PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a SWR meter?

JeepPhisherman
09-07-2004, 10:27 PM
I was just about to order some new coax so I could hook up my CB on the new taco and was wondering if anyone had a SWR meter I could use. If not I'll just order one so we have one to use for the club.

JeepPhisherman
09-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Also, are there any decent CB shops around here? I know radioshack carries some crap but they never have what I'm looking for, namely a firering coax and mount. I was planning on ordering from premiere electronics, but they ship ups so I'd have to have it sent to the dorm and ups likes to lose my orders and blah blah blah

fbronco86
09-07-2004, 10:38 PM
do a search there have been threads about this before.

JeepPhisherman
09-07-2004, 11:15 PM
ah, awesome, I'm retarded. Just remembered after searching that ben has one. But I couldnt find any info on a cb shop around that might carry firestik.

edit: .....nm again, saw that place on 21 sells cb crap

Mud King
09-08-2004, 12:14 AM
theres a little CB shop out on 6 going away from CS towards Bryan (dont know what direction that is) its right next to the first truck stop that you hit after leaving Bryan. A little old lady runs it and has tons of ****, i know for a fact she has firesticks and she is extremely knowlegable. If cant find that place the Luvs truckstop in Brookshire has everything youd want in it, where i got my stuff.

EDIT: NM, didnt see your edit.

JeepPhisherman
09-08-2004, 12:27 AM
Yea I remember the trouble i had last semester was that I could never find that cb shop everyone was talking about. I rode up and down 21 on that side of 6 for 20 minutes looking for the place. I'll try the luvs next time I'm in houston

junior88mj
09-11-2004, 05:41 PM
the cb shop is next door to the truck stop that they are remodeing on the corrner of hwy 21 and hwy 6 its in a little protable building , there are two protable buildings one is a chrome shop and there is a trailer sales place next to them