PDA

View Full Version : Clayton Information

stinger7401
12-12-2004, 12:48 AM
So heres the deal on the trails:

Old Lands:On Thursday I called the owner and talked to him, he said he was sending a key on Friday so I should have it by Monday or Tuesday. Everyone going to wheel in these areas or passengerS needs to sign a release form which I will have up there with me. THIS IS NOT NEGOTIABLE

Freilings Place: They have a sign in right inside the gate at the old gas pump with I believe a release form there. This is a $10 cover area that gets you access.

Green Acres: I have never wheeled there but I know its the same as Freilings place as far as cover and forms.

Both of these two places have excellent wheeling and I will suspect there will be at least 1 group a day heading out there. All I ask is that you don't give any grief about the $10 charge. Remember to bring cash so you can leave it in the box, this fee is nothing when you consider FWD letting use their lands, it is on the honor system so don't be tight or think its cool not to pay.

Anyways, I will try to get some sketchy maps for directions and rough trail sketchs if I can or maybe Scott or someone could help out with that. If there are any more updates Ill let yall know.

Il suo Presidente

Matt Conlee
12-12-2004, 05:16 PM
I have one map of all the old trails like snake pit, 3 stage, upper-lower powerline etc....
if you want to run some copies let me know.

also for those of you who have never been to clayton this link is old but it has some good pics of alot of the more challenging trails. http://www.4x4now.com/troksw98.htm

Doug Krebs
12-12-2004, 07:05 PM
I know I'm gay, but i've been looking for gps coordinates and found a couple on the internet... let me know if anyone wants them

jmancuso
12-12-2004, 08:01 PM
I dont care if you are gay, I want them!

J Cooper
12-12-2004, 08:04 PM
i want them too....

Graystroke
12-12-2004, 08:12 PM
yeah, post them up or PM them.

Graystroke
12-12-2004, 08:13 PM
question: Do you still have to by the Oklahoma Land Access License or what ever it was called? Or is that only needed over in the area by Bus Line?

Doug Krebs
12-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Ok crackers, here are the coordinates... i'm going to upload them in an word doc in 2 different formats, I'm also including a map I found.

I've also found a shareware program that is super. http://www.gpsu.co.uk] ( [url) http://www.gpsu.co.uk[/URL] This guy lets me download and upload coordinates to my gps. It also has some cool features like being able to download a map and plug in 2 coordinates to calibirate the map. It's pretty kick ass for free, I'm going to bring it on my shatty laptop so I can play with it at night because i'm gay.

Doug Krebs
12-13-2004, 10:57 PM
God am I gay... I downloaded topo maps and mapped the gps points onto it, I admit it, I spank it to this kinda stuff!

J Cooper
12-13-2004, 11:06 PM
damn.. can i just drop of my GPS and a couple beers and let you just up load all that into mine.... just dont spank it on my screen

Doug Krebs
12-13-2004, 11:16 PM
what kinda GPS do you have? do you have the cable that interfaces with a computer? If you have a magellan we can use my cable to load all the crap...

uglyota
12-14-2004, 09:51 AM
I've got a garmin cable if anyone needs one

J Cooper
12-14-2004, 02:11 PM
merchandise

i know there are alot of out of town guys going on this trip... if you want us to bring any merchandise please post up what you would like... i will bring some fleeses and beanies but everything else you need to let me know so that im sure to take it along

redcagepatrol
12-14-2004, 02:32 PM
So heres the deal on the trails:

Old Lands:On Thursday I called the owner and talked to him, he said he was sending a key on Friday so I should have it by Monday or Tuesday. Everyone going to wheel in these areas or passengerS needs to sign a release form which I will have up there with me. THIS IS NOT NEGOTIABLE

Freilings Place: They have a sign in right inside the gate at the old gas pump with I believe a release form there. This is a $10 cover area that gets you access.

Green Acres: I have never wheeled there but I know its the same as Freilings place as far as cover and forms.

Both of these two places have excellent wheeling and I will suspect there will be at least 1 group a day heading out there. All I ask is that you don't give any grief about the $10 charge. Remember to bring cash so you can leave it in the box, this fee is nothing when you consider FWD letting use their lands, it is on the honor system so don't be tight or think its cool not to pay.

Anyways, I will try to get some sketchy maps for directions and rough trail sketchs if I can or maybe Scott or someone could help out with that. If there are any more updates Ill let yall know.

Il suo Presidente
Both Green Acres and Freilings place is layed out very well. Each system of trails has a main road to which all of the trails start and end and all of the trails are well labeled with trail ratings. I would highly recomend ALL of us going to these places and breaking up into different groups for different trails. I have wheeled most of Freilings and really want to check out Green Acres.
As for me on the old trails: I plan on running down snake pit and up lower power line without taking the bypasses. I also wouldn't mind running Jim and Juanita's again.
on Freilings - I want to run the staircase
On Green Acres - I want to run it all...
night runs on the old stuff - on the one where we got stuck in the rain one night...

As far as the money - please come prepared with cash, we are always looking to make a good impression and to help support these trails.

Nick,
Do you have directions to Green Acres? Is there a combo lock at Freilings? Do we enter the old land by the old charcoal plant for 3 stage still?

stinger7401
12-14-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm still waiting to here back from Nolan Grogan and Mike Green on Green Acres but haven't heard anything.

Freilings: I talked to Mr. Freiling yesterday and he said that his place would be opened all weekend for some drilliing or something so the gate will be unlocked. He said just to make sure that everyone checked in at the gas pump and paid. Other than that he was cool with everything.

That should just about cover it, just waiting to hear back about Green Acres, I will call if I dont here anything by tomorrow morning.

The old lands: We are supposed to enter under the power lines, at least thats where the gate is that I have a key for. Not sure exactly where that is but it shouldnt be to hard to find. I have release forms for everyone that will be on that land to sign and will be bringing them with me.

stinger7401
12-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Got an email from Nolan this morning, Green Acres is right in town and doesnt need a code or anything, we just have to cut through Slims 4x4 shop and pay him

redcagepatrol
12-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Got an email from Nolan this morning, Green Acres is right in town and doesnt need a code or anything, we just have to cut through Slims 4x4 shop and pay him
Now that's pretty damn cool...

AgDieseler
12-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Green acres is some good ****. Better not go too early. Slim shows up around 10am...if he's not hungover from moonshine. You think I'm bull****tin', but I've seen it with my own two eyes. Did anybody hear banjos playing just then?

Matt Conlee
12-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Deliverance here we come. I bet Krebs is gettin all excited

TxCruzr
12-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Deliverance here we come. I bet Krebs is gettin all excited

No, I think he was already getting excited in post #8 & #9.