PDA

View Full Version : YES, another bronco buildup..

savvyaggie
10-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Last night I started working on the new(used) lift lift that bought from tate. I added on a couple of pictures to show the progress.

I did not take a before pics so.... This pic is not my bronco, but one similiar, Mine was missing a glass and had a different color door. overall in the same condition (well mine was a bit worse), and color.

savvyaggie
10-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Then I added a 3" body lify(I know :rainbow: ), longer front coils and 2" blocks in the rear(also :rainbow: ), 33/12.5 Pro Comp MT's black rims, removed the swaybars, bumpers, etc... And mad few other small mods.. This pic ws after Alto, before carwash...

savvyaggie
10-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Last night I started on the on the New(used) lift kit I got from tate... I disassembled everything, got all of the drop brackets mounted(with exception of a couple of bolts), and started remounting the TTB.

savvyaggie
10-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Tonight/evening I am going to finish the front(lift, longer brake lines, drop pitman arm), and start on the back, F250/F350 hangers. And I should be welding the gears and finshing the rear on Thurs evening. Oh, and I also have to take off the body lift and rear blocks....If anybody has a free evening and don't mind being paid in " all the :beer: you can drink". Then give me a shout(call or PM).

Shaggy
10-06-2004, 11:38 AM
good work... glad to see the lift going on something that will see the trail soon

RCcola55
10-06-2004, 07:40 PM
hey man im free just give me a call 214 695 7901

william_ace
10-06-2004, 09:03 PM
ditto gimmie a ring this weekend. 2103865708

savvyaggie
10-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the offer guys, I just now saw them.... And thanks to mario for calling and offering his help, but it was already to late... Oh yeah, and I'll give a shot out to Ryan for pulling me out at Alto, and offering his help... If ya'll want to come tomorrow ya'll can, But my shop is about 24 miles away and I would never ask for ya'll to drive there..... I will be heading that way tomorrow about 6ish maybe 7ish, and if ya'll want ya'll can ride with me(I wouldn't ask ya'll to waste your gas)....I know that it will be Thursday, and everybody will be going out, but if you have nothing to do, and like free beer, then halla at me.....

I got alot done tonight... Finished up the front end(lift, brake lines, drop pitman arm, springs, etc), and mounted the rear hangers.. I still need to drill some more holes in the frame slap some bolts in them(for the rear), remove the body lift, blead the brakes(could not do that alone), remount the rear bumper(considering it only has 2 bolts, is should not be a problem), remove some blocks from the rear, and weld the rearend up, "locka".... It looks real funny right now with d@mn near 10" of lift and 33's...I know that it will be Thursday, and everybody will be going out, but if you have nothing to do, and like free beer, then halla at me.....

WHAT I NEED!!!!, some cheap shocks, and 35's.... I am willing to do a little swapping if andbody has some 35's and wants 33's....

Here are some pics of the progress so far....

savvyaggie
10-06-2004, 10:44 PM
I think I should of mounted the hangers a little father back, what do ya'll think? should I move them back, or will they be fine?

stx4wheeler
10-06-2004, 10:45 PM
holy grabber green brackets batman, nah j/k man its looking really good. Are you gonna have to lengthen any of the driveshafts,

p.s paint that frame green and lissa might get a little rilled up.

william_ace
10-06-2004, 10:45 PM
that looks hella nice man. i'll come out there if the person who drives back hasnt been drinkin. i'll help though, give up a night to help a little.

savvyaggie
10-06-2004, 10:55 PM
I had to stay with the camo colors(green), but I thought this green should have a little umph.

Tate said that he did not have to change his driveshafts..... and He had blocks, I figure that the different hangers will bring the axle closer than with blocks becasue it tilts forward. I havn't got anything in a bind yet so we will see(no brakes, I could not bleed them by my self), so we will see about the front. But I will be testing it as soon as possible, probably at the deer lease this weekend(unless for some reason my boss comes back early, and it will be in gilmer)...

Thanks william, I will see who will be coming tomorrow....

mudtoy67
10-07-2004, 12:17 AM
I think I should of mounted the hangers a little father back, what do ya'll think? should I move them back, or will they be fine?

