PDA

View Full Version : Steering problems

aggiemudman
11-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Well ive been having some steering problems lately. Have an agr pump and box and is like i cant even turn sometimes. Like i have no power steering at all. Is this the pump or could it be the box?

Fredo
11-09-2004, 01:08 PM
hmmm...could be the pump....does it whine or anything? does it jolt, or just not steer at all?

aggiemudman
11-09-2004, 01:14 PM
no noise at all or vibrating or anything. Say i go to turn into my driveway i have to use both hands to forcefully turn the wheel. Many times i end up having to back up and go again. Its really starting to anger me.

Fredo
11-09-2004, 01:40 PM
does it leak?

aggiemudman
11-09-2004, 01:42 PM
nope

Fredo
11-09-2004, 02:01 PM
pump probably took a dump

robertf03
11-09-2004, 02:03 PM
add a big ass cooler
had that problem with my agr stuff

AggieTJ2007
11-09-2004, 02:39 PM
just asking but did you make sure there was enough fluid in the pump

aggiemudman
11-09-2004, 09:05 PM
ya its got plenty of fluid in it and its royal purple.....it does it when its cold too. How hard is it to add a cooler?

BigRedFord04
11-09-2004, 10:14 PM
adding a cooler is easy. find the return line to the pump (the one w/o fitting made onto the ends) and replace that line w/ a longer one with a cooler in the middle.

dont think it'll help tho...i too think the pump is poop.

i had to add the one circled on mine when i did the SAS b.c. the factory "cooler" lines ran down in the middle where i cut the engine x-member, as shown by the lissa-esque coloring. its just the smallest tranny cooler O`Reillys had on the shelf.

aggiemudman
11-09-2004, 10:52 PM
cool thanks. i guess ima get a new pump then. I think im gonna go with a psc though i hear theyre more kickass than agr. and i can get it cheaper.

:cheers:

Fredo
11-10-2004, 12:58 AM
cool thanks. i guess ima get a new pump then. I think im gonna go with a psc though i hear theyre more kickass than agr. and i can get it cheaper.

:cheers:

PSC is made up of the badasses that got fed up and left AGR to form their own company. Oddly enough, I was talking to them today about doing a pump and box on my scout. My pump died today and I just finished swapping in a spare off my parts scout. They seem like nice people and from talking to them, they really seem to know their ****. I'll probably be taking them my box sometime this week since they don't have any cores for Scout boxes.

BigRedFord04
11-10-2004, 01:01 AM
would that "parts scout" happen to be Belle? :D

Fredo
11-10-2004, 03:34 AM
no, actually, it was andre....belle still has a full in-tact steering system. High steering too....If I was an ass, my scout would be sprung over with 35's :D

aggiemudman
11-10-2004, 12:24 PM
ya psc is kickass stuff. No boundaries 4x4 back home is where i used to buy stuff and the guys dad that manages NB used to own AGR and he sold it and started PSC. He said that they take way better care and time to manufacture their products. Better machining and parts. Ill be callin him sometime soon.

dreed
11-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Agr sucks. I bought one of their boxes 2 yrs ago. the first one i got, i bolted just the steering shaft up, filled it with fluid turned the wheel and fluid started pouring out of the pitman arm seal like there was none. this was a brand new one right out of the box. sent it back, got another new one. less than 6 months later that one was leaking too, same place. sent it back. they replaced the seal. less than a year later and it is now leaking again. ****ers