PDA

View Full Version : project bronco

william_ace
10-04-2004, 12:37 PM
well i picked up a new toy this morning from a guy in austin. It is going to need some work and a motor but if all goes well I should have it up and going for less then 2k. the body is ugly, but it has no rust. a couple holes have been cut, i dont know why but its still solid. I'll try and pick up a 351 or a 400 somewhere. or if it doesnt work out, then i'll just part it.

savvyaggie
10-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Now 2 camo broncos in Tamor.... but i think i like my $22 paintjob a little better....

william_ace
10-04-2004, 12:43 PM
a bit down on the list, but that ugly shaz has gotta go.

savvyaggie
10-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Yea, it is pretty rough....but at least it has a slid front axle, unlike my sh!tty ttb.

Shaggy
10-04-2004, 01:50 PM
did that thing used to have a v6 in it?... i cant tell but those headers look that way from the pic

Shaggy
10-04-2004, 01:51 PM
nevermind... the farthest bracket on the back is just broken ofv

william_ace
10-04-2004, 02:11 PM
yeah the headers are shot for sure, the flange is broken. i guess that happened when they were pulling the motor. im going to try and do a little work on it this weekend. stuff that i can do relatively for free. like moving the coil buckets down 2 inches, shackle flip in the rear. sand down the body, look for a motor. stuff like that.

stx4wheeler
10-04-2004, 10:24 PM
man i bet we can get it driven for around a grand motor shouldnt be to expensive , neither on the steering column. on a side not i jsut went and looked at it and let me say that if my bronco had that straight of a body i would i wouldnt have big plans of destorying it i would be driving it around town with like 35's nice paint and a efi motor. cant wait to get that beast running.

william_ace
10-05-2004, 05:43 PM
did a little work today on it. thanks kevon for helpin. cleaned out the inside, got all the nasty old blankets and stuff out. tried to figure out the goofy gas tank in there, pulled off some molding on the outside to see the origional yellow color, pulled the dash on the inside to check the wiring. took of the broken door pannels. hopfully this weekend i'll have time to do some of the bigger work on it. pressure wash the underneath and clean it all up. take the coils and coil buckets out. probably wont have time for the rear. but we'll see. if anyone wants to jack around with it for a couple hours on saturday or sunday let me know. i can bring out some cold beer and jazz like that. :cheers:

uglyota
10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
F is for Frick?

agjohn02
10-05-2004, 10:44 PM
no F is for "fords suck" :flipoff2:

Moose
10-06-2004, 07:08 AM
so, i'm guessin it didn't have the c6 otherwise you'd be sayin stuff like 460 or L&L conversions and the like.

they're a blast to drive around town. it's good to see more old old full size broncos in the club. you can't really beat a potential big block, c6, np205, 9", & D44. what else do you need beside maybe a link instead of a radius arm.

eight
10-06-2004, 08:03 AM
what else do you need beside maybe a link instead of a radius arm.

Lower gears, bigger axles, and less weight.

Moose
10-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Lower gears, bigger axles, and less weight.

if they were built on a 3/4 or 1 ton chasis, i'd call me a jacka$$ for opening my mouth too soon. :flipoff2:

william_ace
10-06-2004, 10:22 AM
yeah its got a c6 in it. i would do a 460 but damn that would be an expencive conversion. i am trying to do this for relativly cheap, so the gears and axles will come later. Im hopfully going to loose the top and doors and dove tail the rear. And if i ever get good with the tourch i may try the front. so potentially 460 if i find one cheap, or a 400, its got a 203 and the 9 inch and 44. but the 9 inch has been big time ghetto fabbed so i'll prolly be gettin a new one. post up some ideas if you got some.

uglyota
10-07-2004, 01:08 PM
I bet that C6 is in good shape...didn't they come from the factory needing a rebuild? ;)

Shaggy
10-07-2004, 02:13 PM
no.. the c6 is a strong transmission

stx4wheeler
10-07-2004, 04:57 PM
no f- is for f you scout :rainbow: :flipoff2:

and eric the c-6 is one of the stongest tranny's ford made.

jerryg79
10-07-2004, 05:28 PM

From the well-informed automotive enthusiasts that brought you "hey guys whats TTB?"

