PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break 2005 Trips

BigRedFord04
01-27-2005, 02:16 AM
not that i'm in school anymore or get a spring break, but for the rest of y'all who do....where do you want to go/plan on going? If i can get off work i'd personally like to go back to Hot Springs. I know a few people in the club have been there but i dont think TAMOR has ever had an official trip there. When i went i didnt get to see much of the trails but what i saw was pretty kickass. they've got nice camping facilities w/ RV hookups and stuff, and the owner told us that he'd have a shower house up and running within a few weeks of when i was there.

my 2nd option would be Clayton. if i had to drive i'd rather go there. i had a blast there and there are a ton of sweet trails. i promise to behave, and to not have incriminating photos of *possibly* underage wimmins if we go again.....on the web anyway :flipoff2:

when is spring break btw?

BMFScout
01-27-2005, 03:40 AM
I am in for a weekend, I say you go somewhere far away that southwest flies close to, and I will meet you there in a kickass rental cherokee or 4wd trailblazer, or whatever the rental company will rent me that will wheel "good"

uglyota
01-27-2005, 09:26 AM
due to me having no small amount of uncertainty as to how much time I will have off, I'd be down for nick's suggestion about the beach race.
Show you v8 fools what a 22re can do...:D

eight
01-27-2005, 09:56 AM
I says we head out to Hot Springs, wheel there for 2-3 days then stop in Clayton on the way back and wheel 2-3 days.

AggieTJ2007
01-27-2005, 10:05 AM
i am busy on the weekends, but i I would really like to got to Hot Spring during the week, or meet you there and wheel, I would also be down for the beach race although my jeep is slow it doesn't overheat so I can run it all out all day

CRaSHnBuRN
01-27-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm down for a weekend trip. I currently have the first weekend of spring break off, but can trade it for the second one if given enough of a heads up. Or if we decide to make it during the week, I could go, and just trade my weekend off and combine two weeks worth of days off together, and hope management doesn't try to fire me for it. But we really need to figure this out quickly. I vote for clayton. Has anyone gone up to disney ok? Could Hot springs be done in a long weekend trip (say leave friday and be back by tuesday night?). What is this beach race ugly speaks of?

jerryg79
01-27-2005, 10:34 AM
isnt hot springs only open on weekends?

Sharpe
01-27-2005, 11:30 AM
The beach would be fun only in a race type condition. I was telling Eric last night that for those of yall who havent been there, the National Seashore is 63 miles of nothing. Its great if you're into fishing, shelling or birdwatching but other than that its prety boring. A race would be kinda cool though. The only real obsticles are trash, and there's a ****load of it. Last time I went down there I seem to remember there being at least one tree spanning the entire width of the beach (god only knows where it came from) and one of those life-saving vessle things that look like UFO's (probably fell off an oil rig during a hurricane) in addition to countless channel buoys and misc. trash (mostly old freon bottles and driftwood). If we went during spring break though A) traffic would suck B) there would be too many people to have a race C) cops would be everywhere. Technically, the speed limit on the beach is like 30 MPH and people ***** and wave their hands in the air if you pass their camp going like 50 so I'm not so sure about the race.

Chadnutz
01-27-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm with Ryan. What happened to the days of real spring break trips with the club actually spent the entire week driving there/wheeling/driving back. I am down for any place that the club has been before. Hot Springs to Clayton to Disney would be cool, but anything out west would be as well.

Scott, are you wheeling this spring break.

For those that are clueless....spring break is always in the teens of March.

TxCruzr
01-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Spring break is the 14-18 this year

stinger7401
01-27-2005, 02:09 PM
The beach would be fun only in a race type condition. I was telling Eric last night that for those of yall who havent been there, the National Seashore is 63 miles of nothing. Its great if you're into fishing, shelling or birdwatching but other than that its prety boring. A race would be kinda cool though. The only real obsticles are trash, and there's a ****load of it. Last time I went down there I seem to remember there being at least one tree spanning the entire width of the beach (god only knows where it came from) and one of those life-saving vessle things that look like UFO's (probably fell off an oil rig during a hurricane) in addition to countless channel buoys and misc. trash (mostly old freon bottles and driftwood). If we went during spring break though A) traffic would suck B) there would be too many people to have a race C) cops would be everywhere. Technically, the speed limit on the beach is like 30 MPH and people ***** and wave their hands in the air if you pass their camp going like 50 so I'm not so sure about the race.

