PDA

View Full Version : Got a little story for you ags...

Krawler68
08-13-2002, 09:10 AM
Wiring on the EB needs a little (read: lots) work, radiator should be in next week... steering column mounted to roll cage... windshield needs to be cut off... tach needs mounting... and that is where the story starts.

I can't recommend West Texas offroad enough... my tach has sat outside for over a year... and I've been wondering whether it would even work... well I explained this to Matt (the owner) after he explained the tach had been stolen out of the EB... but despite my reassurances i could replace it when I got the EB back he insists on buying a new one for me... now that's how a business should be run.

West Texas Offroad is a really great shop, and Matt Hodges is a great guy to deal with... if ANYBODY needs anything service related and can get there I highly recommend him. Ask Cody Ainsworth... his YJ was built by Matt.

StevenAg03
08-14-2002, 03:36 AM
i thought you were gonna have this cat fix the wiring problems that you had....so are you back to the same point when it left here last?

and why are you cutting the windshiled off?

Krawler68
08-14-2002, 05:12 PM
he is fixing the wiring... it's way better than it was when i left...but I don't feel like spending all day expounding on what has been done.

I'm cutting the windshield off because James wants the frame, and I don't like it... I'm going to use a piece of lexan and some dzus fasteners to put it on.

StevenAg03
08-15-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Krawler68
he is fixing the wiring... it's way better than it was when i left...but I don't feel like spending all day expounding on what has been done.

I'm cutting the windshield off because James wants the frame, and I don't like it... I'm going to use a piece of lexan and some dzus fasteners to put it on.

why on earth are you just gonna run a piece of lexan? what are you gonna do about windshiled wipers....please dont tell me your re-thinking the idea of going with out a windshield and wearing goggles on the street...

Krawler68
08-16-2002, 08:23 AM
rethinking...it's already done...and I won't be wearing goggles...it'll be nothing...had a long talk with our local DPS man...he was pretty cool and assured me i could get it inspected w/o a windshield. while I want to pull the windshield frame...I still want something up there to block the wind on cold mornings, keep the dust out of my eyes on trail runs and such...SOOOOOO I decided I'd use lexan. Bad reasoning?

Windshield wipers we don't need no stinking windshield wipers... not like I have a top anyway.

BigRedFord04
08-16-2002, 09:45 AM
i know it is possible to get it inspected w/o a windshield...look @ all the people who build buggies from VWs. On the other hand, if you use lexan, you have to make it removeable for when time for inspection comes around. even if its not a windshield, you cant pass w/o a wiper.

-Former Certified State Inspector

Krawler68
08-16-2002, 10:48 AM
hence the reference to Dzus fasteners... you boys just don't listen to what i have to say... :p

BigRedFord04
08-17-2002, 01:42 AM
sorry, but i have to play the newbie and ask....what the fuk are dzus fastners? sounds canadian to me....

BigRedFord04
08-18-2002, 04:16 PM
ahhh....cheap plastic hood pins...

Krawler68
08-18-2002, 04:32 PM
huh? are you suggesting a solution or making an analogy? They are nothing like cheap plastic hoodpins...they are made of steel and are REALLY durable...

AgDieseler
08-18-2002, 06:52 PM
I recently worked with some clear lexan on my parents Airstream. We used it for a skylight replacement lens. We bought it and had it cut at The Home Depot, and it was really cheap. It's not optics quality, but I doubt that matters on the EB. All in all, a real good value.

Straight from the Jugs catalog: