PDA

View Full Version : trannny leaking?

cntryboy1865
08-02-2004, 04:43 PM
my transmission is leaking out of the pan, and I can't seem to get it to stop. I bought a new seal and filter put all of that on tightened everything down filled it with fluid and it lasted a day or so then started pukeing transmission fluid again. it had a cork gasket on it, and the replacement kit came with a rubber one. Could this be problem? are there any things to do when I change the gasket again to get it to stop leaking. It is a 92 yj with an automatic.

uglyota
08-03-2004, 05:06 AM
is the pan or sealing surface bent?
did you use any kind of sealer (ie permatex)?

BigRedFord04
08-03-2004, 08:52 AM
nix is having a similar problem w/ his transmission now. once he got the intermediate housing to start leaking, it blew out the pan gasket. i've heard from a few different people that its b.c. the transmission is building too much pressure, possibly b.c. of a clogged breather line. good luck. if all else fails swap in a manual. :gigem:

cntryboy1865
08-03-2004, 08:51 PM
it says not to use permatex or any kind of gasket material, cause it could get into the tranny. I don't think that the surface is bent, I am going to try a cork gasket instead of the rubber one and see if that fixes it. If that does not work then I will probably take it to a tranny place.