PDA

View Full Version : Why I want to move back to Fort Worth.

Graystroke
01-16-2005, 06:45 PM
170 yrds of concrete, some metal, and you can make one of these. It won't take long to fill it. trust me. some pics look morphed b/c I blended the pics. The two compressors I picked up for $50 a piece. they also came w/ really nice powered air dryers. the scissor lift makes a nice tow vehicle when your POS has no engine or steering wheel! (see other thread for mentioned POS).

Graystroke
01-16-2005, 06:47 PM
pics of my good buy

Shaggy
01-16-2005, 07:11 PM
i would kill for a shop like that

robertf03
01-16-2005, 07:57 PM
very nice, is this at your dad's place?

let me know if you want to break it in by storing a scout out there :D

AgDieseler
01-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Very nice. You're right about filling up space. No matter how much there is, there's always something to fill it.

BMFScout
01-16-2005, 10:03 PM
when you go to get the banded v belts for that compressor let me know, they are about 80 bucks or so, I know a guy though...

jerryg79
01-17-2005, 08:28 AM
pics of my good buy

that's a good deal right? :flipoff2:

Graystroke
01-31-2005, 10:48 AM
An addition b/c you know every shop to be considered a shop has to have a fork lift...my mom is thrilled! :D The other pic is of my Dad putting up another row of lights with the scissor lift that we are "storing" for the contractor. ;)
edit: looking at the pic it looks electric w/ the cord out the back. The lift truck is a Allis-Chalmers w/ a little flat-head Continental motor in it, I think. It has a side draft carb and points ignition. It does have an electric fuel pump, which I thought was weird. Looks easy to work on. Definitely doesn't meet the EPA's new Clean Air Act...but what do you expect for $800 bucks!

Sharpe
01-31-2005, 11:52 AM
I know what you mean man its hard leaving a place like that. Here's a couple pics of my shop but I dont have a forklift :( First from the front then from the back.

stinger7401
01-31-2005, 08:52 PM
If you really want to get into this we can :flipoff2:

for real tho, that shop looks sweet grayson, now it just needs a bunch of junkers fillin it up..... :gigem:

jerryg79
01-31-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty sure he's got the junkers part covered :flipoff2:

Graystroke
01-31-2005, 10:33 PM
yes plenty of junkers (5 Studebakers, 3 Range Rovers, my '61 Landie in the pic, 2 boats, a camper, '46 Chevy two ton, 18' car hauler, and a 34' gooseneck, and a tractor)and the car lift is on the list...he has talked of getting two of them.

Graystroke
06-27-2006, 11:28 PM
We picked this up from a friend (is he really a friend for pawning this off on us?)...Anywho, we will make use of it. Should come in handy putting up some pole barns we have been trying to build down at the farm and one for the dozer at the shop. It is called a Sky Witch (I didn't make that up) by Ditch Witch. What's scary is that it was probably made before OSHA really had any kind of presence on at the job place :eek: !
You have to tow it around and it runs off of 110V. I like the car tires for rough terrain which should come in handy on the farm. It also has a telescoping ladder on one end. There are controls both down on the chassis and remote ones on the platform. It would have been great for Aggie Alley or may come in handy at NASCAR events and Swap Meets! :D

Graystroke
06-27-2006, 11:32 PM
The original stabilizer screw thingy's were missing and fawked up so we made a trip down to the local Harbor Freight and picked up four swing away trailer jacks. Welded them on and problem solved. I also attache some D-rings on all four corners so it can be strapped down to a trailer more easily when we haul it any kind of distance.

Matt Conlee
06-28-2006, 11:07 PM
just let some labor readies test it out.