PDA

View Full Version : Not Again!

jerryg79
02-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Before I freak out about eating another motor....someone go check their oil fill cap and see if it has condensation on the inside of it. PLEASE!

uglyota
02-10-2005, 06:29 PM
seen it on mine...s'okay

jerryg79
02-10-2005, 06:33 PM
anyone else?

I'm losing coolant somewhere but I cant figure out where. The oil is clean as far as I can tell without changing it.

If this intake is leaking again, I'm trading this ***** in.

JB
02-10-2005, 06:44 PM
heater quick disconnect hose that plugs into the the intake? water pump? Couple other common places besides the intake gaskets

robertf03
02-10-2005, 06:46 PM
cracked block

Fredo
02-10-2005, 06:49 PM
it's ****ed...burn that ****er down! I've seen condensation on the cap before...not too uncommon. Look at the bottom of the water pump where the weep hole is....if it's wet or has orange residue, you're water pump is failing....that might be the case....or look at the heater quick disconnect on the passenger side of the intake manifold. Those are a common spot to leak on the vortec motors. If neither of those are leaking, set fire to truck and call insurance company.

jerryg79
02-10-2005, 07:05 PM
heater quick disconnect hose that plugs into the the intake? water pump? Couple other common places besides the intake gaskets

I hate those ****ing disconnects....they are made out of that ****ty potmetal and break so easy. It may well be leaking there, it was leaking when I swapped motors but we shoved a bigger o-ring on there and it stopped.

jerryg79
02-10-2005, 07:07 PM
it's ****ed...burn that ****er down! I've seen condensation on the cap before...not too uncommon. Look at the bottom of the water pump where the weep hole is....if it's wet or has orange residue, you're water pump is failing....that might be the case....or look at the heater quick disconnect on the passenger side of the intake manifold. Those are a common spot to leak on the vortec motors. If neither of those are leaking, set fire to truck and call insurance company.

I was gonna check all those things on Sat. The snow has finally melted so i wont be on my back in ice in 30 degree weather. its not making horrid sounds at startup like before so I wasnt that worried about it.