PDA

View Full Version : electrical idea

texasxj
02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
I have an extra trailer light hookup(the rectanglular 4 prong) that is tucked under my bedliner. Havent checked to where it is hooked up to or what. wondering if i could some how hook up a regular plug to it or hook up a power inverter to it??-lights/electric knife/radio. Any Ideas?

jwingfield2k
02-09-2005, 10:54 PM
yah, u can hook up stuff to it, just make sure youve got the brake pedal pressed in when you want power;p

The only constant power would be the running lights (and thats if the lights to your rig are on), i forget which color this one is. But it's only 16ga I believe, not sure how many amps you want to draw with this extra stuff.

BigRedFord04
02-09-2005, 11:26 PM
i'm sure the wire isnt big enough to run a power inverter. i used 4ga. i think for my 750watt inverter....i'm sure it draws a lot of juice.

AggieTJ2007
02-09-2005, 11:29 PM
i would just run another wire to the back of the bed from the battery with like a 60 amp fuse inline and ground to the frame, it will be a much more reliable and safer powersourch than trying to run off of trailer lights

Graystroke
02-10-2005, 05:07 PM
You may already have a heavy power wire running to the back. I know on my burb that there is a wire that can be connected up to a post on the relay/fuse box under the hood that is designed to provide power to something like an RV or maybe a small 12v fridge. It's wired into a seven-way...so if you have a seven-way you may check that first.

texasxj
02-10-2005, 05:57 PM
ill try and get my lazy butt under it this wknd and check it out. its so nice not having to fix something every weekend!!