PDA

View Full Version : corpus junkyarding

J Cooper
01-04-2005, 03:19 PM
went to the junk yard to find some wiring harnesses for my vehicles...

1st yard first hood i open... complete GM harness with computer..... $60... he asked for $50 but at first but i told him to just keep it since he thought i wanted just the harness... so i actually payed $10 for the computer

2nd yard... need toyota harness... complete 22re harness with fuse box and all relays.... $75

so now i have everything i need for the GM swap on the jeep. mins synsors

and now i have a complete non sr5 non chopped up harness for the toyota... that has the open circuit relay that was missing from the other harness

BMFScout
01-04-2005, 06:55 PM
I though gm computers were free with admission?
Sounds like good prices to me, nice score

J Cooper
01-04-2005, 10:14 PM
they dont charge for admission to junk yards there, its pretty much make the guy an offer and see what hes says

Sharpe
01-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Dammit if I had known you were going I would have joined you. I've only been to one yard over in kingsville and I'm curious as to whats out there ***.

Sharpe
01-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Well I myself went junkyarding today. But first I spent an hour and a half on the phone calling every damn yard in the area looking for a passenger side drop NP241 for the burb. Out of the 25 or so I called I think 10 spoke fluent english. Anyway I located one for a decent price at Ray's Auto parts in corpus so I drove over there from kingsville. Now on the phone I was very clear about what I wanted, passenger side drop case out of 89-91 Blazer or suburban. So I get there and he shows me a few cases and they are all driver's side drop or NP208's. So we go in the office and he gets on the phone and starts calling around then says they have one at the other yard. So I drive over to the other yard and holy **** its an honest 30 acres of solid cars and trucks. So when I get there they say the truck they thought had the case I needed turned out to be a 2wd (on top of that it wasnt the right year anyway). So I get to mosying around the yard and see alot of useless **** but then the idea hits me, I need 30 amp relays. I figure I just drove all over the goddam coastal bend for nothing so I damn well better have something to show for it. So by the time they finally asked me to leave because they were closing, I had 35 30 amp relays, 6 15 am relays, about 2 dozen bigass fuses, and 1 dozen of each medium and small fuses, plus a nice 3/4" shackle I found. I managed to fit all this **** on my person without them noticing. I had like 10 relays in each boot, every pocket in my jeans stuffed full of fuses and the pockets of my carhart were half full of fuses when they closed. Not a bad haul if I do say so myself ***. 30 amp relays go for like $3 apiece new so I came out over $100 ahead. Sweet. Anyone need a 30 amp relay?

agjohn02
01-07-2005, 12:37 AM
i hate theives...

BigRedFord04
01-07-2005, 12:39 AM
i would've caught you ;)

BMFScout
01-07-2005, 01:04 AM
I hate thieves too, but mexican junkyards are a different story. It is useless to call junkyards, they never know what they have, and when they say they have it they are either guessing or lying...

jerryg79
01-07-2005, 08:27 AM
I hate thieves too, but mexican junkyards are a different story. It is useless to call junkyards, they never know what they have, and when they say they have it they are either guessing or lying...

I'd have to agree with jimmy, if they actually know what you are talking about and actually have it,they probably will want you to pay out the ass anyway.

robertf03
01-07-2005, 10:24 AM
I went to one to get the ecm for my grand project. Had banners hanging up saying it would be 10.99 and they tried telling me it was a $75 pulse air meter, whatever the fawk that is. They'll screw you any chance they get, so I consider it fair game.

uglyota
01-09-2005, 04:19 PM
christmas is over, what are you gonna do with 40 relays? Ebay?

Well I myself went junkyarding today. But first I spent an hour and a half on the phone calling every damn yard in the area looking for a passenger side drop NP241 for the burb. Out of the 25 or so I called I think 10 spoke fluent english. Anyway I located one for a decent price at Ray's Auto parts in corpus so I drove over there from kingsville. Now on the phone I was very clear about what I wanted, passenger side drop case out of 89-91 Blazer or suburban. So I get there and he shows me a few cases and they are all driver's side drop or NP208's. So we go in the office and he gets on the phone and starts calling around then says they have one at the other yard. So I drive over to the other yard and holy **** its an honest 30 acres of solid cars and trucks. So when I get there they say the truck they thought had the case I needed turned out to be a 2wd (on top of that it wasnt the right year anyway). So I get to mosying around the yard and see alot of useless **** but then the idea hits me, I need 30 amp relays. I figure I just drove all over the goddam coastal bend for nothing so I damn well better have something to show for it. So by the time they finally asked me to leave because they were closing, I had 35 30 amp relays, 6 15 am relays, about 2 dozen bigass fuses, and 1 dozen of each medium and small fuses, plus a nice 3/4" shackle I found. I managed to fit all this **** on my person without them noticing. I had like 10 relays in each boot, every pocket in my jeans stuffed full of fuses and the pockets of my carhart were half full of fuses when they closed. Not a bad haul if I do say so myself ***. 30 amp relays go for like $3 apiece new so I came out over $100 ahead. Sweet. Anyone need a 30 amp relay?

Sharpe
01-09-2005, 10:23 PM
There's always next year.