That's about where you need to be. Any farther back and you run the risk of inverting a shackle under suspension droop.

eight
10-07-2004, 01:46 AM
Yea if you were to do anything, move the hanger about .5" forward. But it'll be fine where it is.

Moose
10-07-2004, 08:02 AM
i've got 4 superlift 4" lift shocks. except they're all loop/stem (from my quad front shock setup).

you should be able to bleed them yourself. either buy those one way check valve brake bleeders. dip some anti-crimp hose in a glass jar filled with brake fluid and pump the brakes with the bleeder valve open. or... if you don't want to buy one of those expensive check valve brake bleeders, you could do this. attach this thing with the bleeder closed, then open the bleeder, pump the brakes till all the air is out, then close the bleeder. and the hose doesn't HAVE to be non-collapsing since it's only a one way check valve in the valve stem.

savvyaggie
10-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Not sure if tonight is still on or not, I might have to work for a couple of hours after I get out of class at 5pm... will find out soon and post..

agjohn02
10-07-2004, 03:34 PM
i always wondered what the heck TTB meant and just never thought to ask. now i see... something twinbeam? whats the other t for? how does it transfer torque to the passenger side? what are the pros, cons to it?

robertf03
10-07-2004, 03:48 PM
what are the pros, cons to it?

pros: its already there

cons: it sucks

stx4wheeler
10-07-2004, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=agjohn02]i always wondered what the heck TTB meant and just never thought to ask. whats the other t for?

twin traction beam

savvyaggie
10-07-2004, 06:01 PM
pros: its already there

cons: it sucks

true dat!!!!

I can't complain to much much, it has done me well so far, but it does not compare to a solid front axle...

savvyaggie
10-07-2004, 06:03 PM
I think I am going to cancel the work seccion tonight, unless I can get off work early..... Thanks anyway guys....I might run out there for a few minutes later, but thats about it....

william_ace
10-07-2004, 07:15 PM
whatcha gonna do tonight to it?

savvyaggie
10-07-2004, 10:09 PM
I wasn't going to do anything to the Rover tonight, but I had to come to the shop to get a couple of things, and well, I just finished welding up the rearend,"locka"!!!! Funny how those things happen... We'll see if it holds, first time doing it....... Actually, there seem to be a slight amount of slack in the passsenger side "carrier/case beering" under the main cap(not sure exactly what that bearing is called).. Not sure if any or how much slack should be there, probably none, but we will see how long it last because it didn't slow me down any.... I will put it back togather tomorrow or sat.(and bleed the brakes, and take off the body lift)....

I am just ready to get it it's "off-road ability/performance" to a 2-3 on a 1-10 scale....

I forgot my camera, which is proboably a good thing because my welding skills are not the greatest....

I sure do want to go to gilmer this weekend...I hope my boss comes back in town early so I can go...

william_ace
10-07-2004, 10:21 PM
you ever gonna do a sas?

savvyaggie
10-07-2004, 11:02 PM
you ever gonna do a sas?

maybe if I ever run out of other crap to do... nah, i will be getting a jeep soon (once I sell my truck), and I will have this as a backup/hunting buggy.... That is what it started out being(hunting buggy), I have a rack that bolts from the rear bumper to the windshield with swivel seats, spot lights,and gun racks(redneck, baby!!!!)..... Plus, including every everything that I have done to it within the last week, I only have about $1300 in the whole rig.... So it's my budget buildup.. Don't want to put to much money in it, because I might actually care about it...

agjohn02
10-07-2004, 11:14 PM
it's only a one way check valve in the valve stem.

isnt the valve stem backwards in the drawing?

savvyaggie
10-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Just put the rearend back togather, everything seems to be fine..... We'll see how long it will hold up.... I should be bringing it the the deer lease on sunday and trying it out... My deer lease is about 7 miles from fort hood, so ya'll know the terrian. I will take some pics...

savvyaggie
10-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Just finished breeding the brakes, and tightening a few bolts, so I thought I would check and how it flexed... I still have to take off the body lift, and do a few other small things...... but here are some current pics.... I was hopeing that the front springs were a little softer, but maybe they will loosen up over time. I actually got farther up my makeshift RTI ramp with my stock coil springs, removed swaybars, and just a body lift(over these springs and my leveling springs), what gives?? With my stock coil springs I could tuck my front wheel, and I could get to were I was sitting(in the pic)on the ramp....

