot about the keys. You gonna be around after 6? If not I'll just drop them off

uglyota
07-26-2004, 01:11 PM
going for a bike ride (really!)...just drop it off.

eight
07-26-2004, 03:05 PM
If yall've got all that stuff just tacked in place I can weld it friday, or probably saturday or sunday.

Chadnutz
07-26-2004, 03:12 PM
I was out of town the last 2 weekends. I'll be here this weekend.

uglyota
07-26-2004, 04:51 PM
If yall've got all that stuff just tacked in place I can weld it friday, or probably saturday or sunday.
friday afternoon would kick arse.
nutz, don't quote me, but I think the work this weekend is gonna go down at club 218.
:cheers:

eight
07-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Well Friday afternoon is good. I get out of class at 11:35.

CRaSHnBuRN
07-26-2004, 05:09 PM
friday afternoon would kick arse.
nutz, don't quote me, but I think the work this weekend is gonna go down at club 218.
:cheers:

And I just dropped a class, so I'll bring it by in a little while. I'm free friday to weld if its cool with you ugly. I'll also come by and help coop out this weekend. Gotta work graveyards, but I'll be there in the afternoons, so if anyone needs any help the next few weeks, give me a call

BTW austin, sorry I couldn't get out there to help you faster, but they made me jump through a bunch of hoops to drop that class

CRaSHnBuRN
07-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Also, I'm begining to think I need a sticker saying "built by keystone" for this thing

J Cooper
07-30-2004, 09:29 PM
friday work... pretty much done :beer:

J Cooper
07-30-2004, 09:32 PM
more

CRaSHnBuRN
07-31-2004, 06:54 AM
the pics don't really do the thing justice either. I can't wait to get it home, repaint it, rewire it, and get it running again. Thanks everyone for their help.

BTW, nice pic of john grabbin his nutz :laughing:

uglyota
08-02-2004, 03:57 AM
I think she turned out pretty good!
it's red, with some...rust...coloration....

stx4wheeler
08-02-2004, 04:28 AM
looking good guys all i know is all of you are making way to much progress to quickly, i think you need a bronco to work on.

uglyota
08-02-2004, 05:00 AM
the mazda seems to be pretty good at halting progress...

davido
08-03-2004, 03:17 AM
Holy hell, that thing looks freakin' cool. I don't think I've ever seen this one. Between it and the two at the house behind JJs, there are all kinds of Toy projects going on. I'd like to see this one also.

uglyota
08-03-2004, 04:49 AM
come by my house and check it out...it's in the backyard.
If there's a white car in the driveway, knock on the door and walk right in and grab a beer out of the fridge while introducing yourself as "it's okay, I'm eric's friend"
Just kidding...not such a good idea for friends to be there when I'm not, and the landlord didn't like it displayed in the driveway.
Thanks for the props, though...Chris' design, we were just there for the :beer: (and I'm the only one willing to drill holes in my driveway)

CRaSHnBuRN
08-04-2004, 05:02 AM
well the truck is back at my parents house. I mounted the winch, radiator, and started putting the seats back in last night. gonna work on her some more this afternoon. I still think we did pretty good for our first time bending. Now I want to find a Bender (the robot from futurama) doll holding a beer or something to strap to the front of the stinger.

BTW eric, did you see any third gen trucks with a tilt column when you were junkyard hopping? Its not bad, but I had to raise the seats a little to clear the cage, so it would make it easier to get in and steer if I had tilt.

uglyota
08-04-2004, 05:16 AM
Wasn't looking for it, but I bet the 4gunner there had one.
I have picked up a few on Ebay for $50 shipped

CRaSHnBuRN
08-06-2004, 09:40 PM
hey ugly, what size were those nuts you used to beef up the steering stops again?

uglyota
08-08-2004, 03:46 PM
5/8-13 maybe?
Grade 8 :D

I think it's in the pirate toy faq

CRaSHnBuRN
08-30-2004, 03:19 PM
well I have all the stuff to do my hydro assist, so hopefully I can get this thing finished over the labor day weekend. Gotta tap my steering box, build the mounts for the ram, weld on my tire carrier, front shock mounts, and a few gussets, and I'm good to go, well other than the fact the ***** still doesn't want to start

CRaSHnBuRN
11-28-2004, 10:42 PM
well, today I did a bad thing. The toy is gone. It hurt to see it go, but sometimes you just need a change. It seemed like I never got a chance to work on it anymore, and I haven't wheeled in forever. It just seemed like a never ending cycle, and with the engine giving me problems now that I was so close to the finish, I just wanted to bang my head into the wall. But now i have a new toy to play with, so hopefully things will be better now, and I might actually get to wheel

J Cooper
11-28-2004, 10:46 PM
gave up so easy... man i even got the ugly charlie truck running... even with the wiring harnessthat you gave me that was cut up to **** and missing half the stuff ...aka main ciruit relays and such :flipoff2:

if that thing can run, anything can.... but good luck on the new project...

