PDA

View Full Version : Humidor wanted

JeepPhisherman
11-22-2004, 02:55 PM
I need a humidor for a little gift my brother just braught me from Cuba and for a couple Puros Indios I still have laying around from the last time he was here. So if anyone has one for sale, or has space in theirs for about 30 cigars let me know. Also, are there any cigar shops in town? I need a knew cutter.

Ben97XJ
11-22-2004, 03:13 PM
There is one the same shopping center as CiCi's on texas. There is a tobacco shop down off of South College on the left before villa maria.

robertf03
11-22-2004, 03:16 PM
JJ's has a bunch of stuff.

for a humidor, I use a wooden cigar box with this tube of gel crystal stuff that you fill with water and keep in the box. Cost around 5 bucks. Works pretty good as long as you remember to check it every few days and keep it full of water.

stinger7401
11-22-2004, 06:56 PM
I have a humidor i will be bringing back after the break if you still need a place to keep them, although 1 or 2 might be in order for lets say "rental".......

Sharpe
11-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Hey how bout some compensation for keeping your truck at my place... :gigem:

jerryg79
11-22-2004, 08:09 PM
I need a humidor for a little gift my brother just braught me from Cuba and for a couple Puros Indios I still have laying around from the last time he was here. So if anyone has one for sale, or has space in theirs for about 30 cigars let me know. Also, are there any cigar shops in town? I need a knew cutter.

I've got a pretty big humidor over here, if you wanna try to use it you are more than welcome. I bought it for some cubans i bought it mexico but it was too late for them :(

JeepPhisherman
11-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Anyone know if any of the cigar shops here are like cigar bars or whatever? We have quite a few at home where you can rent space in their humidor and you get a little private lock box for a very nominal fee. I'd just need it until xmas, as I will probably smoke them all then or leave them in my dads 500+ humidor.

edit: NM, i posted before I saw the responses about having humidors, I might have to pay someone off with 1 or 2 for some space in theirs.

savvyaggie
11-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Anyone know if any of the cigar shops here are like cigar bars or whatever? We have quite a few at home where you can rent space in their humidor and you get a little private lock box for a very nominal fee. I'd just need it until xmas, as I will probably smoke them all then or leave them in my dads 500+ humidor.

u can leave one at my house if you like :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BeachJeepin
11-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Nope, i've done my research.. College Station officially sucks at the whole cigar thing. JJ's really sucks compared to real cigar stores, though it is the best in town, and the place that I sneak into to buy cigars, since i'm not 21. A cigar bar would be nice... you really need to put that thing in a humidor.... you can make a temporary humidor for real cheap... just get like a tall jelly jar, put a damp sponge in it and stick the cigar in a zip-lock inside the jar and seal it up. If you're really desperate.. stick it in a zip lock and put it in the vegetable tray of your fridge... I'm on my way home tomorrow... if anyone is interested in me buying some Cubans while i'm in north mexico, let me know....

AgDieseler
11-23-2004, 12:21 AM
Cuban Montecristos, please! White labels if you can find them, and most any 50+ ring gauge Cohiba is fine, too.

As for College Station sucking in terms of Cigars, well...sort of. Supply is an issue if you're under 21. Too bad. As for pricing, that's different.

A. Fuente Short Stories typically go for $9.50 anywhere you're lucky enough to find them in a metroplex. JJ's has them for $4.95. Chateaus and D. Chateaus are about 50 cents cheaper, too. For a market with a fairly steady demand, and static supply, pricing sure doesn't seem to be an issue.

Find me at the next meeting; we'll talk about moving some merchandise for you young'uns. I hate to see some good smokers kept down by The Man.

:beer:

bburris
11-23-2004, 12:29 AM
I don't know that many of the "cubans" you find in Mexico are real cubans...so don't get hopes up.

Someone might have an in, though, so I could be wrong.

BeachJeepin
11-23-2004, 01:02 AM
you're right, but i know what to look for...

JeepPhisherman
11-23-2004, 02:33 AM
Also, I'm not the most avid smoker, I prefer my tobacco between my cheek and gum, so I'd be willing to share in my good fortune if anyone is interested.

Ben97XJ
11-23-2004, 04:29 AM
I am interested and when you drop mine off you can bring me mine SWR meter too! :gigem: