PDA

View Full Version : furd transmission problems

savvyaggie
02-06-2005, 09:33 PM
I have been having a little trouble with the tranny in my 86 bronco AOD. It works fine and shifts fine until you are going up something steep... and if it roles back any (even a foot are two) then it is like it is neutral. I have to put it in park for 5-10 seconds sometimes 20 and then shift it back into drive before it will go.... any ideas???????

I can drive it all day and go up whatever I want, and everthing works fine with no trouble. but if I have to roll back down to choose another line, then I have to put it in park first before it will go into gear...

I know ford AOD's suck, but might anybody have an idea what it might be, or what would be an easy swap to put in it... I sure don't want to go bad with a furd AOD.

TxCruzr
02-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Sucking in air when you put the nose up maybe? Hows the fluid level? If so, over fill it a little.

robertf03
02-06-2005, 10:27 PM
is your tv cable hooked up?

savvyaggie
02-06-2005, 10:54 PM
is your tv cable hooked up?

??????????

savvyaggie
02-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Sucking in air when you put the nose up maybe? Hows the fluid level? If so, over fill it a little.

fluid level is were it is suppost to be, but that makes cents...

robertf03
02-06-2005, 10:57 PM
its the cable that goes from the transmission to the throttle. if its not set right it shifts like ass

savvyaggie
02-06-2005, 11:00 PM
its the cable that goes from the transmission to the throttle. if its not set right it shifts like ass

i'll check and see. but it normally shifts fine through all gears...

stx4wheeler
02-07-2005, 12:18 AM
you could prolly go with a c-6 but then you lose milege, and its only a 3 speed with no overdrive

savvyaggie
02-07-2005, 12:46 AM
you could prolly go with a c-6 but then you lose milege, and its only a 3 speed with no overdrive

don't care about OD, and don't care about mileage either, not being the DD and all. what all would need to be done for the swap??? jsut tranny or driveshafts and all or what?? don't want to put to much time into it, because I am looking for another buggy anyway. will eventually just use this for hunting... and get something with a solid axle to wheel..

stx4wheeler
02-07-2005, 02:33 AM
then run it till it breaks and find a junkyard aod ,cause im sure you would have to change shafts, and i am not sure what c-6 bellhousing you would need, just my opinion

savvyaggie
02-07-2005, 06:29 PM
then run it till it breaks and find a junkyard aod ,cause im sure you would have to change shafts, and i am not sure what c-6 bellhousing you would need, just my opinion

sounds like a plan

fbronco86
02-07-2005, 09:31 PM
I have been having a little trouble with the tranny in my 86 bronco AOD. It works fine and shifts fine until you are going up something steep... and if it roles back any (even a foot are two) then it is like it is neutral. I have to put it in park for 5-10 seconds sometimes 20 and then shift it back into drive before it will go.... any ideas???????

I can drive it all day and go up whatever I want, and everthing works fine with no trouble. but if I have to roll back down to choose another line, then I have to put it in park first before it will go into gear...

I know ford AOD's suck, but might anybody have an idea what it might be, or what would be an easy swap to put in it... I sure don't want to go bad with a furd AOD.

my bronco is forsale u want it. haha u could have two

TxCruzr
02-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Try over filling it a tad. If it works, great. If not, drive it till it explodes in a million little pieces...make sure you get it on video of course.

savvyaggie
02-07-2005, 10:14 PM
my bronco is forsale u want it. haha u could have two

I already have two...

savvyaggie
02-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Try over filling it a tad. If it works, great. If not, drive it till it explodes in a million little pieces...make sure you get it on video of course.

:gigem: