PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Rear Bumper (again)

jwingfield2k
02-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Ok. so I asked for a rear bumper last semester because this guy stopped at a green light and i hit him. Just dented his already trashed a rusty bumper. Anyways, clayton gave me one so I could give it to him, but the guy would never answer his phone so I ended up giving it to Jeff Clark. Now he's finally calling me back for his bumper and I don't have it anymore. Anyone got an extra one?

Its for a mid-90's model chevy pickup.

texasxj
02-08-2005, 06:53 PM
you sure like them chevys??? stay away from me and my new dodge! go find one in a junk yard

jwingfield2k
02-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Oh clayton, i didnt hit another person. this is the same poon from last semester, he wouldnt call me back from last semester so i just gave that bumper to jeff

texasxj
02-08-2005, 08:13 PM
didnt read well enough-anyway ill keep my eye open for another one.

jwingfield2k
03-08-2005, 09:03 AM
ttt

Sharpe
03-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Stop answering his phone calls. Its your turn to blow him off.

william_ace
03-08-2005, 07:01 PM
thats his fault for not answering his phone calls or calling you back. ignore him.

jwingfield2k
03-08-2005, 10:41 PM
ha, yah, and i got a nice little call from his dad today about calling the authorities if i dont get ahold of his son. its a cheap dumb bumper, my insurance deductible is 500, so its dumb for me to claim it, cause that wont do anything. i checked gordons, he said he didnt have one.

the bumper was rusted and already had holes in it. i went ahead and called the kid tonight, and what do ya know? still didnt answer the phone. can i just bill him for my time :p

stupid idiot. grr

Jackasic
03-09-2005, 08:35 AM
how long has it been, his window of opp. has probably expired. Just cut him a check and settle it.

jwingfield2k
03-09-2005, 08:42 AM
cut him a check? i'm waiting to get a good deal a bumper, if anything. It was early last semester. Within the first month or month and a half of last semester. SO it's been quite a while. Called him twice already, still can't get ahold of him. I just say screw it I guess.

just out of curiosity, are you a calvinist?

jerryg79
03-09-2005, 09:07 AM
I say **** that guy, what the hells he gonna do....no pictures, unless he has a signed confession from you, he would have to prove it, and if he doesnt have your address how's he gonna serve you? Just keep telling him you dont know who he is and to stop harassing you.....

jwingfield2k
03-09-2005, 09:23 AM
the only thing hes got is a piece of paper with my phone number on it, first and last name and number. and thats it. 2 weeks ago he was leaving notes under my windshield wiper in the parking lot right when he started calling me again. that kinda scared me, i'm always worried about my truck now.

Tilloda
03-09-2005, 10:25 AM
as long as he doesn't own a train, you should be fine.

agjohn02
03-09-2005, 03:16 PM
That I most assuredly am ;)

as in methodist, same thing right?

JeepPhisherman
03-09-2005, 04:14 PM
as long as he doesn't own a train, you should be fine.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
burnnnnnn

Shaggy
03-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Burn

Jackasic
03-09-2005, 04:18 PM
By cut him a check I mean settle financially with him. It has been six months, you made a good faith effort to settle and he did nothing. Just tell him that you will give him some cash and consider it done.

Otherwise he is out of luck. If he does do something to you truck, call the cops as he would have motive and opportunity. You only do so much, then you just wash your hands of it.

just out of curiosity, are you a Calvinist?

That I most assuredly am ;)

Jackasic
03-09-2005, 04:18 PM
as in methodist, same thing right?

***, not even close. Opposite ends of protestant theological spectrum.

Methodism was found by John Wesley, an ardent Arminianist. Good guy, but a "little" off in his theology.

jwingfield2k
03-09-2005, 04:57 PM
calvinism was founded by john calvin. modern day supporters include one of the biggest, and my favorite: John Piper. awesome author.

Doug Krebs
03-09-2005, 05:25 PM
I had my tire slashed in the zachary lot once. Thank god I had the certificates, cause that would have been a $230 tire lost. It had blown off the bead also so I had to hi lift it off the ground, use the lighter fluid method, and then air it up with the york. I had to stop 5 times from campus to the colony to air it back up.

Damn grandpa that story sucked! :laughing: