PDA

View Full Version : Alto

stinger7401
09-07-2004, 10:57 AM
Alright kiddos, the Alto trip is coming up this sunday!!! If you think you might want to go you need to come and sign up at the meeting and make sure that the Safety officer (Frick) gets your information (S.S. # and emergency contact) YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRAVEL WITH US IF WE DON'T HAVE THEM!!!

Also if you are a new member you need to see the safety video before you can attend a trip. Stay posted for details for this.

Busa
09-07-2004, 11:23 AM
I still have never seen that video. Nick you thank I need to?

Mack84
09-07-2004, 12:19 PM
I would like ot go but i need a ride. SO who is willing to let me tag along??

stinger7401
09-07-2004, 02:29 PM
I still have never seen that video. Nick you thank I need to?

I don't see how you've been wheeling all these years without seeing it?? Its the golden key to proper wheeling :gigem:

I would like ot go but i need a ride. SO who is willing to let me tag along???

There should be plenty of seats, Im not taking my rig but I will be driving out there with a fresh supply of tools and good times..

usmcagg02
09-07-2004, 05:59 PM
i havent been before but am interested in goin. where is it? how tough are the trails? can i make it in my truck?

bburris
09-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Stay out of the mud and you'll be fine.

To the administration: Keep the newbies out of the mud. I think the lessons learned after most every trip to Shiloh should be taken in to account. It makes for a pretty crappy day if you mess something up as soon as you get there or when your DD breaks down on the way home and someone has to come pick you up from the middle of nowhere half-drunk at 3AM.

Make sure everyone is very well warned about how bad the "little" puddles of red clay are in Alto and if possible keep everyone in a group to watch the rednecks screw their vehicles up before they try anything without knowing the depth of an unknown mud hole.

Some guys went to Ram Jam this past weekend and almost every vehicle I know anything about came back injured. A guy in WFO has a Dodge on 40s and he buried himself in a normal looking puddle and muddy ****water was seeping in the cab of the truck. That's a pretty damned deep hole...

usmcagg02
09-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Stay out of the mud and you'll be fine.

dont know if i can do that....i'll just follow someone else through :flipoff2:

StevenAg03
09-07-2004, 06:19 PM
lets see if we can recount the damage from the inagural TAMOR Alto trip.

Lynda's YJ - Alt. dont know what else

Brandee's TJ 0- Alt

Brett's TJ - Motor

Kawasaki's Wagoneer - blew the starter into about a hundred pieces

Shoeless Joes Blazer - blew up the 10 bolt

Jason Merek's TJ - i think it took out an axleshaft there

Steve Luchack's Sammy - burned up a clutch

Anyone else think of anything?

crawlingno5
09-07-2004, 06:39 PM
didnt that one guy with the blue z71 burned up something b/c he kept revving his engine to get the ac colder?

crawlingno5
09-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Keep the newbies out of the mud.

BOOOOOOOOOOO.. theres cheap entertainment in that..

StevenAg03
09-07-2004, 07:44 PM
didnt that one guy with the blue z71 burned up something b/c he kept revving his engine to get the ac colder?

Blue Z71? you mean Aaron Weldon? his was teal and it was auto....but if i remember correctly his had some kind of damage and had to have it towed back by some girl that was ran off by a former member of this club (HUHHUH...I GHAT LOCKA....HUHHUH). on the way back something happened and her truck ran off into the ditch fawking both of them up.

Shaggy
09-07-2004, 09:05 PM
i burnt my clutch up in my isuzu there and blew the brand new engine and broke the frame of the bronco there... i have always driven there and trailored back... stay away from the mud

crawlingno5
09-07-2004, 09:17 PM
teal blue, whatever.. same thing.. i also bent an exhaust tip :(

Mud King
09-07-2004, 09:53 PM
STAY CLEAR OF ANYTHING THAT RESEMBLES MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got water in motor, burnt up fan clutch, ruined first centerforce, seized a starter, totally roasted the radiator, broke one of the plugs off in the block drove home on five cylinders, oh yeah and the winch drinked up a whole bunch of water, had to break it all apart and repack it with grease! What a great trip!!!!