savvyaggie
10-09-2004, 12:32 PM
There are some soft ride springs on ebay right now, will that make any difference????

william_ace
10-09-2004, 01:22 PM
maybe, and i dont know for sure, but i bet if you found a set of used ext. radius arms that it would make a pretty large difference. then on top of that the soft riding springs, you'd have a very capable ttb bronc.

savvyaggie
10-09-2004, 01:38 PM
I have been trying to find some ext. radius arms, but I have the same radius are arms as before(stock), and I had more travel with the stock coils??? I just thought I would of a little more travel or at least the same amount of travel with these coils, and not less. Don't get me wrong, I like the new lift(more clearance), but I just thought the front would performed a little better...

stx4wheeler
10-09-2004, 04:06 PM
well the coils are gonna be stiffer since they are that extra 6 in taller which puts more force on the spring and would cause it to bow, also most ifs lifts are not known for gaining to much on the uptravel side yet more on the donw travel if i remember right. longer radius arms would help some to, i am gonna proly start building mine and odering metal to make them and we could prolly rig up some for your bronco, slighty modified from mine to work with the ttb arms. gimma call man 979-574-5870

also that blue suburban is feaking huge, i saw it and jordans bronco today on the way to my field trip. it looks to have a 60 front swapped in and to be on like 44 bogger, correct me if i am wrong, is that the shop where you do all your work jordan?

savvyaggie
10-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Yea, I know they have to be stiffer, but I still have less than stock(basically...) I have been thinking about making some longer radius arms, I jsut wanted to know how much of a difference it would make first....

And Yeah, that is where I do all of my work, kind far outside of town, but I have pretty much everything I need there and 24hour access, and a cold frig( :beer: ).... The burban it the background is huge(to huge), I have only had it up to about 40mph and had to slow down, kinda freaky to drive.. 44's SAS, 454, etc....here is a couple of pics of it...The owner of the place drove it into the creek that is next to the shop, and broken the front driveshaft trying to get out...It was rather funny...

we're all suppost to go to Alto, Halloween weekend. He is bringing both of his Jeep's and that beast...And a few of his friend's are all bringing their rigs out there for the weekend(all carlot dumba$$es, that think they know it all), Their so f****n stupid, BUT fun to watch. You can just sit back and laugh at them all day, because they will f*** up every vehicle that they bring, fixem there, and do it again. Carnage from last time they went: 1 blown engine, 4 starters, hydrolocked another engine, and ripped a rollcage out of a jeep, because they didn't want to crawl in the mud to hook up a strap..

stx4wheeler
10-09-2004, 05:20 PM
well i am not sure you will gain much flex at all now that i think of it, because you are already running drop down brackets on the stock radius arms, so really the radius arm is not causeing much bind or anything, most people at least with Solid axles, go longer arms so that they dont have to use drop down brakets and sacrifice ground clearance so i doubt you are gonna get much more flex with the ttb with the extended arms, putting money into ttb axles and suspension is kinda like polishing a turd, cause no matter how much you do it is still gonna be ****. yuo might do a search on fullsizebronco and see what they have to say about it.

savvyaggie
10-09-2004, 05:26 PM
well i am not sure you will gain much flex at all now that i think of it, because you are already running drop down brackets on the stock radius arms, so really the radius arm is not causeing much bind or anything, most people at least with Solid axles, go longer arms so that they dont have to use drop down brakets and sacrifice ground clearance so i doubt you are gonna get much more flex with the ttb with the extended arms, putting money into ttb axles and suspension is kinda like polishing a turd, cause no matter how much you do it is still gonna be ****. yuo might do a search on fullsizebronco and see what they have to say about it.

yeah, because it is not the radius arms that limiting movement it is the springs.. Oh well, guess that is as good as it gets with TTB...

savvyaggie
10-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Still need 35s....anybody.....anybody.....

