PDA

View Full Version : Scout questions...

Cajun
07-28-2002, 07:50 AM
Well, the Scout has been moved to first in line for "development." I'm still thinking a few things over, but this is what we're sure about:

--Spring over with 44044s all the way around.
--Ford HP D60 front, full width. Probably ARB.
--Soft top, full cage.
--38.5" SXs
--16.5" beadlocks, either Avalanche or Rockstomper.

Here's what we're still pondering:

I want an EFI big block, period. 460 or 454, with either a C6 or 700r4. T-case choice is where the problem lies...The cheaper, easier solution would be to go Ford drivetrain, and NP205 to match the driver's side diff on the 60, and be done with it. Or, I could go GM drivetrain, with a ORD doubler to get the correct drop.($$$) Finally, I could just say "Fawk it" and go Atlas II with any friggin' tranny I want.($$$$)

I'm leaning towards the all Ford drivetrain, for the relative simplicity of the swap. Also, should we decide to add a Doubler down the road, no big deal. My concern is parts availability, both replacement and finding a donor to start with. Any problems with this I'm not seeing?

For the rear axle, I've got a 30 spline D60 that matches the front 60. Will this be enough axle to live with 38's, a big block, and Diya's heavy right foot? My first thought is yes, but I don't want to spend $$$ on a locker and then start breaking axleshafts.

I plan on doing some fender trimming, a cut-out style flare would be great, but nobody makes 'em for Scouts. IMO, full size GM ones are just too big on a Scout. I've heard of people using Dakota ones, but I've never seen any pics, so if any of y'all have some, or know where some are, let me know. So, the question is will the 44044s be enough to keep the tires from eating the fenders?

TIA for your input.

Fredo
07-29-2002, 05:31 AM
"Scout Questions"

***...what you're describing isn't a scout at all! I think you should have labeled this one, "thing with a scout body questions". :D

Cajun
07-29-2002, 07:26 AM
Well...it's currently a Scout:D

Wanna buy any Scout stuff?

Fredo
07-29-2002, 05:42 PM
Maybe, what all does that thing actually have that you're going to get rid of?

Cajun
07-29-2002, 08:22 PM
Here ya go...

http://63.111.90.8/forum/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=457

It's a '76, so I imagine you, being a 'Binder guru could better tell me what tranny and t-case it has. The axles will go up for sale as soon as I can get my shop suitable for work.

I'll deliver any of this to B/CS for gas money, and lunch:D

davido
07-31-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Cajun

Well, the Scout has been moved to first in line for "development."

It's a damn shame what that girl did to you. :nodding: Next thing you know, she'll be making you paint trim. :eek:

I'll deliver any of this to B/CS for gas money, and lunch:D

Holy hell, that whole rolling blue CF isn't worth having to buy YOU lunch. Who are you tryin' to kid.

:D ~dso

Cajun
08-02-2002, 07:04 AM
Tossers...

How should I put this? Oh yeah, fawk you! :D