PDA

View Full Version : ferd 7.3L

Shaggy
12-29-2004, 01:02 AM
well since i can't find any help to move it i decided to take it apart and move it in managable pieces... i also wanted to see if there was anything seriously wrong with it.. overall it just looks like it has just had normal wear... 265k worth of wear that is.. a standard 40 over and a cheap rebuild and i think it would run pretty good... i dont have anything to put it in so i guess it will be stored in the junkyard... my backyard that is

http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/lonestar/album38/1896_G.sized.jpg

here is the rest of the pics... i will finish tearing it apart tomorrow and use a couple bags of absorb all so the storage people dont banish me for life... there is transmission fluid and oil leaking out of the door into the alley... i tried to catch as much of it with a oil pan but was mostly unsuccessful... if anyone wants to come by and help me one person would help a lot to get the heavy ass block in my truck
http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/lonestar/album38

Shaggy
12-29-2004, 11:55 AM
the storage place called first thin this morning to let me know somethin was leaking out the door... she thouht something might have frozen... im gonna head over there and finish it up in a little while when the fog clears up.... its yucky out right now

bburris
12-29-2004, 01:33 PM
I hope no one has anything of value in the adjacent units...

Shaggy
12-29-2004, 03:51 PM
ya it looks like it seaped through the rear wall a little... it may have not but if it did it isnt much... i have made much progress and should have it all out of there and cleaned up by the end of the day... does anyone wanna help me lift this block and tranny into the bed of my truck... i can probably get it if noone helps but it isnt gonna be easy

JB
12-29-2004, 07:19 PM
i was at the junkyard on 21 and they got a complete 7.3 w/ turbo still in a white f250. dunno if they are parting out the motor or not, but if someone is looking for a turbo, you might go ask.

Shaggy
12-30-2004, 07:28 PM
i got it all moved and cleaned up yesterday... i just need help unloading the crap out of the bed of my truck... the rest of the pics are up on that same link