Violentv8toy
09-07-2004, 09:57 PM
chevy cv.

the mud is ok, just stay out of the pooled water. just stay out of the pooled water. just stay out of the pooled water. And stay out of the pooled water.

but if you do venture into the water, go get a camera.

Mud King
09-07-2004, 10:15 PM
So true, so true!

bburris
09-07-2004, 11:42 PM
yeah...I think you know best about not putting your DD in the first hole you see out there...

:D

redcagepatrol
09-08-2004, 08:15 AM
I wasted my rear driveshaft on that trip - ended up pulling Lynda home on the front driveshaft - with a strap - in the dark...

I hate mud, well not really, it's fun to play in, just not fun fixing everything afterwords.

Have fun, I think we will sit this one out and look at pics... :flipoff2:

uglyota
09-08-2004, 09:00 AM
chevy cv.

the mud is ok, just stay out of the pooled water. just stay out of the pooled water. just stay out of the pooled water. And stay out of the pooled water.

but if you do venture into the water, go get a camera.
and don't listen to your buddy's little sister when she says "you can make it, just get some momentum first!"
http://www.tamor.org/members-rigs/albums/Shiloh-Ridge/mario.jpg

usmcagg02
09-08-2004, 09:07 AM
sounds like fun.....i'm in!

Shaggy
09-08-2004, 10:52 AM
here are a couple pics of the fun there
me in the bronco
http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album180/Bronco_Shiloh_Ridge_02.gif
austin in his truck
http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album79/shiloh09.sized.jpg

looks like fun hu

redcagepatrol
09-08-2004, 11:40 AM
I still had a camera that took FILM when I was there last - no easy posting for me...

Have some good pics of Joe Jackson, Lissa, Greg, Bret and a few others playing in the mud... :laughing:

Mud King
09-08-2004, 11:50 AM
No Bueno.

StevenAg03
09-08-2004, 12:31 PM
I wasted my rear driveshaft on that trip - ended up pulling Lynda home on the front driveshaft - with a strap - in the dark...

I hate mud, well not really, it's fun to play in, just not fun fixing everything afterwords.

Have fun, I think we will sit this one out and look at pics... :flipoff2:

what all did you tear up on your first visit there....if i recall correctly, wasnt there some rednecks out there heckling you to go through a given hole?

J Cooper
09-08-2004, 12:38 PM
and don't listen to your buddy's little sister when she says "you can make it, just get some momentum first!"

.... and then get stuck and have to get pulled out by a jeep :flipoff2:

redcagepatrol
09-08-2004, 01:38 PM
what all did you tear up on your first visit there....if i recall correctly, wasnt there some rednecks out there heckling you to go through a given hole?
well maybe - it was all going good till I fell in a huge underwater hole...
I bent the driveshaft on a rock somewhere - too much vibration over 40mph to drive home on

uglyota
09-08-2004, 02:35 PM
.... and then get stuck and have to get pulled out by a jeep :flipoff2:
that's the worst!
luckily his truck is actually a chevy in disguise :flipoff2:

usmcagg02
09-08-2004, 06:40 PM
what all info is needed for the trip?
name?
ssn?
emergency contact?
anything else?

Violentv8toy
09-08-2004, 07:19 PM
that's the worst!
luckily his truck is actually a chevy in disguise :flipoff2:

ooo...eric is a flip flopper!!

which camp am I in? Chevy or Toyota? :flipoff2:

EDIT: and i broke a cv....no vehicle coulda made it through that in 2wd.

AggieMudder
09-08-2004, 10:25 PM
No Bueno.