Shaggy
10-09-2004, 05:47 PM
and they wont get softer... my bronco is much heavier than yours and i ran them for several years

stx4wheeler
10-09-2004, 05:47 PM
someone hook this man up with some tires man.

savvyaggie
10-09-2004, 10:37 PM
so I have a better lift, F350 hangers, welded spider gears, no swaybars, and I have taken off as much stuff as possible(weight). I still need shocks, and 35's, and to take my body lift off.... Now, I am looking for sugestions, but don't want to spend to much money on this budget mobile...What else can I do to this POS, besides SAS, gears, $$$ etc., to improve it off road... I am thinking to tuck the skid plate up closer or making a new one to be the next project... Any ideas????

eight
10-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Any ideas????

Wheel it, the answer will come to you.

savvyaggie
10-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Wheel it, the answer will come to you.

I guess that means break something and then replace it with something better....

thanks

BigRedFord04
10-10-2004, 12:16 PM
if you're wanting softer coils, look into wild horses stuff. those springs are use, and have had the **** beaten outta them so i dont think they'll soften up much. extended radius arms would make a huge difference as well.

Shaggy
10-10-2004, 05:28 PM
raise the gas tank up or put it inside... you WILL hit it all the time

bburris
10-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Take the body lift off and cut your fenders to clear some 38s... :D

savvyaggie
10-10-2004, 07:40 PM
I think I'll jsut break alot of stuff with 38's....

The body lift is coming off.....

The rear springs with the different hangers and such hang down as far as the gas tank...

How will the ext radius a springs compress more??? The springs are what is restricting no the arms...

BigRedFord04
10-10-2004, 07:53 PM
i think you misunderstood me. i made two statements:

1) Wild Horses coils flex like mad (look into EB 5.5" ones)
2) Extended radius arms would help as well.

38"s and TTB wont like each other.

william_ace
10-10-2004, 08:00 PM
when are you gonna take the body lift off?

Shaggy
10-10-2004, 09:10 PM
doug k has a set of eb wild horses he needs to get rid of... i can check what he wants for you if you would like... and i agree 38 and ttb wont be smart... hell 35s break shafts pretty easily

stx4wheeler
10-11-2004, 12:30 AM
doug k has a set of eb wild horses he needs to get rid of... i can check what he wants for you if you would like... and i agree 38 and ttb wont be smart... hell 35s break shafts pretty easily

he would have to change out the coils buckets and possibly the coil cup on the bottom to which is way more work that ttb is worth, and if i remeber right if it is a eb 5.5 in coil from wildhorse it will only give a fullsize 3.5 inches of lift.

Shaggy
10-11-2004, 10:52 AM
it is like 8 i think

savvyaggie
10-11-2004, 04:18 PM
So which is it 3.5 or 8 inches???

savvyaggie
10-11-2004, 04:25 PM
Actually, I think I am going to keep it how it is for a while(front setup) and tune everthing as I go. That way I will be able to decide exactly what I want out of them.

I sure do like the welded spider gears, it came in handy this weekend...Went out to a friends place and played for a few minutes Sat. night...

Shaggy
10-11-2004, 05:02 PM
i think they are 8" lift springs so probably like 5 or 6 on a full size

BigRedFord04
10-11-2004, 05:46 PM
wild horses has all kinds of different spring rates they make springs at to compensate for different engines, bumpers, winches or lack thereof, etc etc....just get the heaviest duty ones and it'd be good for a fullsize.

stx4wheeler
10-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Actually, I think I am going to keep it how it is for a while(front setup) and tune everthing as I go. That way I will be able to decide exactly what I want out of them.

I sure do like the welded spider gears, it came in handy this weekend...Went out to a friends place and played for a few minutes Sat. night...

i dont think he is gonna screw with it any more austin. plus making eb or 78-79 coils work he still has to change buckets and various parts which would be a pita.

BigRedFord04
10-12-2004, 12:29 AM
thank you for the reading lesson captain grammatica. i saw that, i was responding to tate's post. until next time...

william_ace
10-12-2004, 12:42 AM
just drove by jordans house and saw it without the body lift. looks hella good. just needs some 35s to cap it off.

savvyaggie
10-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Yeah, Got the body lift off, I will post a couple pics of it 2night..

savvyaggie
10-14-2004, 11:48 AM
hey, I found a pic of it before it had a lift, with my hunting rack on it.... Loaded up on the way to laredo Tx, on a hunting trip..

savvyaggie
10-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Here is athe lastest pic(I know the pic sucks)... All suspension, no body lift...

