PDA

View Full Version : Can someone show me how to check timing on a 350?

Sharpe
11-02-2004, 01:13 AM
I know I know, the most basic thing next to changing oil and I dont know how to do it. I've never had to. I'm having some issues with my TBI 350 and was wondering if someone could show me how to check the timing. I offer labor or :beer: for the help. I dont have a timing gun with me up here. Thx

fbronco86
11-02-2004, 11:39 AM
I know I know, the most basic thing next to changing oil and I dont know how to do it. I've never had to. I'm having some issues with my TBI 350 and was wondering if someone could show me how to check the timing. I offer labor or :beer: for the help. I dont have a timing gun with me up here. Thx

Its not hard. You need to find the spark out plug. Its a little jumper you have to pull out to set the timing. I am sure freddy knows right where it is. Once you have that pulled out just find number 1 plug hook up and read the mark on the harmonic balancer. Its a good idea to mark the balancer to make it easy to read I use white out.

Doug Krebs
11-02-2004, 02:47 PM
jumper is near the fuse block on the firewall, i believe it is below the steering column