THis was discussed and elaborated on at the meeting. This used to be called the Garner Beach Run. It was an event that the first day or two were spent running down the enitre island while having fun, yes all 63 miles to the land cut. The last day was spent racing back, no stopping or messing around like the first couple. Once you get far enough down the seashore there are very few people.

I'm with Ryan. What happened to the days of real spring break trips with the club actually spent the entire week driving there/wheeling/driving back. I am down for any place that the club has been before. Hot Springs to Clayton to Disney would be cool, but anything out west would be as well.

Scott, are you wheeling this spring break..

Over the last couple of years this has slowly died down due to weddings and such. Looks like you just missed it nutz :flipoff2: . I know this year Scott is doing mainly comps, Busa is only gonna do Chilli Challenge, Hughes' rig probably won't be ready, Knoeller, Goss, Troy, Conlee and so on, are all working. If you want a large trip, which i think would be great, you need to organize it. Without someone taking the helm and making it happen it will not get done. Just lay it down where you want to go, make reservations and people will follow.

BeachJeepin
01-27-2005, 02:13 PM
$200 fine for speeding on the beach... $200 fine for playing in the dunes... though there are great redfish spots a couple of miles from the cut....

CRaSHnBuRN
01-27-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm with Ryan. What happened to the days of real spring break trips with the club actually spent the entire week driving there/wheeling/driving back.

Trips like those are fun, but suck for those of us who have to work, and have limited funds or are pulling with a gas guzzling POS like I drive. I like the idea of a shorter trip, or even a trip where we hit a place to wheel within a day or so drive, and then let the one who want/can continue on do so while the rest of us head back.

CRaSHnBuRN
01-27-2005, 02:22 PM
the sand thing sounds kinda boring

Fredo
01-27-2005, 03:12 PM
**** that beach....**** the beach race.....**** the rust you will be fighting a year after you go there. It was kind of fun for a little while, then Lurch's tranny melted down. Then we had to sleep on the beach....woke up covered in sand and salt. Was definitely ready to get out of there after one night on the beach.....no way I would do multiple days.

I'd go to Cruces, or Farmington, or Clayton, or maybe Hot Springs, but more than likely, I'll be in the hunt for a motor for Lurch this spring from the sounds it's been making. :(

eight
01-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Its about 6.5 hours from college station to clayton, 3.5 hours from clayton to hot springs, and 7.5 hours from hot springs to college station.

Could schedule like this

Tuesday: Leave college station about noon or afternoon and go to clayton.

Wednesday: wheel clayton

Thursday: wheel clayton, leave about 6:00 PM to hot springs, get there by 10.

Friday: wheel hot springs

Saturday: wheel hot springs

Sunday: Do a little wheelin in the mornin, leave about noon-2. Back to college station.

Could throw on an extra day earlier in clayton if wanted. And those that have to work in the week could just go to hot springs for the weekend.

eight
01-27-2005, 03:34 PM
forgot to attach map

jerryg79
01-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Wednesday: wheel hot springs

Thrusday: wheel hot springs

I see a problem if your talking about wheeling the superlift park in hot springs, unless you can get them to open it up for the week or there is some other place to wheel there that i dont know about

From the website:
Main Features:Over 1,250 pristine acres
Open to 4WD vehicles, ATVs and motorcycles
Open Friday - Sunday from 9:00am to dusk
Trailheads are marked and difficulty rated. Map included with Park admission.
On-site camping
One, two or three-day passes and yearly memberships are available
Club and group discounts available
Family oriented, alcohol-free environment

eight
01-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Dammit Jerry I just checked that. You beat me to it. You win.

I go back and make edit new plan. Look like no gilmer.

Chadnutz
01-27-2005, 03:47 PM
They need to be open for spring break. That is all.

BigRedFord04
01-27-2005, 03:52 PM
i'm sure if you contacted them and let them know we're planning a spring break trip and wanna come thru there they'd probably open the gates. especially if we've got a bunch of people.

eight
01-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Jeep Jamboree is the first weekend of spring break, I think they're gonna want the week to clean up stuff, take down booths, and rest.

CRaSHnBuRN
01-27-2005, 04:45 PM
sooo, if hotsprings looks like it'll be closed, then what? clayton and disney?

Graystroke
01-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Little Sahara in OK. Let's do some dune blasting!

Shaggy
01-28-2005, 01:01 PM
i want to go on a big trip this year... i might pick up a stock 4x4 to wheel for the week and then sell it when i get back... but the bronco will not be making this one... maby next year