...what is it?????????????

eight
11-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Get this one

http://www.lonestar4x4.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3995

CRaSHnBuRN
11-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Get this one

http://www.lonestar4x4.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3995

haha, its already sitting at the house. Gotta do some small things to it, like mount the winch and stuff. As for the old one, it was just time to change. I shoulda just built a buggy. They're were alot of little things that I didn't like, and new problems kept coming up. Me and a friend of mine (a professional mechanic) worked on the engine for a long time, and it still didn't want to run, and we had basically run out of ideas short of pulling the entire thing apart, and checking everything. The new buggy is a blast to drive, and it means I'll actually get to wheel some over the holidays. As for charlie's wiring harness, I knew it was stripped. It was basically complete when i got it, but then the PO called and asked if he could come out and grab one relay for something that wasn't really needed unless you had a 4runner. Well I was busy, so I let him go to where the truck was and get it himself. Instead, he stripped everything he could get off it without my dad noticing. After that I never could get a hold of him again. I still want to kick him in his head

davido
11-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Congrats. Cool rig too. Probably a real smart choice.

eight
11-29-2004, 09:36 AM
So it will be in Clayton?

uglyota
11-29-2004, 11:45 AM
...well other than the fact the ***** still doesn't want to start
remember kids, don't cut more than a few wires at a time (not 20 :flipoff2: ), and label carefully! ;)
sweet rig chris

CRaSHnBuRN
11-29-2004, 02:16 PM
hell yeah, it took us like an hour just to get the wiring order back, and that was with a wiring diagram (albiet a pretty ****ty one, but the best I could find). I still love the look on your face when I went, uh, eric, why did you cut this off like that? And no, it won't be going to clayton. I had that weekend off, but because of finals swapped it out. know if something for some wierd reason changes, than maybe so but that week is really wierd with finals and my birthday. Now if we make a trip after christmas, I'll try to make it.

BTW, any one have a plasma cutter. I want to chop up my old winch plate (1/2 steel) to make a mount on the buggy.

uglyota
11-29-2004, 02:22 PM
...I still love the look on your face when I went, uh, eric, why did you cut this off like that?
I was actually referring to the 2" dia bundle under the dash...you're talking about 6 wires on the ignition module; a quick ebay replacement

CRaSHnBuRN
11-29-2004, 03:49 PM
which bundle was that? There was a chunk of an old harness there, but that was just some trash that was that I didn't feel like taking the dash apart to get to.

uglyota
11-29-2004, 04:00 PM
yeah, that one...those wires include the main circuit open relay (which gave us so much trouble on the charlie truck), along with who knows what else

J Cooper
11-29-2004, 04:04 PM
... yeah.. if you have another harness out of another truck (non SR5) that isnt cut up and missing ****, or know where to find one i would be willing to buy it. tired of trying to ghetto rig the main relays.

CRaSHnBuRN
11-29-2004, 04:52 PM
the wires I had in the cab I swapped in were allready cut all to hell. That was just the last little bit that was left. The harness in the cab was also to a V6, so it wasn't any good. As for the runner harness, thats how i pulled it out of the vehicle. Like I said, the guy came back for one little relay, and ****ed me over by cutting everything he could out of it. I didn't know the wiring was as bad as you'll say it is, but I gave you what I had. I told you both I could not make a gaurentee on this engine, and was just doing my best to make good on the rusted out 22r. I don't know where to find a harness, but maybe check pirate of toyota heaven in dallas.

uglyota
11-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Chris I don't think anyone feels shafted, I told you that you had done more than enough to make good on all of our trades
we do get a laugh every once in a while about your harness disconnecting skillz though ;)
:flipoff2:
so what exactly did you keep from the safety truck and put on this buggy?
hydro? Super cases?
has it's cage been tested...yet? :D

CRaSHnBuRN
11-29-2004, 05:39 PM
longfields, winch, and some other small things. Supposed to get another spare driveshaft, and a IFS rear axle. Its from a turboed runner with an auto, so who knows what kinda carrier and gearing it'll have. I should also get another ram, and i'm keeping the one I have. It has dual cases, and quite frankly thats enough, especially with the propane. I can't wait to get her ready to go. Its a blast to drive, and no, it hasn't been rolled yet, jsut some small scratches in the paint.

And speaking of paint, what colors should I paint it? Seriously. I'm thinking either completly black, or maybe flat black and flat tan. Any other suggestions?

uglyota
11-29-2004, 06:06 PM
as I see it, you have a few options:
http://rustoleum.com/product.asp?frm_product_id=18&SBL=1

agjohn02
11-29-2004, 06:36 PM
im kinda partial to sunburst yellow myself

jerryg79
11-29-2004, 06:53 PM
im kinda partial to sunburst yellow myself

"she's terribly partial to the periwinkle blue"

CRaSHnBuRN
11-29-2004, 08:01 PM
no red, orange, pink, white, and especially no yellow.

bburris
11-29-2004, 09:53 PM
you didn't list it as a no, so I say purple

-pimp-

eight
11-29-2004, 11:38 PM
dark clear would be nice.

agjohn02
11-30-2004, 12:04 AM
no red, orange, pink, white, and especially no yellow.

dude, im tellin' ya, chicks dig it!

redcagepatrol
11-30-2004, 12:27 AM
Nice new ride. Can't wait to see it on the trail. Didn't he just get finished building that? He can't have very many runs on it :gigem: Good job :beer:

CRaSHnBuRN
11-30-2004, 07:16 AM
yeah, he had like three runs on it. Thing is he's quitting is current job on Dec. 20th, and with the new job there won't be room or money to keep the buggy and a tow rig, so he picked up a 4runner he wants to build but keep as a DD, hence why he wanted parts from my truck. He figured he could just part the buggy out, but thought he would get more for it complete. I think I'm gonna really like it. My only big problem with it right now is not much headroom, but I'm gonna reroute one bar, or put a bend in it, and that should solve it.

And the reason I didn't say no to purple is cause that is a possibility, but its gotta be a dark purple, with plenty of black mixed in on other parts