PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee DS

Mud King
01-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I need a 90's Jeep Cherokee front driveshaft that has the CV on the case end. i have searched all over houston for one and nobody has any or they're already been pulled. Found one guy that has a bunch of them but they're off of 03 and 04 (he says) and wants 100 a peice for one. i also need the CV yoke so i can bolt it up to my 231. I fealt this price was a little high in the fact that i am sending to tom woods to get long traveled. Any help?!

bburris
01-07-2005, 05:39 PM
I have one as a spare, but I paid about $75-80 shipped on ebay, then had it retubed to the specs I needed. You may try there to see if you can get a better deal...

agjohn02
01-07-2005, 11:38 PM
ive got one. let me see how my front shaft works out and ill let you know.

Mud King
01-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys but that idea aint gonna work, i finally found a brand new cherokee shaft on friday and was about to buy it until iasked the guy if i could go try it on the truck went out there and bolted up the transfer case end and the thing maxed out about 3/4 of the way to the output on the axle. theres no way a CV shaft is gonna work the operating angles are way too extreme! It wouldnt even connect! I guess its back to the drawing board and i guess im gonna have to pay nine prices for one of those new fangled extreme angle shafts that operates like at 60 degrees or something. Hell i dont know all i do know is i miss four wheel drive bad!!!

BigRedFord04
01-08-2005, 07:54 PM
clock the transfer case maybe? then build a bad boy skidplate underneath.

william_ace
01-11-2005, 02:14 PM
what about a drive shaft like mario built. thing seems pretty sturdy to me.