PDA

View Full Version : Everything to do disk brakes on a D30.

Sharpe
02-21-2005, 09:29 PM
I want to convert my jeep's dana 30 to disk brakes. I need all the parts to do it. I will take a whole axle as spare shafts would be nice to have too.

J Cooper
02-21-2005, 09:38 PM
.... or you could just put in a D30 with disk breaks.... i bought a couple D30 wide tracks awhile back for $50 each. had the amc20s and 44s for the same price, but im using the parts for spears... and the shafts wont match anyways.

... unless you really wanna spend the money on that axle.... your choice..

narrow tracks usually go in the trash.... i would just buy the parts new.. cause if you find the axle with disks.... might as well just swap it.

Sharpe
02-21-2005, 09:43 PM
I see. What is the size and width differences between wide and narrow tracks? What vehicles did the wides come in? Are they a direct bolt in? I'm trying to avoid getting crazy with this thing, I just want better brake performance. They sell a disk brake conversion kit in Quadratrac but its $950. I just figured the spindles, backing plates and hubs would swap over without too much hastle.

eight
02-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I might have those parts you need. Don't recall seeing them in a while, but don't remember getting rid of them either.