PDA

View Full Version : Intake question

aggieblazer07
09-14-2004, 11:35 AM
I bought an edlebrock performer intake on ebay and it didn't come with intake gaskets. Can I use regular ones, or do I need to get some from Edlebrock?

agjohn02
09-14-2004, 11:37 AM
they're all the same shape, just different quality. normal gaskets will work just be sure you get good ones.

JeepsterJayson
09-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Any type will work. If you never have replaced an intake you might want to do some research on bolt sequence and torque.

Is it a chevy, ford, Carb, TBI,..etc.

aggieblazer07
09-14-2004, 11:48 AM
I've got books on rebuilding 350s, so I have all the info about the torque on the bolts

JeepsterJayson
09-14-2004, 12:10 PM
I don't know about you preferences but I don't recomend useing the rubber vally gaskets in front or back they will eventually push out and leak all over the place. Use silicon on the vally, water jackets, and put alittle on the threads (don't over do it). That is my 2 cents from having to do it several times.

Moose
09-14-2004, 12:39 PM
I don't know about you preferences but I don't recomend useing the rubber vally gaskets in front or back they will eventually push out and leak all over the place. Use silicon on the vally, water jackets, and put alittle on the threads (don't over do it). That is my 2 cents from having to do it several times.

i second the rubber crap gaskets. oil smells like poop cooking on headman headers. a friend of mind made me a custom set using some weird corky material. worked great after the rubber ones and then silicon only. just used a thin smear for adhesion during the assembly purposes. wish i could remember what the material was though.

fbronco86
09-14-2004, 03:26 PM
i have always just put 1/4 inch bead of silicon down instead of the rubber crap gasket. then i let it sit for about 5 mins. Then put the intake on.