uglyota
10-08-2004, 09:50 AM
and eric the c-6 is one of the stongest tranny's ford made.
so what does that mean? It's almost as strong as a 700r4 raptor?
:flipoff2:
okay I'll stop polluting your thread

eight
10-08-2004, 11:00 AM
C6 =~ th400

BigRedFord04
10-08-2004, 06:15 PM
just outta curiosity.....shouldnt you figure out which bolt pattern is on the tranny before you decide between SB and BB? either way, i'd stay away from a big heavy, drop an Explorer 5.0 in it and go.

you need to lose A LOT of weight on that big mother fugger....and whatever canadian BS gas tank system they rigged into it. lose the top, the doors, the tailgate, the front fenders, cut off about 2/3 of the hood and put some tube and a stinger up front. i'd then suggest completely cutting out all the floor behind the front seats, dovetail, lay some tube, hang a fuel cell and build some hoops to put coilovers inside the cab. if you REALLY wanna get fancy you should section about 2 feet outta the middle of the body. "FULL SIZES SUCK" -DK

thats just my opinion, and other than a fuel cell, coilovers and a little tube all FREE. you could even make some $$ selling all that extra metal at the scrap yard, just ask Tate :flipoff2:

just think.....that thing could turn into a COMPLETE hack job by the time you're done. :D after seeing what all the people were wheeling in Arkansas/Tenessee (which i'll have pics up soon) i've been even further reaffirmed that a huge heavy beast trail rig is not what works best.

william_ace
10-08-2004, 06:42 PM
its the BB c6. well about the body, i was going to see about taking all the dents out first. get a nice paint job with a shiney clear coat. :flipoff2: but yeah, in time, im going to take the top off, get some tube doors, or make them rather, dove tail the rear, try to do somthin about the front to lighten it up. i dunno we'll see what happens. but i'd like to get it running and do the shackle flip and lower the coil towers first.

BigRedFord04
10-08-2004, 07:02 PM
i think you'll be missing a very important step if you get it running before hacking the sh!t outta the body. fukk clear coat on a trail rig....gloss is ok, but only if it comes from a can that rattles. remember TRAIL RIG...its supposed to be ugly.

william_ace
10-08-2004, 07:39 PM
its gonna get painted flat black i think. maybe i didnt lay the sarcasm on hard enough.

BigRedFord04
10-08-2004, 09:04 PM
i still think you missed the important part of that post. maybe i didnt lay on the "CUT THE SH!T OUTTA THAT THING AND DITCH AS MUCH WEIGHT AND EXTRA METAL AS POSSIBLE IF YOU WANT IT TO IN ANY WAY BE A RESPECTABLE TRAIL RIG" hard enough. :p

full width half ton axles under the weight of a toyota will get you a lot farther than if they've got the 7000lbs of a bronco pushing down on them. do you wanna wheel or fix your sh!t on the trail all the time?

DO IT GOT DAMMIT! RESPECT MY AUTHORI-TIE!

william_ace
10-08-2004, 10:18 PM
fyi............... its gettin bastardized after it is running and all the little stuff is fixed. good nuff?

stx4wheeler
10-09-2004, 12:32 AM
i still think you missed the important part of that post. maybe i didnt lay on the "CUT THE SH!T OUTTA THAT THING AND DITCH AS MUCH WEIGHT AND EXTRA METAL AS POSSIBLE IF YOU WANT IT TO IN ANY WAY BE A RESPECTABLE TRAIL RIG" hard enough. :p

full width half ton axles under the weight of a toyota will get you a lot farther than if they've got the 7000lbs of a bronco pushing down on them. do you wanna wheel or fix your sh!t on the trail all the time?

DO IT GOT DAMMIT! RESPECT MY AUTHORI-TIE!

he wants something to wheel and screw around in, i dont think you got that, he isnt trying to build a hardcore trail rig, on 38's thats gonna need one tons and with 35's he prolly isnt gonna break to much ****, unless shall we say he was trying to wheel a long wheel base truck on 37's and drives like he stole it, and a bronco only weighs around 5,800-6k lbs :flipoff2: thats all i got to say for now.

