PDA

View Full Version : Next trip after christmas?

CRaSHnBuRN
12-11-2004, 08:22 PM
are there any plans for a trip sometime after christmas? even a day trip or something?

Shaggy
12-11-2004, 09:04 PM
there are not any on the calendar and noone has said anything about any yet

CRaSHnBuRN
12-11-2004, 10:50 PM
yeah, I looked at the calender and the meeting minutes, and nothing has been said, so I was curious. I can't go to clayton, but was hoping to go somewhere after christmas. The only problem is I need to know pretty soon so I can ask off

AggieTJ2007
12-12-2004, 12:34 AM
hopefully I will have the lift on my Jeep after christmas so we should make a trip out to Gilmer or somewhere like that close to Dallas and College Station

aggieblazer07
12-16-2004, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't mind going to Alto one of the weekends before class starts again. I'll be back in College Station on the 5th.

agjohn02
12-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Gil-mer, Gil-mer, Gil-mer, Gil-mer!!!

CRaSHnBuRN
12-16-2004, 10:58 PM
yeah, gilmer would be fun. I haven't been there yet. Cibilo creek could be fun to, but I remember there being a huge arguement about the legality of the last trip. How did that turn out? Is devils den still open, and is it any fun?

BMFScout
12-17-2004, 12:04 AM
yeah, gilmer would be fun. I haven't been there yet. Cibilo creek could be fun to, but I remember there being a huge arguement about the legality of the last trip. How did that turn out? Is devils den still open, and is it any fun?

oh ****, don't start this again. It isn't legal but you won't get in trouble. Nobody say anything else, please!

CRaSHnBuRN
12-17-2004, 08:03 AM
sorry, didn't mean to try to cause problems again. I actually just quit reading that post, and figured if anything did go wrong, it would be posted. Never heard anything else, so I didn't know. Cibolo creek was just the first place i ever went, so i thought I would throw that in. But enough about that. Any other suggestions? Any body else interested in some kind of trip?

Violentv8toy
12-17-2004, 01:33 PM
i am....granted its not too far.

texasxj
12-18-2004, 06:47 PM
den kicks butt in my opinion but that is really the only real spot that i have been to besides local self proclaimed 2/4 wheeling spots. i know a couple of guys that go to the den a lot.

uglyota
12-19-2004, 05:18 PM
I'll hit up cibolo as soon as my pile's back in shape

Tilloda
12-19-2004, 08:28 PM
im down

CRaSHnBuRN
12-19-2004, 09:08 PM
I'll hit up cibolo as soon as my pile's back in shape

what does it need? I'm still wanting to go somewhere, but alot of the parts I'm waiting on aren't showing up, and I just found out the trailer I wanted to use is spending the next month in south texas, so may or may not be able to go somewhere

uglyota
12-20-2004, 10:05 AM
what does it need?
you ready for this?
gotta finish building and installing drop hanger to keep my springs off my pitman.
gotta order and install banana shackles because even with the dropped pitman arm my springs are still gonna be too long
set up bumpstops once these are figured out
I may have front driveshaft problems with my axle moved forward after all this
and I still won't have front shocks
and my brake lines will be acting as limiting straps, so gotta swap those out
gotta put the dash back together
and put some appropriate-length ubolts in back
then figure out why it didn't start the last time I tried...hopefully just charge the battery
other than that, she's ready to roll!

BMFScout
12-22-2004, 03:15 PM
I like Gilmer, but I of course don't have a rig. There are camping spots there and showers, and if we go there we can see what a sprung over scout w/ an lt-1 will do...:)

AggieTJ2007
12-22-2004, 06:11 PM
I just ordered my lift today so it should be in some time next week and then i will put it on, so i would definetly be up for a trip in a couple of weeks before school starts

davido
12-23-2004, 12:43 AM
In! The bug has fully set in now. I've been Christmas shopping for the Cruiser. :D

CRaSHnBuRN
12-23-2004, 07:56 AM
yeah, i started shopping early too. Still waiting to see what I score for christmas. Is it wrong when the majority of the things you want for christmas are for your rig, and not yourself? I still have a few bugs to work out, and some mods I want to do, but if I'm done in time, I would like to try to go somewhere the 7-9th of january. Would that sound like a good time for every one else?