PDA

View Full Version : Plans for the Range Rover?

Graystroke
12-27-2004, 12:18 PM
What do ya'll think of this edited photo? I wouldn't be the first to do something along these lines. I figured after Clayton that nobody is going to by my POS and I own it about three times over...so, what do you think? And the axles would be swapped for some kind of junk yard variety. Same suspension set-up, coils all around. I want to extend the WB to around 107", so I may just hack out the whole back quarters and use the original rear suspension mounts w/ longer arms. ...Could home brew a three-link front,,,haven't decided. The rear doors would just be easy access to storage behind the seat. The window frames on my truck unbolt. input please. I attached an unmolested photo for anyone who wants to play. I am not a master at Paint. :flipoff2:
Edit: well apparently I didn't save an unedited pics of my truck. You can use the pics of the black one. This one we picked up for $1K! This thing runs like a champ (way better than mine). And is super clean under the hood. Thats how it looked when we bought it. The guy said it didn't run when we went over. winched it on the trailer, brought it home, put a new battery in it and it started right up. funny.

BMFScout
12-27-2004, 12:44 PM
attach a pic asshat :flipoff2: I haven't even seen it yet and I can tell you it is :rainbow:, I think the first order of business is to buff out that scratch on the driver's door ;)

Graystroke
12-27-2004, 12:47 PM
calm down MR. I have nothing bettere to do at work! The Pics were too big. PS I finally got a digicam. We should start a new section "Grayson's Pics" on the board.

BMFScout
12-27-2004, 12:49 PM
yeah we'll put it in the "Jokes" section, and you're right bored as hell...

BigRedFord04
12-27-2004, 06:01 PM
dammit....someone give me photoshop

nick, dont you have a server you can upload it to that i can d/l from?

jwingfield2k
12-27-2004, 06:36 PM
austin, message me on aim: jwingfield2k
i'll send ya a copy

uglyota
12-28-2004, 12:39 AM
needs coilovers poking through the hood...
looks like a lot of work for something that will end up beat to crap on the rocks, even if it turns out as nice as you'd like... I guess this is becoming trail-only? Why not cut the top off, add a cage and have a canvas top made to work with it? Can you extend the links on the current front suspension to move the axle forward? Cuz that looks like a lot of fender trimming/firewall tubbing to go much bigger with the tires

BigRedFord04
12-28-2004, 01:14 PM
wingfield gave sent me photoshop 7.0 last nite thru AIM....only had to be restarted like 5 times and took all day....but i got it....guess he is good for something afterall.

grayson's up, who's next? :D

BigRedFord04
12-28-2004, 02:14 PM
here ya go. bigger tires again, extended wheel base by a few inches in the back, as well as some lift. i dont see how you're going to make the top work like that tho. btw...i think the 2 door version kinda looks like a scout :flipoff2:

Graystroke
12-28-2004, 04:51 PM
The only thing in the front well is the fire wall. 37's start hitting. Remember all my sheet metal is aluminum, cuts like a hot knife thru butter...or like a sawsall thru thin aluminum sheet. I like the two door look austin. the truck is like an erector set. The rear quarters unbolt w/o taking out the rear glass, the roof unbolts, doors and door tops come off real easy. ask me how I know! both rear qrters can come off in about half an hour tops.