PDA

View Full Version : WTOR hydro assist questions

CRaSHnBuRN
02-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Does anyone know what size fittings they use on thier hoses? I have a set of their hoses here at the house, and I was supposed to get the fittings that go between the hose and the ram, as well as the fittings that thread into the holes you tap in the steering box. Problem is when I orginally ordered them, they were never sent, and after the third attempt to get them sent I gave up. Each time I was told they were in the mail, yet each time they failed to show, and when i called back there was no record of my order. So I tried one last time yesterday, but the guy I talked to seemed to be off in his own little world, and told me he would have to call me back on it, which he never did. Sad part is when I asked him what size they were, he couldn't even tell me that. So I really need to come up with some fittings so i can build my hydro assist sometime. I've been to botco and one other place that sells fittings just trying to find sizes that would match, but to no avail. I'm gonna try Bryan ho's monday, but wish I had at least a better idea of what the sizes actually were or other ideas on where to find the stuff at

TxCruzr
02-11-2005, 07:49 PM
When you call, talk to Matt and not the dip****(s) up front. Last time I was there they had moved the guy, who had originally welded my rear that lasted for 1 whole day, to the phone ***** position. Either that or e-mail him.

uglyota
02-14-2005, 10:18 AM
I told you to go talk to Lance at Custom Audio Creations...he has -an conversion fittings

CRaSHnBuRN
02-14-2005, 11:47 AM
I will, when I have the time. As for emailing them, so far it hasn't worked. If i don't hear from them by the end of the week, I'm gonna try lance's as well as bryan hose

stx4wheeler
02-14-2005, 12:26 PM
like joe said call and talk to matt and he'll get you setup, the guys in the front on the phone done know crapola, so ask for matt hodges and you should be golden.

AgDieseler
02-14-2005, 03:23 PM
I remember some of the rams I've seen from WTOR took a **** at the worst times. Scott's and Joseph's come to mind. Maybe check out a better line of rams with their kit?

TxCruzr
02-14-2005, 04:24 PM
My ram is fine crakah :flipoff2:

uglyota
02-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Does rockstomper use the same stuff?

CRaSHnBuRN
02-14-2005, 06:32 PM
I don't have the WTOR ram. I picked mine up off of surplus center for 60 bucks. I found it one day while searching there and its perfect for my application. All I did was get a hiem and the hoses from WTOR.

AgDieseler
02-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Oh yeah. It's the other Ainsworth that killed a ram, but it was leaky anyway.

CRaSHnBuRN
02-16-2005, 07:35 AM
Well still no email from WTOR, and matt wasn't there when i called. But I guess its a moot point since I just found out my ram won't work. A toy with hysteer uses a 6in stroke ram (which is what I have), but if you go with just a normal style crossover (which I'm running because of space limitations), you need a 8in stroke ram, so i gotta buy a new ram with a longer stroke

uglyota
02-16-2005, 09:21 AM
I saw that post on pirate too, and unless aftermarket steering arms have different geometry from stock ones (which I doubt), it just doesn't make sense.