PDA

View Full Version : d44 vs d30

bigFAWKINranger
08-10-2002, 12:41 AM
this is kinda gettin away from the whole point of the FOR SALE forum... so i moved ithere....
d44---
i don't have extra cash RIGHT NOW for the conversion, and need to do the swap pretty quick... i also don't have the connecting rod for the d44 steering... and i'll need perches bc it was sprung under.... width isn't exactly the same, but its not a great concern..
start makin suggestions on how the hell to get a CHEAP shaft conversion and steering linkage and i'll use it.

oh yeah... and now i'll have to buy NEW RIMS again bc the ones i have now won't work...

d30---
has spring over perches, came off yj just as did the springs i already purchased, same bolt pattern and same track width, oh, and i have all but the drag link as far as steering is concerned.

with the d30 i pretty much can put spring hangers up front and a saginaw steering box on the frame and it will be streetable.... then change gears in the 30 to match the rear... and it'll be mildly trailable... the 44 requires conversion of this, and purchase of that, and different width this and that....seeems to me i should go with what i have for now... and i can get another 44 when i'm ready.

suggestions?