PDA

View Full Version : Ouray, Colorado

jmancuso
08-11-2002, 04:52 AM
[URL=http://user.txcyber.com/~heavy/CJT.html]
A video clip from my trip to Ouray with the "Stinger". Works best with Internet Explorer, and Windows Media Player.

StevenAg03
08-11-2002, 10:20 AM
i think he might have been a bit scared.....

Jackasic
08-11-2002, 01:03 PM
just LITTLE, at least the carb was still running.:rolleyes:

here is the link for ya'

Nick chill'n in CO (http://user.txcyber.com/~heavy/CJT.html)

Chadnutz
08-12-2002, 09:14 AM
the script...

Camera Man: "Man Nick, this is bad ass."

Nick: "NO IT'S NOT! GET ME OUT OF HERE! ****!"

hahahah, i know the feeling.

Krawler68
08-12-2002, 09:19 AM
from where? The river? There sure is some hairy **** down there! :flipoff2: :rolleyes:

From the looks of that video and being on some of those trails the week before I doubt you'll ever know how that felt.

Frankly I'm laughin they put that little CJ up there... poor bastards... It did look a little steep for my taste, especially with some of the drop offs around there?

Chadnutz
08-12-2002, 11:15 AM
Hairy or not, I was sliding off into a 12? foot deep ditch - sideways. If not for a select few members of the club I would have had some serious body damage. No thanks to your laughter at the time and your ass hole comments now.

StevenAg03
08-12-2002, 11:30 AM
ahhh shiat....here we go again....

Krawler68
08-12-2002, 11:48 AM
:D :D :D

Cajun
08-12-2002, 12:13 PM
Hmm...If this link were to make it's way over to the Pirate BBS...

StevenAg03
08-12-2002, 04:21 PM
that would be great andy......i would do it but im at work..

stinger7401
08-12-2002, 09:59 PM
OK in rebuttle to some some of the sorriest mo-fo's out there (ie Krawler) here we go!

Krawler,
If you where on that trail and you did opt to pass up that spot, by the way the one that doesn't have any serious drop offs near it, I want to know for one what trail do you think that was and two, what vehicle did you take up there? I know your truck couldn't have made it and surely not the stock, white walled, EB. Next, that little cj, oh yeh the one with the 4.3 chevy TBI and SM 465 with a detroit , is NOT carborated and two the sorry bastard of a driver was me!! Eat shiat!!

In the same spot 15 minutes later matt conlee with his rig lost his left front inner and outer axle shafts while blowing the knuckle/spindle clear off the axle housing taking both ball joints with it!!

Oh yeh what vehicle again did you take up that trail?

Cajun
08-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Holy JU sig, Batman!

Krawler68
08-13-2002, 08:18 AM
Nick I wasn't sying ANYTHING bad about you...I was awed y'all put that little CJ up there... no sorry bastard, just crazy ones... that's a complement.

I was up black bear and red cone in my powerstroke the weekend before you came up... so YES I can make some of those trails (not smart, but I was running with some guys from Montrose who had my ass covered). I'm not sure what trail that was...not much backgroud help, but it looks pretty bad... especially for a little (stature wise, not capability, I'm sure it's a very capable little rig) rig like yours... I would have said the same thing if I'd seen my Powerstroke or another equvalent rig there.

and what white walled EB are we talking about?

EDIT: BTW about the drops...I was talking about such trails as Red cone and Black Bear where there are thousand foot drops beside a lot of obstacles... I wheel a lot more carefully in CO, because of the terrain... didn't know the specific terrain around that shot... just making a generalism.

StevenAg03
08-13-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Krawler68
I wheel a lot more carefully in CO, because of the terrain... didn't know the specific terrain around that shot... just making a generalism.

do you wheel CO as safely as you wheel Lions Back in Utah? If so then that is some safe wheelin your doin...

Krawler68
08-13-2002, 02:48 PM
:FLIPOFF2: ***!!! actually I wheel everywhere a little safer than I DID at Lion's back... including doing Lion's Back at this time... but CO is a different deal... some of those trails are insanely dangerous if you make a big mistake.