PDA

View Full Version : warn winch wiring

CRaSHnBuRN
01-24-2005, 07:48 AM
I made a little mistake when I pulled my winch off my truggy. I had replace the short, color coded wires with longer wires so i could run the control box into the cab. But of course I was in a hurry to get it off and didn't make a note of which wires go where. So becuase I removed the color coded wires, and becuase time has caused the colors to fade on the posts on the winch, I no longer can remember which wires run from what locations in the contol box to which posts on the winch. Is there a way someone could give me a description of what goes where, or perhaps a schematic of the wiring? It may be in the warn owners manual, but of course its no where to be found. I know which ones are grounds, and which is the power cable, I just need to figure out which of the three remaining wires go where. This is a warn M8000, but any of the warn winches with the separate little box the controller plugs into will probally be the same

uglyota
01-24-2005, 10:14 AM
I dunno, but if I were you I definitely wouldn't look on Warn's web page (http://www.warn.com/truck/winches/src/M8000.shtml) ;)