BigRedFord04
10-09-2004, 10:29 PM
why build a trail rig you're not gonna beat the ever living sh!t out of? especially if you can concede to not driving it on the street. you say i drive mine like i stole it? i actually care about how my truck turns out....wait 'til you see me in something that is trail only and i dont care what happens to :D btw, i think you're underestimating how much those broncos weigh. my truck weighs in at less than 5800lbs now.

william_ace
10-10-2004, 02:18 AM
why do you think this will not be a trail only rig? i already have 2 that serve as DD's. i dont plan on doing it all at once, but its gonna get beat up( i hope at least) and not driven on the street much. i'll get it registered just because i do not have a trailor. But other than that, the only reason it will be street driven is to get it to where i need to go.

william_ace
10-12-2004, 09:32 PM
If anyone isnt going this weekend i'll be doin a little work on the bronco. i think jordan may help a little, just drop me a line if you got some time or wanna lend a hand. thanks guys

savvyaggie
10-15-2004, 05:57 PM
when are you going to be working on it????

JeepPhisherman
10-15-2004, 06:21 PM
I'll be in town and dont have **** to do
Give me a holler whenever you need some help 704 904 4084

william_ace
10-15-2004, 07:57 PM
i guess i'll get up some time in the mornin and get goin (10 or 11ish). i need to get some jackstands from walmart or somthin. just need 2 if anyone has some they could lend, if not no big deal. thanks guys

Sharpe
10-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Get them from Harbor Freight, cheaper and taller stand than what you'd find at walmart. I've bought 3 sets from HF and they are all good.

i guess i'll get up some time in the mornin and get goin (10 or 11ish). i need to get some jackstands from walmart or somthin. just need 2 if anyone has some they could lend, if not no big deal. thanks guys

JeepPhisherman
10-15-2004, 10:21 PM

where you working on it at btw?

william_ace
10-16-2004, 12:35 AM
off of hwy 6 past rock prarie on the access road. its at my bosses warehouse.

StevenAg03
10-16-2004, 10:12 AM
not that im coming...got replant...but it would help if you said north or south side of rockprarie...

savvyaggie
10-16-2004, 10:54 AM
got called into work, I'll call when I get off

william_ace
10-16-2004, 10:58 AM
that'll work, thanks man. well im gonna head on out there if anyone wants to stop by. just give me a call on my cell phone and i'll give some directions. thanks

william_ace
10-17-2004, 12:33 AM
got a little work done today on it. me and robert took off the coil buckets and shock towers. im going to re-drill the coil towers 2 or 3 inches lower and put them back on. maybe put some 4 inch superflex coils. dont know about the shock towers yet. next weekend i'll try to get some of the rear done. here are some pics of what got done today-

savvyaggie
10-17-2004, 09:12 PM
sweet!!

william_ace
11-06-2004, 10:09 PM
been doin a little work on and off, got it sanded and primed. thanks mario, and garrent and robert for helpin. they been out there a couple times and givin me ideas on what to do, or rather telling me. so heres what i got so far. more to come.... suspension next week

JeepPhisherman
11-08-2004, 08:39 PM
I say god damn, thats a hot ass farmers tan

When are we working on it next? I've got some time on thursday before I have to run down to Bush intercontinental to pick up the bro, we need to get that engine compartment cleaned out and the buckets on that beast. Also need to get ahold of a trailer so we can steam clean the bay and paint it before we put in this mystery motor.

william_ace
11-08-2004, 11:57 PM
well i lined up the "mystery motor". nothin real special about it, but it'll be drivable. yeah i'd like to get it rollable. as soon as i have a couple hours and my new coils, its a go. just have to put the drop shackle in the rear and bolt on the coils. then i'll get it cleaned up nice. i need to make a tow bar for it too.

Sharpe
11-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Why didnt you post the pic with FAG painted on the door. If I didnt want the world to see it I wouldnt have wasted your paint on it ***.

william_ace
11-09-2004, 12:05 AM
just cause your jelous that i have 2 fords...........fag :flipoff2:

Sharpe
11-09-2004, 12:14 AM
Thats more like it. Oh look you got lucky and got my Burban in the background to take the attention away from your engineless lawn ornament. :gigem: :laughing:

william_ace
11-09-2004, 12:19 AM
what suburban? ;)

jerryg79
11-09-2004, 12:55 AM
Thats more like it. Oh look you got lucky and got my Burban in the background to take the attention away from your engineless lawn ornament. :gigem: :laughing:

I heard the guy that owns that suburban is hard-core and busts 14 bolts.....oh wait :flipoff2:

Sharpe
11-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Butthole.

JeepPhisherman
11-09-2004, 02:04 AM
so you want to put the engine in and then get it cleaned up?

i think you got that backwards fukstik, we need to get that **** cleaned and purdy before dropping that beefy mystery motor in, besides, what else are we going to do while waiting for it to get here... unless you want to let me go ahead and bob and dove the rear :gigem:

Sharpe
11-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Yes, we must paint more. I agree that we should vandalize the engine compartment next.

JeepPhisherman
11-09-2004, 02:14 AM
Yes, we must paint more. I agree that we should vandalize the engine compartment next.

Since I quit drinking, getting high off all the spray paint is the only thing I have left....

JeepPhisherman
11-09-2004, 02:16 AM
Oh, and whats the final choice on color william

BigRedFord04
11-09-2004, 02:20 AM
Oh, and whats the final choice on color william
dont let him choose....decide for him....go paint it in the dark one nite when he wont be there.....maybe something like this :rainbow:

JeepPhisherman
11-09-2004, 02:24 AM
dont let him choose....decide for him....go paint it in the dark one nite when he wont be there.....maybe something like this :rainbow:

he did tell me to go work on it whenever....

now accepting donations to help will to show his true colors through his bronco (im poor as **** or id go get high on paint fumes and do it right now)

william_ace
11-10-2004, 02:58 AM
may do a little work on it this weekend if anyone is intrested. Probably not much though, gotta fix my car and entertain some tech fags. oh yeah, when you go pickup the rainbow colors and paint it, make sure you dish out the extra dollar and get the good paint! oh yeah, wet sand it too.

william_ace
11-22-2004, 01:32 AM
picked up peices of the motor yesterday. gonna put it all back together and replace the 2 barrel carb with a 4 barrel. other than that, clean up the engine compartment and put the motor together and its in.

uglyota
11-22-2004, 09:28 AM
gonna put it all back together and replace the 2 barrell carb with a 4 barrell...
Why?
I thought 2barrels worked better off road?

eight
11-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Yea, what 4 barrel you useing? Most of em suck. And you're probably replacing the MC2100 all the jeep ****ers like so much.

stx4wheeler
11-22-2004, 12:48 PM
stay with the two barrrel and save yourself a big pain in the ass off road thats why i put my 2 barrel 550 motorcraft back on the 460.

william_ace
11-22-2004, 03:43 PM
then i'll be gettin a new 2 barrel carb cause he said the one on there was junk, and i have a feelin thats part of the reason he couldnt get it runnin right. well i'll rebuild this one anyhow. suggestions and help are welcome when it comes to the motor and hooking it up. as you can tell, i've never really messed with a motor before.

william_ace
12-10-2004, 05:23 PM
4 inch coil springs are on their way. i've already got the rear lift. now i just need some 4 degree c bushings and i'll be set for the front. I think me and mario are goin to get the 400 c6, and steering column from a guy in austin here in not to long. should have it drivable early next semester.

JeepPhisherman
12-10-2004, 09:17 PM
4 inch coil springs are on their way. i've already got the rear lift. now i just need some 4 degree c bushings and i'll be set for the front. I think me and mario are goin to get the 400 c6, and steering column from a guy in austin here in not to long. should have it drivable early next semester.

i call bull****

we havent even finished the old school dupont jeff gordon paint scheme yet :confused:

william_ace
12-10-2004, 09:27 PM
so, i could spend 40 bucks on paint or i could use that for coil springs? or maybe i could just get a gay camper top for my toyota, who knows? :flipoff2:

Sharpe
12-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Dude if you'll seriously let us paint any part of your truck rainbow I know I'd chip in for paint and I'm sure Mario and Garret would too. In fact, I think Mario should buy it all so he could get you back for painting his axle white.

BigRedFord04
12-11-2004, 04:43 AM
why are you still asking for permission???...y'all know where it is.... "just do it" - nike

fbronco86
12-11-2004, 02:44 PM
stay with the two barrrel and save yourself a big pain in the ass off road thats why i put my 2 barrel 550 motorcraft back on the 460.

stupid freshman i am gonna go out on a limb and say it was a 2 barrel 650cfm carb. :flipoff2:

TRDyota
12-11-2004, 02:58 PM
William, next time ya'll work, call me up. I am done workin on mine for a while, so I got nothin else to do. 713-417-8537