PDA

View Full Version : IH Roundup October 18th

BMFScout
08-13-2002, 03:34 PM
The IH Roundup, put on by North Texas Binders is the 18th of October in Gilmer. I know there will be IH related events, I think there is even a "show and shine", but there will be plenty of trail runs planned. I am actually signed up as a "trail leader" so watch out :D It should be fun, and close, the normal allure of Gilmer. The admission is just BMRA admission last I heard, I will post more as I know more.

Jackasic
08-13-2002, 05:28 PM
I'm there.:D I have not had Thumper out since our pre-Christmas run to OK. I think i'll install some rock slider I found on my back porch though:rolleyes: . never have here from that dork, i guess they are mine.

BMFScout
10-08-2002, 01:26 PM
Just a reminder that I will be going up to Gilmer the weekend of the 18th to hang out with the Scout freaks ;) I will take along the necessary tools to do a little repair work on Airstrip, but as far as I remember it is mostly self sufficient, anything anyone can think of that needed help on airstrip last time you guys were out there? I am planning on heading to Dallas and then gilmer so that I can get the Dragula to sleep in. I think Brandini said he is going to try to leave from College Station Saturday morning early. I will be out at gilmer Friday night for anyone that wants to join up. It should be a really cool weekend, come out and show up the scout freaks...

Jackasic
10-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Yea, I'm going to head up saturday early. Need to get my front disk brakes on though. Think I'll start on that tomorrow since the VW is now running smoooooth.

mark
10-09-2002, 05:51 AM
You should really stick to your normal schedule and start on the brakes sometime around Sunday afternoon.

-Mark

Jackasic
10-09-2002, 07:37 AM
you are probably right, but I am getting rained out today, so I guess I will go ahead and start the disasembly. Jimmy and Fred, got any big plans today?

BMFScout
10-09-2002, 01:14 PM
yeah, replace my power steering pump, try to get my rear POS drums to start working again, and time my tired ass old motor, I have a new name for the motor in Scout: Smoko Ono, one annoying old bitch...

Fredo
10-17-2002, 12:31 AM
Just bringing this post back up to the top to remind the people who want to go that the trip is this weekend. So.....basically, I'm reminding myself, Jimmy, and Brandon.:D

Jackasic
10-17-2002, 12:52 AM
There is a run this weekend?!? oh **** I better start wrenching:rolleyes:

Thanks Jimmy, Fred, Eric, Grayson, Kollins, and Mark for helping out so far.

Stuff finnished:

1) front drums now converted to disks, with new 25" long kustom lines:tumbup:

2) Pulled intake and valley pan. re-installed V pan, waiting on gaskets for manifold to go back on.

3) new key cyclenoid gear installed , she starts now!

Stuff left to do:

1) install manifold

2) locate and install new proportioning valve

3) bleed brakes

4) drill holes for set screws in stearing colum

Clayton here I come!! (Gilmer damnit, Gilmer)

BMFScout
10-17-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Jackasic

Clayton here I come!!

Have fun in Clayton, if you see any scout guys there, tell them there is a run at Gilmer this weekend, and there will be a bunch of other scout guys there as well... :) Fred, you forgot that lissa and the Grabber Green Giant, (G^3) will be there, and there is rumor that Shipman might go "if it doesn't rain" Evidently Jeep owners melt in the rain...

mark
10-17-2002, 11:13 AM
Wanna fight?!?!

Krawler68
10-17-2002, 12:56 PM
Since when did mark grow balls? Last time I see him he is threatening bodily harm to anyone who will listen...now he wants to fight...

must be all that education...

BigRedFord04
10-17-2002, 02:15 PM
...you shoulda seen him drunk riding piglet in circles a couple weekends ago...we thought he had lost his mind

Jackasic
10-18-2002, 03:04 AM
Got it all back together and ran her down the road tonight. All was fine till I tried out 4 wheel drive. then I noticed the poping sound and a wheel locking up:(

After crawling under and looking around, nothing on the out side could be seen. That's bad since that only leaves in the diff problems.

Long story short, ALL of the bolts holding the ring gear on have sheared off. Crap, no 4 wheel drive for me. Any one have a front IH axle with 3:73 they want to rent or sell?:rolleyes:

I guess i woun't be froding ths weekend, will probably just drive up for the fun.

Jackasic
10-18-2002, 08:34 AM
SWEET!!!

I am back on! A scout guy in Ft. Worth has one that he is going to bring for me on saturday.

150$ and I get to do an axle swap in Glimer!!

Chadnutz
10-18-2002, 08:59 AM
What caused this?!

mark
10-18-2002, 09:54 AM
My guess is that:

A: The bolts rusted through just like every other part of the Scout.

B: Impact with a tree weakened them just like every other part of the Scout.

C: They were not getting sufficient oil on them unlike every other part of the scout.

or

D: They died of boredom.

Chadnutz
10-18-2002, 10:01 AM
E: All of the above.

Jackasic
10-22-2002, 12:42 AM
here is a pic of the boys from Brune Motor and Fab gett'n it on this weekend at Gilmer. Congrats guys for representing for TAMOR in the crawl-off.

You guys definatly won since you did not end up with a D&C roll cage:D

BMFScout
10-22-2002, 10:23 AM
I'm afraid we didn't represent very well. We had to beat 8 minutes for about a 100 yard section of Rock Garden. I kept thinking about the time and used my right foot more and more. At one point the left rear tire came a good 2 ft off the ground, then I ended up in the hole you see in the picture with the front "punkin" on a rock, and the rear diff also on a rock. I got a pull from a winch and promptly slashed/debeaded my right front tire, game over... It sucks too, because if I had made it past this little section the next 50 yards would have been a walk in the park, Fred could have got in and rode shotgun. Oh well, the prize was a 6 point cage from a company that I wouldn't trust to build a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, much less something that might possibly save my life one day... I guess you live and learn, and next time I will pick my own line instead of taking advice.

BMFScout
10-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Here is the "bypass" for Airstrip, gettting pretty nasty, very representative of TAMOR, would have made it but it was muddy as hell

BMFScout
10-22-2002, 05:00 PM
here is lissa standing in front of the ledge on the right side of Airstrip, the ledge came up to her waist. The guy in the back had no business being on airstrip evidently, he tried backing back down and got into the perdicament seen here, must be one of those jeep things...

froader03
10-22-2002, 05:11 PM
lmao... I may not have welded anything worth a damn ever or anything at all since ag metal fabrication in high school, but you can trust me to "build a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" anyday, jimmy...

btw, nice pics.

Seth
10-22-2002, 08:08 PM
so dandc aint worth a damn?? whats up with them?

BMFScout
10-23-2002, 01:27 PM
They talk themselves up pretty good, but Brandon got a set of the rocksliders and they are heavy as hell and poorly constructed, but at least the welding was ****ty and they charge way too much...

BMFScout
10-23-2002, 04:35 PM
Can you hear me now? (The little kid standing on the D90 is holding up a cell phone)

Jackasic
10-23-2002, 04:50 PM
Maybe he can see where I droped my phone while he is up there. Do you have a pick of mine in all it's sunday glory? Thanks Mark for helping me wrench on it, sorry you missed out on the wheeling.