JeepPhisherman
10-15-2004, 06:39 PM
Looks fawking nice man
if you can wait till after xmas, i might be able to get you some cheap 35 tsl radials from home.
are you planning on hacking up the fenders anytime soon?

Shaggy
10-15-2004, 11:26 PM
he wont have to cut the fenders at all to fit 35's

savvyaggie
10-17-2004, 09:35 PM
I'll be getting the 35's from cody this week, yee-hah!!! That means that my pro comp 33's are for sale($140)..

I went to the deer lease this weekend and meant to do some wheelin, but that didn't happen...... My fiance decided that she wanted to drive and once she got behind the wheel, that was it....She drove the whole time.... All I got to do was load it and on load it on the trailer. We took it pretty easy for her first time, but she had alot of fun... Here are a couple of pics..

i know :rainbow:

I am likin the improvments so far..... This week, install shocks, new tailgate, remount bumper, install 35's, and who knows what else...

savvyaggie
10-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Oh yeah, This coming up weekend(Oct.23-24), a few friends and i are going to alto.. There will probably be about 5-8 rigs going, so if anybody would like to go, but don't want to wheel alone, then feel free to come. I should be leaving about mid-day sat. camp-out, and come back sunday. But some of the others will leave friday.. I am bringing pop's (mini)winabago, but all of the spots are full in it, But I do have an extra tent in anybody is interested...

savvyaggie
10-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Just got the 35's from joseph, he got new bling bling tires.... I'll post pics of Rover with 35's when I getum on..

Ford Bronco God
10-28-2004, 05:46 AM
do you have any old bronco stuff you are looking to get taken off your hands after all this... ?

savvyaggie
10-28-2004, 08:27 AM
do you have any old bronco stuff you are looking to get taken off your hands after all this... ?

what are you looking for????

Shaggy
10-28-2004, 10:07 AM
i got a lotta ford/bronco chit too... what do you need

stx4wheeler
10-28-2004, 11:55 AM
same here me got lots of parts

savvyaggie
10-28-2004, 03:03 PM

I know you need some front springs........... :flipoff2:

yuour tires are getting pretty bold to, right???? my 33's are availible...

Ford Bronco God
10-28-2004, 11:09 PM
lift springs would be nice....

savvyaggie
10-28-2004, 11:12 PM
lift springs would be nice....

ghetto Nick already has dibbs on them, if he don't get them them, then you can.....

Ford Bronco God
10-28-2004, 11:15 PM
+ Brackets if you have them anything like that... I have 35" ...that are more like 34"...***... some newer ones would be nice 33" are too small for a full size

Ford Bronco God
10-28-2004, 11:17 PM
damn it that stinks

savvyaggie
10-28-2004, 11:18 PM
+ Brackets if you have them anything like that... I have 35" ...that are more like 34"...***... some newer ones would be nice 33" are too small for a full size

you can have my factory springs, there only about 1/2 wor out, I think yours are about 99/100 wor out, there easy to change---- just come pick mine up...

Ford Bronco God
10-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Anything else anybody think I might need for my truck that they have lying around...? I put some newer springs on my truck off of a 1993 f-150 that were almost new ... but I think I need some more lift.. Thanks a lot for the offer

jerryg79
10-29-2004, 01:25 AM
Anything else anybody think I might need for my truck that they have lying around...? I

Dude you are the "Ford Bronco God", a deity, the highest power, the all-knowing, the commander of all that exists. dont you have bronco parts everywhere, you should live in a house made of bronco parts, any thing you dont have on hand you should be able to conger up from the FOMOCO heavens.

I am beginning to doubt your status as "Ford Bronco God" maybe "Ford Bronco Apprentice"

Ford Bronco God
10-29-2004, 01:43 AM
ah i see but it is all 7 hours south of here

Ford Bronco God
10-29-2004, 01:45 AM
Do not second guess a God you might no like what happened .... LMAO

BigRedFord04
10-29-2004, 01:56 AM
we worship our own dieties...you are not it...you have no power over us.