I have a pretty good video of you getting that pulled out. I think to add to the trail damage list at last years inaugurial run, didnt Busa's brother bust his rear pinion?

stx4wheeler
09-08-2004, 11:12 PM
hey guys you need to email me your saftey info and all new member s need to get with me to watch the safety video. if i can get the video i will try to have a viewing tomorrow night and friday, and saturday if need be stay tuned for times and directions. i will need you name, emergency contact, and ss# and university id # email the information to safety@tamor.org. that will be all for now and all you crazy kids stay safe till then.

Mud King
09-09-2004, 12:13 AM
I have a pretty good video of you getting that pulled out. I think to add to the trail damage list at last years inaugurial run, didnt Busa's brother bust his rear pinion?

I would like to see that video!

uglyota
09-09-2004, 09:32 AM
which camp am I in? Chevy or Toyota? :flipoff2:
okay, we'll take you...but only because you actually use all three hunned fiddy inches of that motor :cheers:

uglyota
09-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Sunday will make at least 10 consecutive days of dry weather out there!

stinger7401
09-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Ok so its on!! $15 per vehicle once we get there. But all the info must be emailed to safety@tamor.org before you can go, this will be enforced so make sure he has your info. For new members you need to see the safety video before you can attend any trip, which there will be a showing tonight, tomorrow and Saturday if need be.

cntryboy1865
09-09-2004, 11:25 AM
is that email spelled correctly, the one we send our safety info too.

AggieMudder
09-09-2004, 11:36 AM
I would like to see that video!

Ive got it back home, so Ill try to bring it back next time I make a trip to Wills Point.

Tilloda
09-09-2004, 12:08 PM
where can we view the video and when?

usmcagg02
09-09-2004, 01:10 PM
For new members you need to see the safety video before you can attend any trip.

is that just for drivers or ride along,non-spotters also?

stinger7401
09-09-2004, 02:34 PM
The video is for anyone in the club that goes on a trip

Ill start another thread in the general forum on the info as to where you can watch it

Mack84
09-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Ok so its on!! $15 per vehicle once we get there. But all the info must be emailed to safety@tamor.org before you can go, this will be enforced so make sure he has your info. For new members you need to see the safety video before you can attend any trip, which there will be a showing tonight, tomorrow and Saturday if need be.

Is it 15$ even if were not gonna do anything, but watch people **** up their **** in the mud?

Shaggy
09-09-2004, 07:00 PM
15$ to wheel per rig

bburris
09-09-2004, 07:03 PM
I think they have a passenger fee, but if you're riding and your driver says they don't have a passenger then they don't have any way to track it. All they care about is whether or not you have their little ribbon tied to your vehicle while you're driving around.

Jackasic
09-11-2004, 02:12 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOO.. theres cheap entertainment in that..

amen to that, those were some good times laughing at the noobs. i for one have donated 2 radiators to Alto.

What the heck, I down for another trip. See ya'll in the morning.

BigRedFord04
09-14-2004, 06:56 PM
if theres another thread for this i'll find it shortly...i'm playing catch up...anyway....

WHERES THE CARNAGE??

that place cost me an entire cooling system: radiator, water pump, fan clutch, thermostat, antifreeze (water), and both hoses. that replacement fan clutch is the reason i absofrigginlutely hate fan clutches now.

aaron weldon also blew up his cooling system. yes, he was overrevving the engine to keep the A/C cold, and in the process the plastic fan broke off, destroyed the fan shroud, belt and sent all the pieces thru the radiator. yes, he ran off the road on the way back while driving that girls truck, towing his Z71 on a tow dolly. no damage to her truck with the exception of a bent bumper, fooked up the whole pass side of his truck from which he got a HUGE insurance claim with which he bought 4 solo-baric 18"s and amps to go along with 'em.

thats my story. oh yeah, btw....the pic tate posted, the hole that put me on 3 tires had just been driven thru by a scout...jackasic...props. i dont have proof b.c. i ran outta film, but it claimed him on the 2nd attempt. we drain a bunch of water outta his spark plug holes...but the bastard still drove home. :gigem:

uglyota
09-15-2004, 09:04 AM
WHERES THE CARNAGE??

Didja find it? (http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4499&page=4)