PDA

View Full Version : Staun Products - bead locks

Moose
02-19-2005, 10:50 AM
http://www.staunproducts.com/beadlock.php

anyone try these before? anyone near Corpus or Euless (only vendors in Texas for the product)? before i call either vendor, has anyone priced a set of these?

just cause i know how much you guys like pictures

JeepPhisherman
02-19-2005, 12:51 PM
I think there was a writeup about them v. normal bead locks in last months petersons rag. Dont know anyone personally that has used them, but the rag liked them because they acted as a runflat also.

Shaggy
02-19-2005, 01:16 PM
when you find out more about these let me know... including how much they run... looks like a pretty neat product

bburris
02-19-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm in Corpus, but I've never heard of the local distributor - Trail Duty. If you want me to look in to it and ask around I can try...

usmcagg02
02-19-2005, 01:38 PM
i'd like whatever info you find about them also

Moose
02-19-2005, 06:46 PM
i don't figure they'd be much considering it's basically a canvas carcas wrapped over an inner tube, probably be paying mostly for the design of the canvas carcas? price would be my motivation and being i really don't want to pull the cross section of the tire out more than how it already rests compared to the tread width. i just hope the air pressure of the "lock" alone is enough to hold the bead from moving as compared to the "clamping" power of the standard lock

TxCruzr
02-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Not sure if its the same company or not but the ones I saw, which were just like that, where over $200 a piece. Thats pretty expensive considering you can get some MRW's and other steel beadlocks for less.