PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Maintenence

Chadnutz
10-07-2004, 08:49 PM
What gear oil do the tranny, case and axles take on a late 90s Dodge?

fbronco86
10-07-2004, 10:01 PM
What gear oil do the tranny, case and axles take on a late 90s Dodge?

I am pretty sure they have this **** written down in some books :flipoff2:

aggieblazer07
10-07-2004, 10:34 PM
don't trucks come with some spanish book with that stuff in it? I think they call them a manuel?

Chadnutz
10-08-2004, 01:31 AM
Do I own a POS Dodge?

Chadnutz
10-08-2004, 08:01 AM
This is for my sister's boyfriend btw....

junior88mj
10-08-2004, 08:25 AM
i think the trans and transfer case should be syntheic ATF and 80w90 for the diffs you could call dodge parts and talk to george or brain they tell yea what it takes

robertf03
10-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Is this on a Dodge Caravan, or is it a Viper?

You know, the more I think about it, I'll bet that Dodge might even have made a few other vehicles in their run.

Jackasic
10-08-2004, 10:24 AM
i think they had a model called an Omni, but i could be wrong ....

robertf03
10-08-2004, 10:32 AM
They sure did. Probably makes for a good econo car.

Nuts, is this on an Omni? What kind of gas milage is your sister's boyfriend getting out of that thing?

Jackasic
10-08-2004, 11:12 AM
wow, good insite robert, i may have to look into one of those.

hey nutz, is this what it is, might help to narrow down the selection:

http://www.mcmsys.com/~neogeo/87%20Dodge%20Omni.jpg

robertf03
10-08-2004, 11:27 AM
It might even be a dynasty. Nutz, does it look more like this one?

Jackasic
10-08-2004, 11:43 AM
is he asian? this could be him ...

http://www-star.stanford.edu/~joonsuk/Pics/car.gif

Chadnutz
10-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Yeah, since all of those CARS have tcases and axleS....

Y'all really need to find something more constructive to do with your time... like get laid, or actually talk to girls... or graduate.... or pay your employees on time... or get a life....

texasxj
10-08-2004, 12:19 PM
MAKE SURE YOU put tranny fluid in your t-case-gear oil doesnt work well-kinda makes a rough shift-trust me i know from experience!!! the computer should say what to put in the tranny and tcase or just look at a book real quick. for your axles get a good heavyweight gear oil-get limited slip if you have a limited slip pos!!!! make sure none of it is synthetic unless you plan to run it all the time-good for old beat up stuff.

robertf03
10-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Yeah, since all of those CARS have tcases and axleS....

Y'all really need to find something more constructive to do with your time... like get laid, or actually talk to girls... or graduate.... or pay your employees on time... or get a life....

is it a 4 wheel drive van? is it an auto or standard? is it an all wheel drive converted neon? Is it a truck? Is it a ram? Maybe if you pulled your head out of your ass before asking a generic question that is answered in the owners manual you wouldn't catch ****.

And as far as I know, all late 90's Dodges have the glove box on the passenger side. I'd check there :rolleyes:

and if it wasn't so easy to get the generic chadnuts "get a life, I'm all roid raging out" comeback, maybe we wouldn't **** with you.

StevenAg03
10-08-2004, 01:10 PM
MAKE SURE YOU put tranny fluid in your t-case-gear oil doesnt work well-kinda makes a rough shift-trust me i know from experience!!! the computer should say what to put in the tranny and tcase or just look at a book real quick. for your axles get a good heavyweight gear oil-get limited slip if you have a limited slip pos!!!! make sure none of it is synthetic unless you plan to run it all the time-good for old beat up stuff.

remember kids...punctuation is your friend :flipoff2:

agjohn02
10-08-2004, 01:22 PM
if it has a nv4500, ive heard not to change the oil. it'll ruin the bearings. only add to it if its low.

Jackasic
10-08-2004, 02:05 PM
classic nutz comments - Robert you nailed right on the head.

I always love how Nutz only dig on me is "pay my employies on time". Since a) he has NEVER worked for mea and b) I have always paided my employies on time.

His constant statements about getting laid; steroids might be going to the wrong organ - try to think the the big head (and it is not the one in your shorts despite what your mom told you).

Chadnutz
10-08-2004, 02:20 PM
My lab parter worked for you a few times and he waited over a month once for money and could never reach you.....

Steroids? No, but thanks for the compliment.....

The truck is a 1998 or so 2500 with a cummins/5 spd/4x4. I have a glovebox in box in my truck and there is no owners manual in it. He asked me what to use, so I assumed he didn't have any documentation. I thought asking an easy enough question like this would get me the answer without much work, but apperently all the guys with insecurities came out of the woodwork to try to make themselves feel better. I'm glad I could help.

Jackasic
10-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Love how late on the second page you provide the useful info. Next time, go to an auto parts store, call the dealer or a lube shop - they are use to people who can't find the glove box.

So is the Mazda done yet? Didn't think so.

So are you going to charge him by the post, by the hour, or by the mile this time?

Chadnutz
10-08-2004, 03:44 PM
A coworker of mine got caught working on a friend's truck by the wrong person and we can no longer use the shop for personal vehicles.

uglyota
10-08-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear that :(

BigRedFord04
10-08-2004, 06:48 PM
i love chadnutz. he's so easy to make fun of and gets all riled up over anything.

this is the funniest thread i've read in a while.

...but to be on topic...i think those use kool-aid for blinker fluid. make sure none of the vented brake lines are clogged....and whatever you do...dont EVER put anything less than 93 octane in it. :gigem:

Chadnutz
10-08-2004, 08:05 PM
That's what I'm here for. :flipoff2: