PDA

View Full Version : LT1 question for Fredo

agjohn02
08-28-2004, 11:29 PM
i read somewhere that you are not supposed to move the engine or opti-spark while the dist is off the engine. seems to me it wouldnt matter because the shaft between the two is splined so that it wont go together out-of-sync. just wondering because ive moved em both. if the shaft will only go in one way then you cant put it together wrong, correct?

fyi: i also read somewhere that vatozone now has complete remanned opti's for $130 or so with a lifetime guarantee. just in case. i bet a guy could take his non-vented in there and swap it for a vented one and they'd never know the difference.

Fredo
08-29-2004, 02:38 AM
that thing about the opti being moved doesn't matter...as long as the cam and the crank aren't moved out of sync. The opti only goes on one way.

Also, about your opti's from Vatozone......have you SEEN the electrical parts that they carry?? I wouldn't trust a reman opti from them to get me a block before it started crapping out.

AgDieseler
08-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Ditto on the sentiment that Wells sucks. My roommate made the mistake of getting a coil for his F150 - solid state ignition. Out of the box they didn't spec out, and he ended up going with Motorcraft. Then everything was okay.

agjohn02
08-29-2004, 06:57 PM
have you SEEN the electrical parts that they carry?? I wouldn't trust a reman opti from them to get me a block before it started crapping out.

thats why i said just in case. if your broke and broke down, its an option.

BMFScout
08-30-2004, 09:21 PM
let's say hypothetically speaking you were broke down on the side of the road in oh i don't know, let's go with Lake Charles, LA. I bet you would put vautozone on your car then...:)

agjohn02
08-30-2004, 09:31 PM
let's say hypothetically speaking you were broke down on the side of the road in oh i don't know, let's go with Lake Charles, LA. I bet you would put vautozone on your car then...:)

didn't the hot rod power tour go through lake charles last year?

hey, anybody see a vatozone back there? :flipoff2:

Fredo
08-31-2004, 12:28 AM
hey, a radiator isn't an electrical component last time I checked.....hmm...odd how I didn't knock their radiators in my previous post. :)