Ford Bronco God
10-29-2004, 02:01 AM
I kneel to the higher gods....

agjohn02
10-29-2004, 02:05 AM
a buncha useless crap

dude, your not cool :rolleyes:

btw, lets see this bronco of yours, it better be made of gold

Ford Bronco God
10-29-2004, 02:18 AM

savvyaggie
10-29-2004, 08:57 AM
hijackers!!!! :flipoff2:

TxCruzr
10-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Thanks of posting pics of your deer lease. I guess that means your offering us a new wheeling spot :gigem:

savvyaggie
10-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Don't think theowner would be to happy to see a bunch of rigs on tha place, that is while he got rid of the last folks, he said a little wheeln was fine, but a bunch of sh!t got ****** up before....with the other folks

stx4wheeler
10-29-2004, 12:18 PM
hi jakc once more bronco god i got a set of 1.5 inch leveling coils paint is kinda ruffon them 40 bucks. pm me. getthem tires on there yet jordan

savvyaggie
10-29-2004, 05:54 PM
hi jakc once more bronco god i got a set of 1.5 inch leveling coils paint is kinda ruffon them 40 bucks. pm me. getthem tires on there yet jordan

not yet, show be on it sat. I'll post a pic...

What did you think about the COW test?????

TxCruzr
10-30-2004, 02:11 AM
Don't think theowner would be to happy to see a bunch of rigs on tha place, that is while he got rid of the last folks, he said a little wheeln was fine, but a bunch of sh!t got ****** up before....with the other folks

I promise I won't tear anything up....its not like I've ever torn up our backyard at home with a mini off road course and nearly rolled.
On second thought I'll stick to the speed bumbs at HEB. :D

savvyaggie
10-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Just got the 35's on it(sorry Nick, had to put them on).. Here is a couple of pics....

All I have now is a bunch of small crap.... front shocks, install the CD that I bought, radio, take the towbar and brackets off, sliders(maybe), etc....

TxCruzr
10-31-2004, 09:38 PM
Looks good :cool:

savvyaggie
11-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Looks good :cool:

well, looks better, but not as fly as your goodyear bling bling..... Good luck with the ROTM...

fbronco86
11-02-2004, 11:32 AM
U kids need to get a real bronco like this :flipoff2:

savvyaggie
11-02-2004, 11:36 AM
U kids need to get a real bronco like this :flipoff2:

who's the ugly **** in the front seat??? :flipoff2:

jerryg79
11-02-2004, 01:23 PM
You see how mike's bronco is holding down that rock formation.....its holding down his parents driveway just as well right now :flipoff2:

fbronco86
11-02-2004, 06:08 PM
You see how mike's bronco is holding down that rock formation.....its holding down his parents driveway just as well right now :flipoff2:

I will bring it out when i need to show all these little kids whos there daddy.

savvyaggie
11-02-2004, 09:03 PM
I will bring it out when i need to show all these little kids whos there daddy.

hey now, never underestimate the :rainbow: TTB....

eight
11-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey mike, is that the big ass waterfall where you **** your pants? Got any pics of jeep on it? Or something that shows just how fricken big the waterfall was?

savvyaggie
11-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Just found my next fix on the ROVER!!!!

I went hunting today, as I said.... and brought my lady friends with me(that will be at Edge fest 2night)... WELL, while I was hunting they took the Rover for a ride.... When I got back from the stand, this is what I saw(not the first three pics, they were from before I left to go hunting).... please look at the last 2 pics and see what they did.....

PLEASE GIVE THEM A HARD TIME TONIGHT AT EDGE FEST!!!!!!!

