PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

Chadnutz
12-22-2004, 11:56 PM
What did we decide was the best exhaust shop in town?
How much can I expect to dish out for a new muffler and the labor to install the cat, muffler and resonator?

BigRedFord04
12-23-2004, 12:08 AM
mcallister's sucks....i had mine done at bryan muffler....and redone....and redone....and redone....go to Rusty Muffler across from Vilas....he was the last one to redo mine and it turned out good. my old roommate jason had his done there too and he was satisfied. seemed pretty cheap.

davido
12-23-2004, 12:33 AM
I'm guessing you didn't search.

Bryan Muffler did mine. They seem to have done a pretty good job and their pricing was more than fair. This was the only neg part. The truck didn't run when I brought it in. They said they would test it for leaks when I got it running. They were very helpful getting it pushed back on the trailer. For those that helped me do that a couple of times, you know that's no small feat. When I brought it back, about a month later, they tried to charge me to fix the leaks around the manifolds. They tried to tell me taht the manifolds were off when I brought them in (which they were, fresh off of ebay) so they could not verify that they could even be sealed. I told them I thought it was just not sealing on the gasket. We came to an agreement that they would fix the gasket and tighten everything down and if it still wasn't fixed, then they ere not responsible for fixing it. It fixed it. I left satisfied.

savvyaggie
12-23-2004, 02:22 AM
Hands down....Randy's muffler shop in Hearne Texas....20 minutes from here... He is $100 cheaper on true duals then anybody in BCS, and everything he does is custom, no prefab BS.. and you can get aluminumized pipe for a few pennies more...