ANYBODY HAVE A FORD WINDSHIELD?????

bburris
11-14-2004, 02:58 AM
How did they accomplish that?

robertf03
11-14-2004, 03:34 AM
thats a funny looking rover, I think the dealer screwed you

agjohn02
11-14-2004, 03:43 AM
if it were mine, they'd be paying for it. however, im sure you're trying to get laid so you'll foot the bill.

jerryg79
11-14-2004, 05:31 AM

If one of those chicks is the dealer that screwed him, I'd say he's a lucky man! :D

savvyaggie
11-14-2004, 12:04 PM

I have been restoring classic camaros and corvettes for about 4 years, and I have also been into chebbys... This was my first ford, and everybody was givin me a hard time about it since I never built mustangs..... so I took all the ford emblems off of it and put a land rover one on the back, just some :rainbow: **** that made the bronco end up with the Rover....

savvyaggie
11-14-2004, 12:11 PM
if it were mine, they'd be paying for it. however, im sure you're trying to get laid so you'll foot the bill.

It just a windshield and its just a truck that I have less than $1400 in... I bought it with one thing in mind, to have fun( for me or anybody that is with me, which includes those girls, and the guys from last weekend that caused the body damage on the passenger side)..... So I really don't give a **** what happens to it, I mean that is why i bought it.... It's not like it is DD or something that i even care about... It has one purpose, To have fun in......and to use for hunting....Hell, i'll just bust it all the way out, perminant safari windows!!!! use the dash as a gun rest....

agjohn02
11-14-2004, 09:23 PM
use the dash as a gun rest....

ive thought about trying to make the scouts windshield able to fold down for this very purpose.

TxCruzr
11-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Least the tires are alright. You need to put some dents before they take all the fun out of it.

savvyaggie
11-15-2004, 12:13 AM
Least the tires are alright. You need to put some dents before they take all the fun out of it.

true dat....

savvyaggie
11-15-2004, 12:41 AM
How did they accomplish that?

I don't know i never got a straight answer out of themmmm....

agjohn02
11-15-2004, 12:59 AM
i bet it had something to do with the picture taking on the hood.

savvyaggie
11-15-2004, 01:06 AM
i bet it had something to do with the picture taking on the hood.

No, they showed me the tree branch that did it.... They were going through a trail(while it was raining) that was real narrow... I just don't know if they slide into it or just did not see it or what....

stx4wheeler
11-15-2004, 01:36 AM
yeah when i asked them about it at the party they gave me the same answer, we didnt even know that it had happended and i was like holy cow how could you nto notice it, oh man.

savvyaggie
11-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Does anybody have a ford windshield laying around????

If not I know were I can get one for free, I just need the shield removal tools, anybody have them???

savvyaggie
11-15-2004, 07:04 PM
There is also a blue and white bronco that is located about a block away from me, he doesn't drive it much, maybe i can get that one... ;) ;) ;)

TxCruzr
11-16-2004, 12:56 AM
Just do a windshield swap at 3 in the morning...he'll never notice. Call me when this goes down :gigem:

agjohn02
11-16-2004, 01:08 AM
Just do a windshield swap at 3 in the morning...he'll never notice. Call me when this goes down :gigem:

just be sure to remove the TAMOR sticker from your first.

savvyaggie
11-16-2004, 01:40 AM
he got a new truck anyway, right.... he shouldn't mind....

savvyaggie
11-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Bought a windshield removal tool and got the shattered shield out yesterday. And I got the install **** to put a new one in. Now I just have find another windshield... anybody know of a ford sittin in field somewere???

Sharpe
12-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Will's. For $20 I'll give yo directions. Where'd you get that tool and how does it work, I want one.

savvyaggie
12-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Will's. For $20 I'll give yo directions. Where'd you get that tool and how does it work, I want one.

Got it for $9 plus shipping online... It has an L shaped blade. you just stick the L part down into the seal, turn it(to straighten it), and pull. You pull with the handle on the cable and keep the tool level with the other handle. I saw it used one time, and I knew I had to have one.... They work great...

savvyaggie
12-01-2004, 12:35 AM
like this

savvyaggie
12-01-2004, 12:36 AM
and it just seperates the glass from the tacky seal...

Sharpe
12-01-2004, 01:20 AM
Cool, I'll trade you ur shiney tool for directions to Will's perfectly ungaurded windshield.

william_ace
12-01-2004, 01:25 AM
hmmmmm i know i ganked a window off of a f150 at gordons that had a clean windsheild.....